Dome operations need to catch up | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dome operations need to catch up

For the record, not sure if this has been said or not butttttttt the workers at the concession stands are not “volunteers”. They are all good service workers on campus that have volunteered to work at the Dome. Which pays the best out of all the places on campus to work. A large majority of them are there for work-study.

So yes they volunteered to work there however, they are getting paid and paid decent.
Just because they are getting paid doesn't mean they give a sht. You think college kids want to wake up on Saturday and go serve hot dogs at the dome while hung over?

Agree about charging for water, even MLB teams sometimes put out cups of free water on very hot days. Unacceptable for SU not to make some accommodation for yesterday's conditions.
I'm pretty sure there are water fountains in the Dome......

Just because they are getting paid doesn't mean they give a sht. You think college kids want to wake up on Saturday and go serve hot dogs at the dome while hung over?

Oh I’m not saying they give a . Earlier people were saying give them a break because they are volunteers and I’m saying, they are not volunteers.

Oh I’m not saying they give a . Earlier people were saying give them a break because they are volunteers and I’m saying, they are not volunteers.
My sons high school booster club has a stand and we are all volunteers raising money.

My sons high school booster club has a stand and we are all volunteers raising money.

Which section is that? It’s always nice to give back!

Seems like the entire upper level are all Eastern kids, maybe Indian? At the risk of stereotyping, they’re probably excellent students who are not “hungover”. But there is certainly a language issue. I had a hard time the other day ordering 2 drinks.

concession prices are crazy high like at all sporting events, the discount card is a nice touch to try to get more people in the dome by kickoff instead of tailgating at there own spots then enter at kickoff time
Wrong.
Teams are starting to lower concessions to get fans to games.
They are creating exotic foods that aren’t cheap as draws as well.

Atlanta Falcons’ absurdly cheap food and beer prices just got even cheaper

I got no problem spending money but the Dome shouldn’t be nickel diming fans when they want the Dome filled.

Wrong.
Teams are starting to lower concessions to get fans to games.
They are creating exotic foods that aren’t cheap as draws as well.

Atlanta Falcons’ absurdly cheap food and beer prices just got even cheaper

I got no problem spending money but the Dome shouldn’t be nickel diming fans when they want the Dome filled.
Chili Cheese Fries for $9
Bratwurst for $8
A Burger for $8

Think those look exactly like they would other places. Atlanta just markets it so people think it's cheaper and spend more. The margins they are making are still absurd.

Their beers/hot dogs, sure, but not the other stuff.

Another problem is the staff working the concession stands looks like it's their one day a week outside the Senior Living Facility. None of them know how to work the cash machines and couldn't move slower if they tried because they are just so old. I mean get high school kids looking for a part time jobs to work and speed the process up.

tenor.gif