Doris Burke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Doris Burke

Hmmm, I get my entertainment elsewhere. I like announcers actually discussing basketball.

Do you think she does that? I mean she definitely didn't ever say 'get the ball to the free throw line' the way every announcer does. And her observations on stuff like battle's aggressiveness and the little stuff lydon does or Fsu's rotation or rathan-mayes' play doesn't seem rudimentary to me. That's an announcer doing homework.

The hands at your sides bit is basketball 101 but it is truly something these guys really struggle with.

Totally agree about Doris. She's usually spot on. Like you said, we didn't hear the usual "get the ball to the free throw line" typical SU-related commentary. She made good points. What's not to like about Isaac as well. The guy is as smooth and skilled as it gets for 6'10 or however long he is 18 year-old.

She did make good points -- I agree with those who say she is above average as a commentator. But where did she get the notion (repeated several times) that White was not so much of a shooter at Nebraska, and became more of a perimeter shooter for us? He took a load of 3s at Nebraska last season, making over 40%.

She did make good points -- I agree with those who say she is above average as a commentator. But where did she get the notion (repeated several times) that White was not so much of a shooter at Nebraska, and became more of a perimeter shooter for us? He took a load of 3s at Nebraska last season, making over 40%.
That was odd. Don't know how came up with that. Not her best work. Someone should have caught that and corrected it.