Doug to interview with Cleveland and Buffalo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Doug to interview with Cleveland and Buffalo

However, maybe TGD needs something like this to get the chancellor & trustees to pony up he money. I would hope a lot of work kicks into high gear behind the scenes to lock HCDM in long term. I found it strange we didn't hear about a contract extension publicly made earlier this month.

He doesn't need to do this to leverage anything, and there is nothing wrong with interviewing.

Agreed. No issue with him interviewing, but I hope he stays.

The job isn't finished yet.

Agreed. No issue with him interviewing, but I hope he stays.

The job isn't finished yet.
stays or leaves, I am most worried about recruiting. The last time we went through this, we lost out on Ray Rice.

Wonder if him sitting with IMG today was a sign.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I hope he stays. But there are only 32 NFL jobs. Cleveland and Buffalo are better jobs than all but maybe 4-5 college jobs. Not even close.

This is SOP for coaches who's stock is rising in the college ranks.
Step 1. Rebuild a losing program.
Step 2. Interview with the dregs of the NFL.
Step 3. Decline any offers from said dregs, but praise the process and the teams who interviewed you.
Step 4. Sign large contract extension with the college program you rebuilt. Reaffirm your love for said school.
Step 5. Sign great recruiting class.

This is SOP for coaches who's stock is rising in the college ranks.
Step 1. Rebuild a losing program.
Step 2. Interview with the dregs of the NFL.
Step 3. Decline any offers from said dregs, but praise the process and the teams who interviewed you.
Step 4. Sign large contract extension with the college program you rebuilt. Reaffirm your love for said school.
Step 5. Sign great recruiting class.
Step 6. Whoop some ACC ass.

@AdamSchefter: Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Cleveland Browns' HC and also will interview for Buffalo Bills' HC.
Just had the story and video of Coach Marrone with the Pinstripe Bowl trophy on Sportscenter following the Clemson-LSU game. In my opinion this is not good news in terms of recruiting (especially with regards to EO) but it may explain why AD Gross never made an official announcement about a contract extension.

Remember, Marrone leaves, he takes several of the staff with him.

I heard Cleveland wants to have a head coach announced by the weekend so it won't be a long wait to find out.

Unsure of whether I'm happy for Marrone or nervous that Syracuse could be without its head coach in the near future.

We are in a much better place now..if we need to find a coach. Let's hope Doug pulls back after TGD shows the $$$ for salaries and facilities.

Who is NFL coach material on the staff? Hackett and Wheatley?

Let's see him use this on the recruiting trail. "Listen, I was invited to interview for 4 of 7 HC gigs in the NFL last year. I turned them all down to stay at Syracuse."

IMG, the college sports marketing company?

He was sitting with Joe Baldini. Everytime HCDM makes a public appearance, either Baldini or another handler from the Sports Marketing Department accompanies him.

Every Luncheon. Every Pancake Breakfast. The BB game today was no different. Just another required appearance.

I agree. My bet is Hackett goes with Marrone to the NFL as his OC.

I am concerned because a year ago I heard Marrone did not like the amount of time he had to be away from his kids because of recruiting in the college game.

My gut feeling is he will go the NFL since he believes he returned the Syracuse program to respectability.

Hackett has nowhere to go but to either a bigger program or follow marrone. no way is he had coach material yet.

Adkins I would expect to then head back down south

Schaeffer Morrison, douast, Wheatley who the heck knows they could all end up back in the Midwest.

Biggest fear is this could end up being a whole staff gut.

I think you have to promote from within Robinson or Schaf. Could see Shaef following marrone to the pros to though

I have seen Marrone at several basketball games the past 4 years. I have never seen IMG in tow.

Who is NFL coach material on the staff? Hackett and Wheatley?

No idea but it doesn't have to be at their current position. But I bet it would be at least 3 of them.

This would be a shitty way to start the new year. God knows what would happen to our recruiting class if Marrone goes to the NFL. If he goes I would feel bad for Zach Allen since this could put a lot of faith in Coach Marrone when he committed early to the Cuse.

I heard Cleveland wants to have a head coach announced by the weekend so it won't be a long wait to find out.

If I were a cleveland fan, this would piss me off to no end. I mean come on, 1 week to find a new coach? especially when the prime candidates (AKA the not fired guys) are working on playoff teams, or coaching BCS bowl games? You have to give the search some time. 7 days, is certainly not that.

As a Bills & SU season ticket holder this is a weird situation for me. The love I have for both teams is truly equal for me so I would be extremly disappointed as an SU fan but just as excited as a Bills fan if he went there. Pretty weird feeling. With that being said, I dont think there is anyway the Bills pull the trigger on HCDM. He just isnt a big enough name with Bills fans (which would effect ticket sales).

Im pretty shocked at the lack of SU knowledge that most people in Buffalo have. We are only 2 hours away but for every 1 person in my section that knows about SU Football, there are 20 who have no clue. At the game Sunday I brought up his name and everyone was like "who does he coach for"? Or, "what team is he a cordinator for"? Most people where also asking me about Nassib (as a possible Bills draft choice) and how he ran the spread option at SU. :confused: Pretty sad actually.

For that reason I dont see the Bills pulling the trigger. There are already posts on him interviewing on their boards and most of the comments arent pretty. I think Buffalo needs someone like L. Smith or Andy Reid to keep the fan base happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom