Dont get mad when the media calls us the weakest one seed | Syracusefan.com

Dont get mad when the media calls us the weakest one seed

Relax, tough to get motivated when you are 31-1 and have nothing at all to prove. We'll come back stronger. It's a good loss (if there is such a thing).

Relax, tough to get motivated when you are 31-1 and have nothing at all to prove. We'll come back stronger. It's a good loss (if there is such a thing).
I agree...people need to calm down

Do you guys really trust Scoop? I was expecting big things this postseason from KJo. Still hold out hope but not much confidence. Dion might be up there with Harrison Barnes and Anthony Davis as most talented underclassmen in the tourney so hopefully we can ride him like those teams ride their studs.

A BET title should provide plenty of motivation to players who've never won one.

How can a 2 loss team be a weak #1 seed?

Are there 3 undefeated teams ahead of us?

Even KJo said it earlier this week. He's day-dreaming of a National Championship...

This was a good loss. We were caught off guard by a SUPER-IN-HOT 3 point shooting team that presented us with a surprise zone defense.We fought back well but came up short.

I don't mind them losing like this going into the tournament. It get's their heads in the right place and gives Boeheim some teaching points.

i would be upset if cincy won this by 15 and we mailed it in. if a few things didnt happen we win this game...i think they def took cincy too lightly to start and dug a hole that we should have climbed out but couldnt. would have liked to see rak come in a bit more..

Im definately not saying we cant win a Championship, we are plenty good enough to do that Im just saying I dont think we have a right to get annoyed if we get ripped on by the likes of DG after todays game. I really hope the saying we go as far as Scoop takes us isnt true because if it is I wouldnt be suprised one bit by an early exit. Our 2 seniors have to be better and one of them certainly cant be a major factor in why we lost and why we almost lost to UCONN.

Nothing to prove? They were playing in MSG for the BE championship. About 14,000 SU fans paid to see them play. Nothing to prove? BS.

We were caught off guard by a SUPER-IN-HOT 3 point shooting team that presented us with a surprise zone defense.We fought back well but came up short.

They shot .7% better than we did from three. Maybe we were still caught off guard, but we made 3 more threes than did. Guess that means we were "super hotter."

We had 3 more FGA's and they had two more FG's.
We had 1 more TO than they did.
They had two more steals than we did.
They made two more FT's than we did and took two more FT's than we did.
They outscored us by 12 in the first half.
We outscored them by 9 in the second half.
They made 2 of their 10 three's in the second half.

This was a very good game to watch and we played pretty well with a lot of energy in the 2nd half.

It's not nearly as bad (not saying you are claiming it was bad) as some want to make it out to be. Cincy played well. Given them credit. We should have played better. That's all there is to it.

44cuse

its not just this game though, every game seems to be like this for this team. while it can be argued whether or not we are the weakest one seed, its difficult to argue that we are the least dominant of the one seeds. everyone the last part of the year, save st johns, played us down to the wire

We are not the weakest 1 seed, that is preposterous.

We won more games than anyone except UK, & we are in a tougher conference.

I am very disappointed that this team didn't get a Big East Tourney Title this year, because they deserved it. However, They had a better season than the Big East Tourney Champion had(Louie or Cincy), & have a much better chance at winning the Big Dance.

Just to encourage you a bit, This is a special season, & one to be remembered above most in Syracuse history. In 30 years, nobody will remember who won the Big East Tournament, except the fanbase of that team, but everyone will remember this team's run through the season & the grittiness they displayed to win so much, even when they were missing a big piece of their puzzle.

If they win the whole shooting match, they will go down as one of the greatest "teams" of all time, because they did it as a team, & did not rely on one superstar to carry them.

We might not be the weakest team, i was really annoyed when I posted that but I cant argue with anyone who says we are. Kansas and UNC are both vulnerable and UK can have scoring droughts just like us. However we need to up our play big time, especially the upperclassmen. Scoop might as well wear the other teams jersey lately, KJo looks like hes taking Triche's Prozac and Triche, while hes trying hard isnt converting it into points. The bright side is I expect all 3 to up their game in the tourney and Dion looks to be on his way to putting himself in the NBA Lottery. We will have home games up until the Final 4 which is where I expect this team to be in a few weeks.

For the record the weakest #1 seed was purdue going back 10-12 years. They had a miracle two pt victory over 16 seed
Western carolina. By far the worst #1 seed ever.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom