Draft Potentials... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Draft Potentials...

Most of the time a "soft ball" means the QB throws a very catchable ball and that is a positive. Knows when to drill it into a tight spot and knows how to put proper timing and zip on it, but arrive very catchable. Aaron rogers, Russell Wilson, and big ben are a few pros with very good arms that have that quality.
My take on that always was that the ball arrives "nose up", which makes it more easily catchable.

He has above average running backs and receives.

Erv, riley and jamal dropping passes killed us too

Based on what? None of these current guys have done squat, and the “studs” we’ve had in Etta Tawo and Ishmael haven’t even gotten drafted.

And how can you say we’ve had above average receivers in one sentence and then talk about dropped passes killing us in another? Lol.

Our skill position talent has been near the bottom of the league since we joined. I’d say the only year we were decent at WR was 2016, where we at least had a few almost NFL guys.

Based on what? None of these current guys have done squat, and the “studs” we’ve had in Etta Tawo and Ishmael haven’t even gotten drafted.

And how can you say we’ve had above average receivers in one sentence and then talk about dropped passes killing us in another? Lol.

Our skill position talent has been near the bottom of the league since we joined. I’d say the only year we were decent at WR was 2016, where we at least had a few almost NFL guys.

Etta Tawo and Ishmael were products of the system and able to get a jump ball on single coverage. They didn't have NFL talent at the end of the day though. Neither guy could run routes like Marvin Harrison or Kevin Johnson for that matter. WE are severely lacking in skill position talent. Pasqualoni was the last guy to put multiple NFL starters out there in the skills positions. It hurts Dungey tremendously and ultimately hurts him physically having to take off and put himself in dangerous positions.

If we had Miami's talent at WR and RB (with Dungey), we would have won 8-9 games last year. Dungey would have stayed upright longer too

Erv, ish, dontae, amba are all ACC talents that helped our offense work despite having no offensive line, and because of that no run game.

The offensive lines been our huge issue. Not our skill position guys imo

I try to be realistic and manage my expectations and the legend that is Dungey...

But then I remember the defensive lines and pass attacks hes been successful against.

NC ST
Notre Dame
Bc
Fsu
...LSU
...MIAMI
...CLEMSON

Its absurd if you think about it.

If he was on a Pac 12 team or maybe like wvu this guy would be dominating. The acc is tough as nails

AMEN

Listen I love him as a player. He just doesn’t look to me as an NFL QB.
He doesn’t look off his first read that much.
He looks to run if that read is covered.
He doesn’t throw the ball in tight windows.
He is an athlete in the NFL.
He will be an NFL training camp next year but I wouldn’t play him at QB.

It’s not a knock it’s just looking it at from the NFL POV. His game in college doesn’t resemble that of an NFL prospect at QB.

I understand your thoughts. Just imagine him in the OU system. Mayfield threw the ball 10-15 yards most of the year and his wr athletes got plenty of yac. Yes, we have all seen the highlights when he unloads downfield mostly on roll outs and broken plays. ED has that behind that quality of an OL.

Etling sucks.
However he has an NFL QB body frame and above average arm.
He sucks and will be a practice squad player at most.
Patriots liked his size and arm. Didn’t realize how awful he was at throwing into tight windows at OTAs and his accuracy wasn’t good the reporters said.
Dungey is a better college QB than Etling but the guy doesn’t show the stuff the NFL evaluators look at.
Talent around you doesn’t mean squat for NFL draft evaluations.
It’s a combo of height, accuracy, hand size and arm strength.

Etling cant hold EDs jock. ED has the size and arm. Just wait and see. When ED finally sits in the pocket he will surprise most with his accuracy and yes, he has thrown the ball in tight spots, the Clemson game for starters.

Etta Tawo and Ishmael were products of the system and able to get a jump ball on single coverage. They didn't have NFL talent at the end of the day though. Neither guy could run routes like Marvin Harrison or Kevin Johnson for that matter. WE are severely lacking in skill position talent. Pasqualoni was the last guy to put multiple NFL starters out there in the skills positions. It hurts Dungey tremendously and ultimately hurts him physically having to take off and put himself in dangerous positions.

If we had Miami's talent at WR and RB (with Dungey), we would have won 8-9 games last year. Dungey would have stayed upright longer too

If you’re putting up the numbers they are and scoring at a rate that places them in the top of the ACC it really doesn’t matter how talented the NFL thinks they are or if they are a product of a system

If ED throws it and the catch it = mission accomplished

I’ll probably get heckled for this but I think Evan Foster may secretly be one of our best prospects.

If you’re putting up the numbers they are and scoring at a rate that places them in the top of the ACC it really doesn’t matter how talented the NFL thinks they are or if they are a product of a system

If ED throws it and the catch it = mission accomplished
It matters for the purposes of this discussion. This thread is about draft potential. What the NFL thinks is all that matters. If we were talking about success on the college level then all that would matter would be production. Fwiw, some of my favorite SU players barely or never played in the NFL.

Erv, ish, dontae, amba are all ACC talents that helped our offense work despite having no offensive line, and because of that no run game.

The offensive lines been our huge issue. Not our skill position guys imo

I agree on 3 out of the 4. I believe Ish was vastly underrated and AET was a monster for 1 year. I don't see how anyone could argue that AET didn't have talent. ED would throw the ball in his general vicinity and he was going to come down with it.

I just don't see it with Dontae. Perhaps he'd better off in the slot, but I just don't think he's a quality RB.

It matters for the purposes of this discussion. This thread is about draft potential. What the NFL thinks is all that matters. If we were talking about success on the college level then all that would matter would be production. Fwiw, some of my favorite SU players barely or never played in the NFL.

In the context of the thread, yes

In context of the post I was responding to, no

In the context of the thread, yes

In context of the post I was responding to, no
Just reread the post you responded to. He was talking about whether we've had NFL level talent at WR. So I still disagree with you. Even in the context of college productivity, if you take more talented WRs and put them in our system it's easy to see how they would be more productive than who we've had.