Don't Look Now But... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Don't Look Now But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting observation there, Townie. Just out of curiosity I googled more than a half dozen sites re most educated states in the US. NJ showed up in the top ten and usually in the top five on every one of those lists. On the other hand NY wasn't in any one of the top ten lists. But please carry on with your foolishness...
You are using a false equivalency of education and intelligence. A look at our government and the people who run our colleges and schools tells you that is a false correlation.

You are using a false equivalency of education and intelligence. A look at our government and the people who run our colleges and schools tells you that is a false correlation.
I don't know. As opposed to who? I worked for major companies and found it scary at the lack of intelligence at those places. Where do you suspect you find high intelligence? I would hope the medical field. Nasa for sure.

Rutgers is ranked in the Top 25.

And they're playing well.
20 offensive boards against Minnesota last game.

Great. It's time to cash in. They will be ranked underdogs at Ohio St, Wiscy and Penn St...if they can stay ranked that long by winning their home games.

I've been on this earth for 62 years - 31 years spent in NY state (25 in Syracuse) and 31 years in New Jersey. I've seen no discernible difference in intelligence between the residents of the two states. My last six years in NYS were spent on LI where I frequently heard that people from Upstate NY were hicks and morons. I reacted to that the same way I did to your goofy assertion.
This has nothing to do with intelligence and every thing to do with behavior. Remember this started off with comments about the behavior of the RU crowds at home games.

Fans at games who are unable or unwilling to conduct themselves decently are IMO “morons”. I’m not talking about IQs.

I’ve been to enough Yankees, Mets and Giants game to recognize the loud-mouthed, aggressive behavior of a slice of the crowd. Keep in mind that Eagles fans contain a whole lot of people from NJ.

I saw little of that in CNY.

The Redskins crowds are increasingly composed of drunks, but they ignore visiting fans.

Not surprising on the friendliness of crowd to other fans. This is New Jersey, after all, which has the highest proportion of morons in the population.
As a proud New Jersey moron I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my Syracuse "education?"

As a proud New Jersey moron I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my Syracuse "education?"
So you are from NJ? Me too.

And you think the behavior of fans there —- or a proportion of fans there —- is just like That in Iowa or Minnesota?

Have you lived anyplace else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors