Dordevic | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dordevic

Conrad didn't take a season and a half to get back to 100%. He was hurt against SU in early May 2018 and by the time we saw him again pretty much exactly a year later he was pretty close to 100%.
respectfully disagree. not even close.

respectfully disagree. not even close.

Well at what point would you put him at close to 100% then? You noted a season and half in your prior post but that's impossible considering his injury was in March 2018.

I think Sholo's point that Dordevic didn't play this season due to an injury to his lower body AND one of his best attributes is his shiftiness, and that attribute might be affected by the injury, which may have been a repeat of a prior injury, AND we in this thread are suggesting he switch to attack, which when I watch his HS/club highlights isn't where he normally plays AND be one of the focal points of the offense is a very valid point. We are asking a TON of Dordevic in this thread. I usually try to think like the coaches do to predict what will actually happen, and I have a hard time seeing the coaches thinking a Dordevic move to attack is a good idea, unless he comes back 100% healthy and explosive in the fall.

Again, we’re not suggesting he switch. The original post was that there are connected sources who have heard or know it’s a possibility. So, if true, the coaches are the ones suggesting he switch.

I think Sholo's point that Dordevic didn't play this season due to an injury to his lower body AND one of his best attributes is his shiftiness, and that attribute might be affected by the injury, which may have been a repeat of a prior injury, AND we in this thread are suggesting he switch to attack, which when I watch his HS/club highlights isn't where he normally plays AND be one of the focal points of the offense is a very valid point. We are asking a TON of Dordevic in this thread. I usually try to think like the coaches do to predict what will actually happen, and I have a hard time seeing the coaches thinking a Dordevic move to attack is a good idea, unless he comes back 100% healthy and explosive in the fall.
Valid point whatever position played but one can look at the field to see Cuse players who had major injuries who excelled a season later. Advancements and trainers do fine job rehabbing and protecting under guidance of docs. Fan expectations are one thing but being overly defensive is another. He certainly was not rushed back , young man has been ready since last year and spent down time on stick drills so his stick may be better than ever. Very athletic kids are capable of playing multiple positions , seen a long pole last summer playing attack well. Ok to see in fall if Dord can transition to attack, wont know until you know . My guess is he can excel there with guess being the operative word

Again, we’re not suggesting he switch. The original post was that there are connected sources who have heard or know it’s a possibility. So, if true, the coaches are the ones suggesting he switch.
Gotcha. We can be reasonable that Dordevic isn't going to put up Kevin Rice numbers yet.

Valid point whatever position played but one can look at the field to see Cuse players who had major injuries who excelled a season later. Advancements and trainers do fine job rehabbing and protecting under guidance of docs. Fan expectations are one thing but being overly defensive is another. He certainly was not rushed back , young man has been ready since last year and spent down time on stick drills so his stick may be better than ever. Very athletic kids are capable of playing multiple positions , seen a long pole last summer playing attack well. Ok to see in fall if Dord can transition to attack, wont know until you know . My guess is he can excel there with guess being the operative word

Dordevic playing attack is an interesting proposition. If the rumors are true, I hope we are late to the party and this has been in the works since early February. Desko would have to be considered next level smart if Tucker was ruled out for the season and he immediately started working on the transition for Dordevic. Putting film in his hand of previous successful attackmen at Syracuse University - say perhaps a Ryan Powell, who was hired as a volunteer assistant (albeit for talent identification) around the same time would be a great way not to "waste" a season.

Several of us have been beating this drum for a while on here so its no surprise the staff is considering it. You don't have to be John Danowski to know the SU attack unit has been the weak link for this team going on a half decade. I can't see any reason for them not to try this unless the staff knows something we don't about an incoming attackmen.

Gotcha. We can be reasonable that Dordevic isn't going to put up Kevin Rice numbers yet.

I certainly hope no one is expecting him to put up numbers anywhere close to Rice if Dordevic is moved to attack full time. Going to be a learning curve and a period of adjustment, not to mention SU's usual onerous schedule.

I certainly hope no one is expecting him to put up numbers anywhere close to Rice if Dordevic is moved to attack full time. Going to be a learning curve and a period of adjustment, not to mention SU's usual onerous schedule.

Interesting to think about what expectations would be for Dordevic next season. Curry nearly double his point total from freshmen to sophomore year (17->33). Dordevic had 20 as a freshmen, I think it's fair to expect 40 from him next (of course if he is healthy). Whether or not he had things to work on coming off a good first year campaign, but the potential is there. If he moves to attack I feel like you could add 10 or so more points and at the very least that helps you replace Voigt or Solomon's production from last year. I guess the problem is finding the replacement for the second attackmen who graduated. Imagine others will improve with another year under the belt, but finding 40 points is no small task.

Interesting to think about what expectations would be for Dordevic next season. Curry nearly double his point total from freshmen to sophomore year (17->33). Dordevic had 20 as a freshmen, I think it's fair to expect 40 from him next (of course if he is healthy). Whether or not he had things to work on coming off a good first year campaign, but the potential is there. If he moves to attack I feel like you could add 10 or so more points and at the very least that helps you replace Voigt or Solomon's production from last year. I guess the problem is finding the replacement for the second attackmen who graduated. Imagine others will improve with another year under the belt, but finding 40 points is no small task.

Certainly won't be easy to replace either Solomon or Voigt as both were starting for a reason. That said I think thats more about leadership and intangibles then actual points. I though Solomon had an excellent senior season but he only scored 41 pts which while second on the team isn't like replacing Grant Ament. I don't mean that as an offense to Nate as I would love to have him back next year but as you pointed out Dordevic scoring 40 pts next year wouldn't be some shocker.

Voigt to me is the guy we will likely struggle to replace. Guy was a beast in some games (7pts against the Danes, 5 and 5 against Navy and UNC.) and was very consistent (at least 3 pts in all but 4 games and two of those he had 2 pts. That said again I think you have to look at it from the bigger picture. As good as Voigt was this year at attack (he was outstanding) there were also games where teams successfully shut him off and where his complete inability to dodge was a major issue. You would have to think that a guy like Cook while certainly no where near the finisher Voigt was would give us more in the way of assists and as an all around attackmen.

I also expect that if Rehfuss plays like himself for the entire season versus being MIA for the first quarter of the year he will get to 50+ pts (had 39 this year despite scoring 1 the first 3 games.

Key for SU is general improvement from the entire offense especially that 1st line. The talent on there is way to good to be as inconsistent as they were at times. Timbo had 4 games where he had 1 pt or zero, and Curry had 4 games with only 1 pt. Not saying these guys have to score 6 or 7 pts a game and we all know that sometimes you just have a bad game but these guys are some of the most talented middies in the country and should rarely be held to a single point or less. Curry especially has to work on that shot accuracy, shades of Lecky at times this past season. I also think getting Buttermore to the 1st line where he belongs will help all parties, kid is simply a baller and makes defending that 1st mid line an absolute nightmare unless someone wants to try and triple pole the midfield.

P22 and Jeremy. You guys work hard on this forum everyday in season and out. You maintain a high level of analysis regardless of situation. And you allow skeptics like me to take pot shots at you from any direction at any time and you argue your points with clarity and perspicuity. Praise to you both for remaining steadfast even in the worst of seasons. You are true and faithful fans, posters who care deeply about the SU lacrosse team. I always look forward to reading your ideas.

It’s been discussed. They will give it a look in the Fall ..unless, of course, we have Chris Gray...!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom