Dome Interior Upgrades | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Interior Upgrades

The 2003 hoops banner is wedged between the 2002 & 2004 lax banners! I thought you were kidding so I watched the video again.

The basketball banner looks exactly the same as the lacrosse banners and gets completely lost. I’m sure Syracuse is trying to treat all sports equally but there is no reason the basketball banner can’t be located in a space with other basketball only related banners.

I like the way some schools like Duke display the Final Four logo on their championship banner. Much classier imho than simply displaying year and sport championship was won.

I'm hoping we have a Field Hockey and a XC banner.

The 2003 hoops banner is wedged between the 2002 & 2004 lax banners! I thought you were kidding so I watched the video again.

The basketball banner looks exactly the same as the lacrosse banners and gets completely lost. I’m sure Syracuse is trying to treat all sports equally but there is no reason the basketball banner can’t be located in a space with other basketball only related banners.

I like the way some schools like Duke display the Final Four logo on their championship banner. Much classier imho than simply displaying year and sport championship was won.
Agreed. Would like each sport that plays in the dome given some space for their stuff. Combining it randomly is short sighted and makes no sense. You should be able to see everything a sport has accomplished all together in one area. Breaking it up lessens the visual impact.

Hope they re-think this.

Agreed. Would like each sport that plays in the dome given some space for their stuff. Combining it randomly is short sighted and makes no sense. You should be able to see everything a sport has accomplished all together in one area. Breaking it up lessens the visual impact.

Hope they re-think this.

It's in chronological order.

1959 Football
1983 LAX
1988 LAX
1989 LAX
1990 LAX
1993 LAX
1995 LAX
2000 LAX
2002 LAX
2003 Basketball
2004 LAX
2008 LAX
2009 LAX
2015 FH?
2017 XC?

It's in chronological order.

1959 Football
1983 LAX
1988 LAX
1989 LAX
1990 LAX
1993 LAX
1995 LAX
2000 LAX
2002 LAX
2003 Basketball
2004 LAX
2008 LAX
2009 LAX
2015 FH?
2017 XC?
I can see that. I just disagree with the premise. I also disagree with only having NC banners up. Hopefully someone intelligent will be allowed to do things over, and fix these early missteps.

This is a great opportunity for SUAD to promote itself. Let’s not do a half-assed job. Let’s honor the past and do it in a smart way.

The chronological order of the banners is odd. Every other stadium/arena I've seen, groups the banners by team. Group the basketball banners on the side of the Dome where the court is, football on the other end, lax in the middle.

The chronological order of the banners is odd. Every other stadium/arena I've seen, groups the banners by team. Group the basketball banners on the side of the Dome where the court is, football on the other end, lax in the middle.

Agreed -- I think it's awesome that we have an historically great lacrosse program, but the idea that our football and basketball banners "blend in" with the lacrosse banners is a total mistake.

A football/basketball title and a lacrosse title are nowhere close to being the same thing. It doesn't matter that the teams play in the same building.

Last edited:
I’m more than wowed at these improvements.
But...
Get rid of that 44, and put three 44 banners for the “big 3”.

I think you should add Michael Owens (11-0-1 team star) and Rob Konrad.
Let's not keep 44 so far in the ancient past.

YES I Meanxz how many other Stadiumz Or ARENAS that you’ve been to host 4-5 Major sports?

the Garden?

wait...I’Ll wait for your examplez

Hopefully we go forward with the connection of the Stadium to the Arch and put a state of the art Hall of Fame in the building. Move all the trophies from Manley where no one sees them, implement some interactive displays featuring greats from all sports and establish a showplace for our athletic excellence throughout our history.

Hopefully we go forward with the connection of the Stadium to the Arch and put a state of the art Hall of Fame in the building. Move all the trophies from Manley where no one sees them, implement some interactive displays featuring greats from all sports and establish a showplace for our athletic excellence throughout our history.

I would just like to see big enough concourses that people can go to the bathroom AND concessions and get back to their seats after halftime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom