Don't Look Now But... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don't Look Now But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting observation there, Townie. Just out of curiosity I googled more than a half dozen sites re most educated states in the US. NJ showed up in the top ten and usually in the top five on every one of those lists. On the other hand NY wasn't in any one of the top ten lists. But please carry on with your foolishness...
I grew up in Princeton, an oasis in the great swamp. Lots of NJ go to college mostly by fleeing the State. What other State would embrace a TV series about organized crime and murderers as a point of State pride.

Interesting observation there, Townie. Just out of curiosity I googled more than a half dozen sites re most educated states in the US. NJ showed up in the top ten and usually in the top five on every one of those lists. On the other hand NY wasn't in any one of the top ten lists. But please carry on with your foolishness...
My con Law prof at Syracuse gave 10 pts added on to every test if the student was from N.J. He found over his years of teaching that kids from N.J. needed an additional 10 pts.

My con Law prof at Syracuse gave 10 pts added on to every test if the student was from N.J. He found over his years of teaching that kids from N.J. needed an additional 10 pts.

Well then that proves Townie's point. lol

I grew up in Princeton, an oasis in the great swamp. Lots of NJ go to college mostly by fleeing the State. What other State would embrace a TV series about organized crime and murderers as a point of State pride.

I've been on this earth for 62 years - 31 years spent in NY state (25 in Syracuse) and 31 years in New Jersey. I've seen no discernible difference in intelligence between the residents of the two states. My last six years in NYS were spent on LI where I frequently heard that people from Upstate NY were hicks and morons. I reacted to that the same way I did to your goofy assertion.

I've been on this earth for 62 years - 31 years spent in NY state (25 in Syracuse) and 31 years in New Jersey. I've seen no discernible difference in intelligence between the residents of the two states. My last six years in NYS were spent on LI where I frequently heard that people from Upstate NY were hicks and morons. I reacted to that the same way I did to your goofy assertion.
Why are you making such a big deal of this? There are statements like that all over this board. Let it go.

Why are you making such a big deal of this? There are statements like that all over this board. Let it go.

You'd think maybe you'd jump on the guy that made the asinine statement rather than the one that pointed out the foolishness of it.

You'd think maybe you'd jump on the guy that made the asinine statement rather than the one that pointed out the foolishness of it.
I'm not jumping on anyone. I started by relaying a joke a prof of mine made at the beginning of a semester and you seemed to take that seriously. I also have had my issues with townie. On this one, who cares?

I'm not jumping on anyone. I started by relaying a joke a prof of mine made at the beginning of a semester and you seemed to take that seriously. I also have had my issues with townie. On this one, who cares?

Probably at least the third time you've used that line on this board. Time for some new material.

Morons can be educated formally. Plenty examples of that. Not taking sides, just saying.

Probably at least the third time you've used that line on this board. Time for some new material.
Thanks for the tip. I have a hard time believing that. When would we be talking about the state of New Jersey? But I will be careful from now on. I didn't realize you were so sensitive about it.

Thanks for the tip. I have a hard time believing that. When would we be talking about the state of New Jersey? But I will be careful from now on. I didn't realize you were so sensitive about it.

I am 100% sure I heard that line from you before. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom