Drake Porter | Syracusefan.com

Drake Porter

ohmilax34

Scout Team
What are your thoughts on Porter so far? After 2 games he's above 60%. I like what i see. He seems calm, smart, good on outlets and he's making some saves.

What are your thoughts on Porter so far? After 2 games he's above 60%. I like what i see. He seems calm, smart, good on outlets and he's making some saves.

Think he has been excellent so far. He hasn't let in a ton of soft goals that I have seen and has made some outstanding saves. He had one with his foot against Eccles last Sat that was just unreal. If he can keep this up he might be the best goalie that we have had on the hill since Galloway. We have had some guys since John flash for a game or two but no one who kept it up consistently. So far he has been as good as we could have hoped for.

Agree, stayed collected after a few went by early, appears to be well schooled with good technique and anticipation, looks capable of making the spectacular on occasion while making most of the expected saves ,quick and decisive with ball, does not default to easiest outlet and will look upfield. Not sure how vocal he is since I have not heard a booming voice but D has been in sync with him so he must communicate well enough.

Never rule out some off performances by goalies but sense greater consistency. Porter and Phaup answering questions so far , 60 save % difficult to maintain unless D excelling but goalie and fogo percentages improving to 50% to 55 % range would be of real benefit.

I've been really impressed so far - he was really locked in for the second half of the Albany game, one of those games where you got the feeling he would save anything thrown at him. Haven't felt that sort of confidence in a SU goalie since that ACC Tournament game Bobby Wardwell had against UNC years ago. He seemed to show a little spunk near the end of the game which I appreciated. His clearing has been steady so far, though I don't see the Galloway/Maddona passing skill yet. Of course stopping the is the goalie's number one job. Only two games, but I hope he keeps it up the good work.

I think he has been very steady so far. He definitely has an edge which I like and is jawing at his defense all of the time. He makes good decisions on the clear.

He’s been great-he’s very solid fundamentally, throws a great outlet, and is most importantly very level headed. It’ll be a very good goalie matchup this weekend vs Barretto. Both have very good hands and use their bodies well for smaller guys

I've been really impressed so far - he was really locked in for the second half of the Albany game, one of those games where you got the feeling he would save anything thrown at him. Haven't felt that sort of confidence in a SU goalie since that ACC Tournament game Bobby Wardwell had against UNC years ago. He seemed to show a little spunk near the end of the game which I appreciated. His clearing has been steady so far, though I don't see the Galloway/Maddona passing skill yet. Of course stopping the is the goalie's number one job. Only two games, but I hope he keeps it up the good work.
I thought Madonna was a significant drop off from Molloy. Maybe you were thinking of Molloy??? SU had a crazy good clearing % in 2017, Molloy's last season.

I thought Madonna was a significant drop off from Molloy. Maybe you were thinking of Molloy??? SU had a crazy good clearing % in 2017, Molloy's last season.

I think I am just thinking of that pass against Army in triple overtime!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom