Doug Marrone | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone

He was off like a prom dress the minute the NFL knocked...

I don't think he wants to be a college coach but saw it as a necessary stepping stone.

Pass from me...
I agree that I don’t think he’s interested in being a HC in the college game.

It’s unfortunate because I think he’d be a really effective CEO type HC for a college program.

BC head coach?
I just think Doug has 0 interest in the college game. He will be with another NFL team, his reputation is too good. Or he takes a year off. His son plays at 'Gate and is a senior this year. A couple of years ago they showed on TV Doug and his son taking in a hoops game in the Dome.

Last edited:
His wife is a BC grad and he is one of the few people alive who is qualified and available.

Can’t imagine him dealing with BC now if recruiting and find raising was too much at Syracuse 15 years ago.

It would be an amazing thing to watch unfold though.
I looks like it's a done deal with O'Brien, though the wife connection is interesting. Bill and Doug are always tied together somehow. I think recruiting is semipro now, you have an NIL fund and try to money ball it to make a roster. Not so much different than an NFL salary cap. When Doug was at Syracuse you had all those late nite bag drops that only certain teams could get away with, see Ishaq Williams. That one had to make him go sour.

Odd timing to part ways now with the Saints if there isn’t something next. Would think if it it was team-driven, it would happen the week after the season ends.
They are finalizing details for new OC who is coming from SF. Wouldn't be surprised to see more assistants let go soon

His wife is a BC grad and he is one of the few people alive who is qualified and available.

Can’t imagine him dealing with BC now if recruiting and find raising was too much at Syracuse 15 years ago.

The fit would be amazing. They would fully embrace Doug's tendencies for meathead football.

Meanwhile Fran and the super talent he accumulates would roll the Eagles, despite the immaculate game plans.

He can take the BC job and bring Cigar Boy in as DC, I believe he is still unemployed. Reunited and it feels so goooood.

I'd love to see him take that job due to his massive ego and fail miserably.

I’d rather see us open the checkbook and hire him as an “analyst”. I imagine there is almost no chance of this happening, but a guy can dream.
He’s a great teacher…but I don’t think he’s the type of personality Fran gels with. Not to mention Doug doesn’t have a lot of friends in the AD’s office to begin with.

I looks like it's a done deal with O'Brien, though the wife connection is interesting. Bill and Doug are always tied together somehow. I think recruiting is semipro now, you have an NIL fund and try to money ball it to make a roster. Not so much different than an NFL salary cap. When Doug was at Syracuse you had all those late nite bag drops that only certain teams could get away with, see Ishaq Williams. That one had to make him go sour.

O’Brien to BC is a thing? I haven’t heard that. I gave it a google and the only thing that popped up was about his sex life.

Attachments

• 6218C253-90D0-4462-A475-F04F31CE1839.jpeg
    6218C253-90D0-4462-A475-F04F31CE1839.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 35
The fit would be amazing. They would fully embrace Doug's tendencies for meathead football.

Meanwhile Fran and the super talent he accumulates would roll the Eagles, despite the immaculate game plans.
2012 was "meathead" football?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom