Doug to interview with Cleveland and Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

Doug to interview with Cleveland and Buffalo

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
@AdamSchefter: Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Cleveland Browns' HC and also will interview for Buffalo Bills' HC.

@AdamSchefter: Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Cleveland Browns' HC and also will interview for Buffalo Bills' HC.
Just getting his draft grade.;)

Good timing with ebo about to decide :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Somebody let those whose heads are buried in the sand know about this.

I still think he'll wait for the right NFL opportunity so I'm not overly concerned (Cleveland and Buffalo are death sentences), but obviously he's highly regarded by his peers and he'll get more opportunities. I just hope its a couple years down the road.

Interviews are damn good. It shows the NFL has interest in Marrone, and he can use it as leverage to reallY force DG's hand to help improve our facilities and help keep our staff together.

Hopefully DM does just that as opposed to actually considering leaving...

realists saw this happening a mile away. does this mean Marrone has no character? No? it means he has a brain.

unfortunate for us, especially timing of it.

Unsure of whether I'm happy for Marrone or nervous that Syracuse could be without its head coach in the near future.

C'mon guys. Before you throw yourselves off the ledge remember that it's the BROWNS and the BILLS. Two butt ugly, LOUSY franchises. Doug has it better at Syracuse than he would in either of those towns. He's gonna get his $$$ from Gross and all will be well. He is BUILDING something here, and you don't leave that something just when all of your hard work is paying off. No way. Just as in the business world, you have to interview sometimes even if you aren't looking to leave. If you ever want to be considered for something else, you have to let them know you're interested. You also have to learn your worth. Never leave an opportunity on the table.

Interviews are damn good. It shows the NFL has interest in Marrone, and he can use it as leverage to reallY force DG's hand to help improve our facilities and help keep our staff together.

Hopefully DM does just that as opposed to actually considering leaving...

He doesn't need to do this to leverage anything, and there is nothing wrong with interviewing.

C'mon guys. Before you throw yourselves off the ledge remember that it's the BROWNS and the BILLS. Two butt ugly, LOUSY franchises. Doug has it better at Syracuse than he would in either of those towns. He's gonna get his $$$ from Gross and all will be well. He is BUILDING something here, and you don't leave that something just when all of your hard work is paying off. No way. Just as in the business world, you have to interview sometimes even if you aren't looking to leave. If you ever want to be considered for something else, you have to let them know you're interested. You also have to learn your worth. Never leave an opportunity on the table.

I tend to agree. I think he would absolutely leave for the right opportunity. See: NYG. But for Cleveland or Buffalo? Don't see that happening. If it does happen, I think it indicates that Doug simply didn't really care for his return to College football all that much. I guess it's possible but personally I think he waits.

If he didn't get a decent raise & contract extension, what would you do?

Doesn't HCDM, by contract, need to get permission by TGD to interview otherwise he forfeits his current contract?

Plus wasn't HCDM at the bball game today? Something doesnt add up here - seems kind of strange all the way around...

Few things would make me happier than if Doug Marrone decided to try to turn around the NFL's biggest backwater, the Buffalo Bills.

Five years from now.

See what this board caused?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Not too long ago many were posting their choice of replacement HC's, now there is a meltdown at the thought he might leave! I hope he stays, but I wouldn't blame him if he leaves

Well, isn't that special?
images

It would not be a happy new year in 2013 if Doug wasn't in Syracuse. Drink up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom