Doug Marrone's future... | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone's future...

Cuse4Life

Walk On
I want Doug Marrone to stay as the coach because I think he as taken us to atleast respectability and I think that is all we hoped for just a few years ago (to not be the laughing stock of college football)...I wanted to post this question

Are we more attractive for a new coach to come in now if we stay in the BigEast for another year for that coach to get kids to know his system, and style of play or do you believe a coach would want to move to ACC right away that becomes more attractive and the most likely understanding that we will be last in the ACC if we move right away with a new coaching staff...what are your thoughts?

Basically Im asking is that if we move in 2013, do we give Marrone another shot or bring in a coach now giving him the year of building his football team for the move...just a question and thoughts

He gets next year because of a solid 2012 recruiting class. Plus he deserves a shot to see what he can do with a more mobile QB and some playmakers at WR.

If he decides to go with Nassib for every snap next season and we end up with a losing record in 2012 then his coaching career will be over at SU.

think they'll do what they did with Grob, that is give him one more year than they probably should have. Year 4 for Grob, and it'll be year 5 for Marrone. And I think I'm ok with that given the monumental nature of the rebuilding job they had to do here. Just like with Mac with hopefully the same end result.

However, that said even us big Marrone supporters have to admit extreme frustration and disappointment with less confidence he's the guy. I still don't like his sideline demeanor as I've said for years and caught flack. For a supposed "discipline" guy his teams play with a shocking lack of. From the insane amount of penalties, to the ridiculous preening in front of the Pitt bench of our guys after a catch or tackle that looks pathetic (while losing nonetheless!), or with Wales emphatic first down gesture (again while losing). Sad to watch really. And then the qb does what, well, what he does all too often. Not good right now gents, not good. Here's hoping it gets better.

The only good thing is I now don't feel I have to spend big $ to go watch an equally rotten borefest bowl game in the cold or anywhere else this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom