Dome Interior Upgrades | Syracusefan.com

Dome Interior Upgrades

There better be 11.

We should have one for 2020* also ;) An even dozen.
Hey hey hey! Screen grab from the video above. Did we win a NC in any other sport in 1990? ;)

1604106942859.png

Love the orange & blue paint and other improvements inside the dome.
We wondered where that giant block S was going to go. We have the answer. I assume there will be one on each side. It would be odd to only have one.

I like the alternating use of orange, blue and white on the walls. It looks nice and makes the venue a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

Like the look of the lax banners. The primary color is blue but it works in front of the orange wall background.

Not a fan of the football numbers. Way too much blue in that area. That would be okay with an orange background but not with a white one. At least it looks professional. Not sure about the big 44. It is better than that ridiculous giant 44 jersey TGD had hanging. But I would have done 4 of them, recognizing the Big 3 individually.

I don’t think there is any unpainted concrete visible anywhere from the stands any longer. It makes a big difference; more than I would have anticipated. Well done.

Now let’s get the basketball stuff going. NCAA and NIT banners. The Helms NCs and the NCAA tournament NC. Retired jerseys. For the men and the women. It would be good to recognize the all time greats that have played lacrosse as well. For the men and the women.

Hoping for the rest of these, they will really use the rafters. The outside wall is okay for stuff like bowl games, but I love the look of banners hanging from rafters.

We wondered where that giant block S was going to go. We have the answer. I assume there will be one on each side. It would be odd to only have one.

I like the alternating use of orange, blue and white on the walls. It looks nice and makes the venue a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

Like the look of the lax banners. The primary color is blue but it works in front of the orange wall background.

Not a fan of the football numbers. Way too much blue in that area. That would be okay with an orange background but not with a white one. At least it looks professional. Not sure about the big 44. It is better than that ridiculous giant 44 jersey TGD had hanging. But I would have done 4 of them, recognizing the Big 3 individually.

I don’t think there is any unpainted concrete visible anywhere from the stands any longer. It makes a big difference; more than I would have anticipated. Well done.

Now let’s get the basketball stuff going. NCAA and NIT banners. The Helms NCs and the NCAA tournament NC. Retired jerseys. For the men and the women. It would be good to recognize the all time greats that have played lacrosse as well. For the men and the women.

Hoping for the rest of these, they will really use the rafters. The outside wall is okay for stuff like bowl games, but I love the look of banners hanging from rafters.

There a 2003 Basketball Championship banner wedged in between the 2002 and 2004 LAX banners.

Did they get rid of the Giant 44 garbage bag and the tacky “Melo and GMac won the national Championship by themselves” banner?

If so, GOOD.
How about the Statue of Liberty Banner? Billy Joel? Best lacrosse program ever?
Daryl Gross really had some random stuff up on those walls.

I did like the pictures he put up in the hallways on the concourses, The other stuff was tacky!

yep
The idea that there should be a platform where everyone can posts their opinion on anything sounds good in principle.

In practice, not so much.

Back to all the painting that has been done. I am properly wowed. In a virtual sense. Ready to be wowed in person. I am trying to keep hope alive that I will be permitted to attend the NC State game. I think that is the best case scenario. Thinking for the BC game, the students, staff, player families will the only people allowed and if it goes well and COVID is in proper check, maybe they can expand things for the last home game.

Unfortunately, I suspect this latest surge of COVID on campus probably killed any chance we had for the dome to open for students for BC. Kids, you boned yourselves. And you boned us old farts. Don’t get me wrong...if the shoe was on the other foot, we probably would have boned you too.

But still. You got less than a month left. Please behave.

Last edited:
Several campuses are really worried about this weekend.. its a big party weekend all over.

There a 2003 Basketball Championship banner wedged in between the 2002 and 2004 LAX banners.
The 2003 hoops banner is wedged between the 2002 & 2004 lax banners! I thought you were kidding so I watched the video again.

The basketball banner looks exactly the same as the lacrosse banners and gets completely lost. I’m sure Syracuse is trying to treat all sports equally but there is no reason the basketball banner can’t be located in a space with other basketball only related banners.

I like the way some schools like Duke display the Final Four logo on their championship banner. Much classier imho than simply displaying year and sport championship was won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom