Dome Nachos | Syracusefan.com

Dome Nachos

Why did they have to ruin the best nachos in any stadium on the planet? It is really my only pet peeve other than the awful speaker audio lately. I refuse to buy nacho cheese out of a sealed cup that isn't warm. BLASPHEMOUS.
I was just having this discussion with my wife 30 mins ago.

Why did they have to ruin the best nachos in any stadium on the planet? It is really my only pet peeve other than the awful speaker audio lately. I refuse to buy nacho cheese out of a sealed cup that isn't warm. BLASPHEMOUS.
This is the biggest story not being told. The old nachos, piled high, with double cheese and heavy jalapenos. It was a work of art. Beauty in simplicity. Salty, savory, and euphoric. The perfect snack between sips of your favorite beverage. A tray of comfort. I saw someone with the new nachos, and it was grotesque. I immediately had to look away in horror. My wife was getting hungry at the Purdue game and asked for nachos. She didn't see the new nachos. I pleaded. They are not the same. It was a horrible idea. She insisted. I returned with the nachos. I have never seen such disgust on a human face after first bite. I almost cried for her. We've never not finished nachos. We still have not recovered, and I am unsure if we ever will. I am sure this is a story we will pass on to our grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I feel like wars have been fought over less.

Isnt it the same thing? What changed?

Now, the omission of the Byrne Dairy Cookiewitch, that's irredeemable.
They give you 1/3 of the chips and the nacho cheese is straight garbage. Its not hot and quality cheese. Its the equivalent of american cheese in a cold sealed cup. Ive had better nachos at a youth football game out of a snack shack. It is honestly an embarrassment. They ruined the best food in The Dome.

This is the biggest story not being told. The old nachos, piled high, with double cheese and heavy jalapenos. It was a work of art. Beauty in simplicity. Salty, savory, and euphoric. The perfect snack between sips of your favorite beverage. A tray of comfort. I saw someone with the new nachos, and it was grotesque. I immediately had to look away in horror. My wife was getting hungry at the Purdue game and asked for nachos. She didn't see the new nachos. I pleaded. They are not the same. It was a horrible idea. She insisted. I returned with the nachos. I have never seen such disgust on a human face after first bite. I almost cried for her. We've never not finished nachos. We still have not recovered, and I am unsure if we ever will. I am sure this is a story we will pass on to our grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I feel like wars have been fought over less.
Exactly. Double cheese, pile of jalapenos. My buddies and I that have been going to games since we were kids (40 years) are just heartbroken. It was tradition for us to each get our own double cheese and jalapeno nacho. We would always get nachos at every away venue to judge against ours. Nothing came close. Now we are some minor league baseball equivalent of nachos. I won't buy any food in The Dome now because of it. I make my own nachos tailgating now.

Ive left lovers for less than this.

Dear Dome Concession Boss.

I imagine this cannot be fixed before Wagner but please get this fixed for NC State. If you can't get the the old nacho's back or can't replicate them, pull the current version from the menu - just call it "Supply Chain Issues". Thank you for your cooperation.

Double-cheese is kids menu. The old salsa was delicious.

Also, at the Louisville game they ran out of jalapeños before halftime. Unacceptable!

Double-cheese is kids menu. The old salsa was delicious.

Also, at the Louisville game they ran out of jalapeños before halftime. Unacceptable!
Kids menu?! How dare you sir? I would bathe in that cheese if they let me. I can eat boring salsa any day of the week at home. That warm, golden, unbeatable cheese was akin to the warmth of having your face in your first set of ample bosoms.

I'm with you! I can't even bare to look at those things and I feel sorry for anyone painstakingly pushing forward trying to eat them with a smile on their face knowing that it is crushing them deep in their soul.

JOHN WILDHACK: BRING BACK THE OLD DOME NACHOS

P.S. that will be my College Gameday sign if they ever come to Syracuse.

I mean, look at this absolute work of art:

The only thing I’m looking forward to is the drink holders . The bench seats don’t bother me but it’s really difficult to stand and clap and cheer with a beer in your hand , and setting them on the ground under my feet has led to a few disasters through the years.

Couldn't agree more. I've already mentioned this several times. Absolutely a travesty. I assume it might be related to covid somehow since they aren't physically grabbing chips anymore (despite gloves) ? Regardless.

It's been my go to food in the dome my entire life, dating back to a young kid at the dome with my aunt. Dome nachos and a Dr. Pepper. I ditched the soda long ago but the nachos remained. They are much worse now.

And this is another opportunity to talk about the pretzel that is NOT A PRETZEL SHAPE.

They give you 1/3 of the chips and the nacho cheese is straight garbage. Its not hot and quality cheese. Its the equivalent of american cheese in a cold sealed cup. Ive had better nachos at a youth football game out of a snack shack. It is honestly an embarrassment. They ruined the best food in The Dome.

Huh. My wife and Shrmdougluvr III had some at the Purdue game. While they certainly did not appear appetizing, she had jalopenos, and i thought the only difference between the cheese and salsa (other than the temperature of the cheese) is that they are not "single servings" instead of being pumped out of a larger receptacle. I did not partake.

Huh. My wife and Shrmdougluvr III had some at the Purdue game. While they certainly did not appear appetizing, she had jalopenos, and i thought the only difference between the cheese and salsa (other than the temperature of the cheese) is that they are not "single servings" instead of being pumped out of a larger receptacle. I did not partake.
Bingo

Yes, the pretzel. My wife, a south central PA native of half PA dutch ancestory was mortified. They take their pretzels, and the respective shapes of said pretzels, seriously in those parts.
If you want to illogically change the shape, at least make sure the total volume of pretzel is equal to the previous pretzels. It isn't, unless my geometry is off. Maybe I'll run an experiment tomorrow.

If you want to illogically change the shape, at least make sure the total volume of pretzel is equal to the previous pretzels. It isn't, unless my geometry is off. Maybe I'll run an experiment tomorrow.

Thats the laughable part of their new "pretzel". I can picture the accountants in that company now. " Hey lets cut costs in half by making only ONE ring of the pretzel. They will be too enamored with the shape to realize its a 3 bite pretzel. We can also charge MORE than the regular pretzel because of our fancy new advertising."

Thats the laughable part of their new "pretzel". I can picture the accountants in that company now. " Hey lets cut costs in half by making only ONE ring of the pretzel. They will be too enamored with the shape to realize its a 3 bite pretzel. We can also charge MORE than the regular pretzel because of our fancy new advertising."
I laugh at stuff like this because it's so unnecessary. Dome nachos and the pretzel are both worse. Who are these sick people in charge?

I'm with you! I can't even bare to look at those things and I feel sorry for anyone painstakingly pushing forward trying to eat them with a smile on their face knowing that it is crushing them deep in their soul.

JOHN WILDHACK: BRING BACK THE OLD DOME NACHOS

P.S. that will be my College Gameday sign if they ever come to Syracuse.

I mean, look at this absolute work of art:

I could look at this picture for hours.