Don't shoot the messenger | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Don't shoot the messenger

If SU ever ended up in the B1G I think it would be as an 18 or 20 team conference. SU doesn't make much sense as #15 or #16. If we are part of an 18 team conference then it likely would be ND, SU, BC, and Pitt joining. When you add PSU, MD, and RU to our yearly opponents that isn't so bad. If it is part of 20 then you likely add UVA and UNC to that list. So if this was our FB division would you all be upset?

18 teams
ND
PSU
Pitt
MD
BC
Purdue
RU
Indiana

20 teams
ND
PSU
Pitt
MD
UNC
UVA
BC
NW
RU

If SU ever ended up in the B1G I think it would be as an 18 or 20 team conference. SU doesn't make much sense as #15 or #16. If we are part of an 18 team conference then it likely would be ND, SU, BC, and Pitt joining. When you add PSU, MD, and RU to our yearly opponents that isn't so bad. If it is part of 20 then you likely add UVA and UNC to that list. So if this was our FB division would you all be upset?

18 teams
ND
PSU
Pitt
MD
BC
Purdue
RU
Indiana

20 teams
ND
PSU
Pitt
MD
UNC
UVA
BC
NW
RU
Good gravy. Put a bullet in it.

ACC football is florida st, they hold all the cards. miami, vpi and clemson are all together on the 2nd tier, with miami being the only one who can claim championships in the last 25 years.

the bevo isnt going to take clemson for shlitz and giggles. it takes them after securing fla st. cant see the SEC looking at either.

if the SEC wants teams, then its vpi and unc or ncstate, cant see any leaving. this is at heart n carolinas conf and they just got rid of those rat bastards in maryland. vpi has too much politics to let them go.

give fla st a higher cut out of whatever bowl they make. find a way to keep them in the fold.

Yes, I do. Think it through.

Where are they going to go?

Clay Travis has been saying repeatedly that when the SEC decides to go to 16, NC State and Virginia Tech are the two teams it wants.

Clay Travis has been saying repeatedly that when the SEC decides to go to 16, NC State and Virginia Tech are the two teams it wants.

NC St goes no where with out NC/Duke and VT goes nowhere without Virginia...

NC St goes no where with out NC/Duke and VT goes nowhere without Virginia...

Heard the same thing about Texas A&M. Look how anticlimactic that was. These political ties are way overrated at this point in conference expansion. It's no longer about longstanding traditions and rivalries. It's about doing what's best for the athletics at a given institution.

If NC State and Va. Tech have an opportunity to go to the SEC and UNC and Virginia to the Big Ten, it won't be in-state politics as the reason if they don't go.

Why?

If the ACC is solvent it's more diverse revenue for NC and VA.

I know nothing about North Carolina, so I won't comment on what happens politically (if anything) in that state.

I think if UVA or VT were to get an offer, and the other weren't, it could potentially be a fascinating exercise, only because they made it one 9 years ago. But maybe not. Maybe it's eh, they got a better offer, can't fault them. The other one is still in a good enough place.

ACC has to KEEP 2 schools happy Florida State and North Carolina. Its like chess pieces, North Carolina is the King of the ACC, Florida St. is the Queen if you lose either piece the conference is check-mated. The rest of the conference will fall into place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom