Doris Burke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Doris Burke

I really like Doris overall, even though she has moments of obsession and misses other things that are going on due to her focus at that moment. Again, overall I find her insightful.

And as a play on something Kelly Bundy once said, I think some folks here are subconsciously being "racist against women". Ok, where is NYCSUgrad? :)

I usually like her too. Definitely knows her stuff.

Annoyed me a bit today too, and by annoyed I mean it doesn't affect my game enjoyment at all, just more "annoyed" than usual.

You guys are too much. Ashtma is a real thing and when it's kicking it can be a total pain in the a$$. I mean, Isaac put up like 16 and 10 in the second half so I don't think Lydon's hip check and 3 really through him off his game that much. Asthma, on the other hand, is a pretty well documented medical condition. But yours is a nice theory though.

Sorry, but Arinse had asthma for 4 years. How many people went on and on and on about his condition.

I only get annoyed with her when she is blatantly inaccurate (like her comment about SU being in the basement of the ACC; they were 4-4 at the time) which is more notable when she tries to sound very authoratitive. The commentator on the side lines seemed more with it today (Allison Williams - but not THE Allison Williams).

Anytime Doris is on the call, I keep my finger just above the mute button, ready to pounce at any time.

I want my color announcers to be entertaining. I don't need a 2 hour lesson on how basketball is played

She's not the best, but she's in the top half.

I like how she calls a game. She actually talks about basketball and not just the lazy 'get the ball to the foul line' stuff. She's about as good as anyone I can think of.
I can't stand her

I usually like her too. Definitely knows her stuff.

Annoyed me a bit today too, and by annoyed I mean it doesn't affect my game enjoyment at all, just more "annoyed" than usual.

For a while she almost sounded disappointed the FSU comeback fell short, as though she had a great line or two queued up, then caught herself and got back on balance. She's certainly much better to listen to than ... (wait for it) ... Len Elmore.

I only get annoyed with her when she is blatantly inaccurate (like her comment about SU being in the basement of the ACC; they were 4-4 at the time) which is more notable when she tries to sound very authoratitive. The commentator on the side lines seemed more with it today (Allison Williams - but not THE Allison Williams).

I enjoyed her cleavage, being I wasnt sober. Hell, Im still not. We need more of that in sports, IMHO. I mean soccer teams in foreign countries have chicks with spandex in wild colors and the cleavage...right? Let's be honest now.

I enjoyed her cleavage, being I wasnt sober. Hell, Im still not. We need more of that in sports, IMHO.

Maybe someone could find a shot of it for me and JHJ. GIF would be nice, but a still shot jpg is fine too.

Doris may try too hard, but at least she tries. She knows her stuff, and maybe gets too technical at times, but overall she delivers. No? A few annoying moments can be forgiven if the rest is good, right?

And her behind the back dribble in heels turned me on. ;) That is skill.

"Drake" likes Doris, and Hopkins' son writes Drake lyrics on the moist bathroom mirror. (source: from his twitter confessions)

Anytime Doris is on the call, I keep my finger just above the mute button, ready to pounce at any time.
I want my color announcers to be entertaining. I don't need a 2 hour lesson on how basketball is played
And there you go.

If you want a broadcast circus extravaganza...Doris isn't your person.
Doris Burke is one of the few color people who talks basketball with authority, doesn't do schtick (that dancing clip notwithstanding) and adds a lot to the broadcast.
VERY few in her camp.

My only problem with her is that she talks a little too much.
A little less "insight" and I'd enjoy what I'm watching a little more.

BUT...she's far better than all the schtickmeisters who either don't know basketball or who would rather yell and scream and use slogans instead of providing much insight.
Even worse are the awful ex-player/coach empty suits you get on a lot of conference or local broadcasts.
The speak a lot and say absolutely nothing besides a bunch of platitudes.

That seemed to say Doris isnt Bill Walton...then Doris is Bill Walton, if I read it correctly.

For a while she almost sounded disappointed the FSU comeback fell short, as though she had a great line or two queued up, then caught herself and got back on balance. She's certainly much better to listen to than ... (wait for it) ... Len Elmore.
I do have fond memories tho of him during the gmac/hakim BE days

Hmmm, I get my entertainment elsewhere. I like announcers actually discussing basketball.

Anyone watching? But hey, we won despite Isaac's impressive performance so I'm happy for us & him. He's got a bright future.

So that was your original medical report contrary to the report that he has congestion which is complicated by his asthma? Ok, well, that's something I guess.

Hmmm, I get my entertainment elsewhere. I like announcers actually discussing basketball.

Discussing basketball is fine. Talking to the viewers like they're all watching their first bball game and don't understand how a pick and roll works is annoying.

Discussing basketball is fine. Talking to the viewers like they're all watching their first bball game and don't understand how a pick and roll works is annoying.

Do you think she does that? I mean she definitely didn't ever say 'get the ball to the free throw line' the way every announcer does. And her observations on stuff like battle's aggressiveness and the little stuff lydon does or Fsu's rotation or rathan-mayes' play doesn't seem rudimentary to me. That's an announcer doing homework.

The hands at your sides bit is basketball 101 but it is truly something these guys really struggle with.

It's all subjective. Here is a somewhat recent list voted on by their peers. (2 years old)
College Basketball Expert Poll: Who are the Best Announcers?

I'm not sure I have a major problem with anyone outside of the old school Dickie V mold -- Bilas is good and Raft is the best (I just never hear him anymore). I'd put Doris in behind those two though. Not a big fan of Dakich and indifferent toward Fraschilla. Never feel like Kellog adds much and Dickie V was played out two decades ago. Interesting to see.