Dolezaj's Three-Point Shooting vs. Team Success | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj's Three-Point Shooting vs. Team Success

acuse816

Walk On
He's 8-16 from three on the season (50%). So far, we are 9-1 when he takes a three-pointer, and undefeated (6-0) when he makes at least one. It may just be an interesting correlation, but I think it represents a more balanced offensive attack with good spacing and ball movement, which of course means we're playing better.

I think it is nothing more than an interesting correlation BUT I agree 100% that MD needs to be morello a cog in the wheel on offense. Seems he gets ignored some games and I am unsure if it is good defense on him or he is just not the focus at any time.

Interesting analysis. Hard to assess true effect when taking less than one three per game. There are definitely more opportunities for him to shoot the three, but he is hesitant most of the time. Hard to criticize his decisions not to shoot since he is such a good passer.

I think taking 1-2 outside shots per game is key, making them is a bonus. It just helps keep the defense more honest and helps open up the floor.

I think taking 1-2 outside shots per game is key, making them is a bonus. It just helps keep the defense more honest and helps open up the floor.
He only shoots wide open threes. So it is probably indicative of good ball movement.
Good points. He still needs to be more aggressive, as he seems to pass up one open look for every one he takes, and when that happens it generally kills the offensive flow and results in an empty possession.

He's 8-16 from three on the season (50%). So far, we are 9-1 when he takes a three-pointer, and undefeated (6-0) when he makes at least one. It may just be an interesting correlation, but I think it represents a more balanced offensive attack with good spacing and ball movement, which of course means we're playing better.
Interesting to know that. Thanks for pointing that out. He brings things to the team which are very valuable IMHO. His presence on the team is going to continue to pay dividends to the program. As he gains strength and experience he will continue to increase in his importance. Love the kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom