Doug to interview with Cleveland and Buffalo | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Doug to interview with Cleveland and Buffalo

I can see by Wednesday Marrone withdrawing his name?? hopefully, maybe they give him or money, but I assume if he has any inkling of staying he decides soon if the NFL teams don't show their cards yet. He cant lose any members of this class, plus Ebo announcement on Friday.

As a Bills & SU season ticket holder this is a weird situation for me. The love I have for both teams is truly equal for me so I would be extremly disappointed as an SU fan but just as excited as a Bills fan if he went there. Pretty weird feeling. With that being said, I dont think there is anyway the Bills pull the trigger on HCDM. He just isnt a big enough name with Bills fans (which would effect ticket sales).

Im pretty shocked at the lack of SU knowledge that most people in Buffalo have. We are only 2 hours away but for every 1 person in my section that knows about SU Football, there are 20 who have no clue. At the game Sunday I brought up his name and everyone was like "who does he coach for"? Or, "what team is he a cordinator for"? Most people where also asking me about Nassib (as a possible Bills draft choice) and how he ran the spread option at SU. :confused: Pretty sad actually.

For that reason I dont see the Bills pulling the trigger. There are already posts on him interviewing on their boards and most of the comments arent pretty. I think Buffalo needs someone like L. Smith or Andy Reid to keep the fan base happy.
Laray smith is only a senior in high school and Andy Reid is going back west.

Was it ever determined for sure that Gross gave Marrone his extention? Could they still be negotiating?

Laray smith is only a senior in high school and Andy Reid is going back west.

Meant Lovie obviously but if Laray realizes that he has to get CJ Spiller the ball 25-30 times a game (unlike Gailey) then what the heck, hire him. :)

Not too long ago many were posting their choice of replacement HC's, now there is a meltdown at the thought he might leave! I hope he stays, but I wouldn't blame him if he leaves
Amen Brother!

All I know is that the next coach better bring coffee and donuts to Spring Practice.

It's cold standing outside in March. :cool:

Who is IMG?

You can google them but they are marketing guys who rep SU in a lot of things. They do media too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

IMG is International Management Group - Mark McCormick started and one of his first clients was Arnold Palmer.

However, maybe TGD needs something like this to get the chancellor & trustees to pony up he money. I would hope a lot of work kicks into high gear behind the scenes to lock HCDM in long term. I found it strange we didn't hear about a contract extension publicly made earlier this month.

I wonder if this is like the time JB talked to Ohio State.

don't know, but if Doug goes and is not interested it is time for the good Dr Gross to ante up, have the big press conference and announce the long term contract with HCDM...just get it done.

Meant Lovie obviously but if Laray realizes that he has to get CJ Spiller the ball 25-30 times a game (unlike Gailey) then what the heck, hire him. :)
Jk ;)

However, maybe TGD needs something like this to get the chancellor & trustees to pony up he money. I would hope a lot of work kicks into high gear behind the scenes to lock HCDM in long term. I found it strange we didn't hear about a contract extension publicly made earlier this month.

I'm pretty sure that already happened.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yep, add Arizona to the list says John Clayton who pronounces the name "Doug Maroney".

If he didn't get a decent raise & contract extension, what would you do?

Doesn't HCDM, by contract, need to get permission by TGD to interview otherwise he forfeits his current contract?

Plus wasn't HCDM at the bball game today? Something doesnt add up here - seems kind of strange all the way around...
Yes he was in Section 107 about 6 rows from the floor. TGD went and chatted him up at halftime. All was cordial, then TGD returned to his seat behind the basket. Gary Gait was directly behind Doug and they were chatting during the game.

I've been thrilled with the way he resurrected our program, but honestly if I were a Bills or Browns fan and they hired Marrone, I would be righteously pissed.

And people said Marrone wouldn't even get a look from the NFL folks???? Right...

The Buffalo job is a horrible job. You are in a division with Brady/Belichick. You got a young up and coming team with a young QB with promise in Tannehill in Miami (not to mention they got 5 of the first 82 draft picks and over $50 mill in cap space this offseason). The Jets suck but they are willing to spend money and make big moves and its an easy city to attract big name athletes.

Cleveland on the other hand might be the best job out there right now behind Chicago

He seems to not even be the 3rd choice of most teams. Hopefully there won't be anything to worry about , just timing is horrible . Even if things work out for us this time, it should show us we better be prepared cause the time is coming and coming soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom