Don’t worry, Syracuse football’s offensive line won’t look the same this fall | Syracusefan.com

Don’t worry, Syracuse football’s offensive line won’t look the same this fall

Iron sharpens iron... and these young tackles won't see a better DE pairing than what they're facing now aside from Clemson and the National title game. Oh and the same with interior line vs Ruff, Bear and co whom are also beasts but won't have the gaudy sack and TFL numbers to garner preseason love.

Damn it feels good to be Orange

Lol i’d worry if they weren’t up against Robinson, Coleman, Jonathan, Black, Ruff and Richards finding the backfield while our qb’s have to avoid throwing the ball to Trill, Cisco, and CF while apparently even Mikel Jones is making diving interceptions.

Well one we missed or didn’t talk about was Vertillo at lt against Coleman. He must have done well cause I didn’t see a Coleman sack at all. 3 by Robinson. I have no actual knowledge other than 2+2 = a really good freshman? I am hoping anyways.

Most fans (me included) and most football writers are not good evaluators of OL play, much less talent. Given the amount of practice the beat writers actually get to watch?

We won’t know much until the season starts.

What’s interesting to me is how the article seems to imply that Ryan Alexander starting is a foregone conclusion. They said multiple times that only one starting spot will be up for grabs, and at one point they imply that the spot will be based on whether Servais plays center or tackle. It makes me wonder if they have insider information on this point, because when you read between the lines this implication is pretty clear.

Most fans (me included) and most football writers are not good evaluators of OL play, much less talent. Given the amount of practice the beat writers actually get to watch?

We won’t know much until the season starts.

I'd like the coaching staff to release their grades on linemen after they've viewed the films from each game. Everybody else has stats. In other sports the same stats are kept for everybody: batting average, points per game, shooting percentage, etc. There should be football linemen stats as well. Giving the good ones credit would be more important than shielding the bad ones from bad numbers.