Doris Burke | Syracusefan.com

Doris Burke

Forget the postgame exchange between JB & Hamilton...I'm still dying to know if that was actually Doris dancing in the '70s disco clip they played like 4x?????!! :rolleyes:
Yeah, what the hell was that, and it wasn't even her?? Weird

I don't think I need to hear about someone 'battling' congestion. I have congestion, a lot of people have congestion in the winter. That is not an excuse in this game. It was pathetic and actually pretty soft if that is actually why Isaac went to the locker room.

Forget the postgame exchange between JB & Hamilton...I'm still dying to know if that was actually Doris dancing in the '70s disco clip they played like 4x?????!! :rolleyes:
That was stock disco footage they were showing as they talked about 1970, which was years before the disco era. Horrible job by ESPN.

I don't think I need to hear about someone 'battling' congestion. I have congestion, a lot of people have congestion in the winter. That is not an excuse in this game. It was pathetic and actually pretty soft if that is actually why Isaac went to the locker room.
It's probably significant if y0u have asthma. Seems to sorta compound the problem. Whatever it was, it was significant enough to send the star to the locker room, and affect his play. Pretty reasonable to note that. I have a condition that affects me similarly, and "believe me," it changes everything about what you can do athletically.

I for one have a "crush" on Doris and have for a while. Yes, she seemed a little too obsessed with Isaac. She also said the teams had not woke up yet when I think in the first half the defences were tough, especially ours. However, I haven't checked the box score yet to confirm my assumptions.

Funny how the "congestion" didn't seem to affect Isaac until Lydon hip-checked him to the ground & then nailed the open 3. Isaac was slow to get up, hobbled down the court, & then went straight to the locker room at the next whistle. Obvious "congestion" symptoms. :rolleyes:

Agreed, it was nothing but Jonathan Isaac ALL DAY. It got old. That and how badly we play defense. Very uneven call by someone who usually does a nice job. Not her best day.

I don't know. Thought she made nice points about the zone -- hands down is a big issue for this team. Think White is one of the few that actually keeps his hands up most of the time. Thought she made the point about this being the best scoring team hamilton has had -- which is huge since he generally does a nice job with his teams defensively. Thought she made a good point about Rahan-Mayes being more of a scorer but an inconsistent PG. Pointed out how stagnant we are in our attempts to use clock -- not a phenomenal observation but always a pet peeve of mine with JB. Pointed out how much Lydon does that may not show up in the stat sheet and how Isaac is a stud especially since he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands all the time.

Thought the best point she made was how much FSU trimmed their rotation in the second half. A team that plays 10 guys routinely 10+ minutes only had five guys get that many minutes today and it was with Isaac needing to come off the court at times.

You can always poke holes in a color commentator but I think she does a pretty good job of talking about what is actually happening in the game, which many folks don't do these days.

Funny how the "congestion" didn't seem to affect Isaac until Lydon hip-checked him to the ground & then nailed the open 3. Isaac was slow to get up, hobbled down the court, & then went straight to the locker room at the next whistle. Obvious "congestion" symptoms. :rolleyes:

You guys are too much. Ashtma is a real thing and when it's kicking it can be a total pain in the a$$. I mean, Isaac put up like 16 and 10 in the second half so I don't think Lydon's hip check and 3 really through him off his game that much. Asthma, on the other hand, is a pretty well documented medical condition. But yours is a nice theory though.

I think the asthma definitely affected him. He looked like he was having trouble breathing before going to the locker room.

You guys are too much. Ashtma is a real thing and when it's kicking it can be a total pain in the a$$. I mean, Isaac put up like 16 and 10 in the second half so I don't think Lydon's hip check and 3 really through him off his game that much. Asthma, on the other hand, is a pretty well documented medical condition. But yours is a nice theory though.
I never said it did. It was, however, the reason that he went to the locker room in the 1st half.

I think he also felt bloated- congested and bloated is a devastating combination. Heard he was also battling a touch of chafing!