Drew Allen...a Fictional Fairy Tale Thriller! | Syracusefan.com

Drew Allen...a Fictional Fairy Tale Thriller!

Van111

Starter
Drew is doing what many of us expected. He is competing and earning a chance to be the starter for Syracuse this year. A prodigy of Oklahoma with roots to Texas, his story will begin shortly at Syracuse, for good, bad or otherwise. It is a potential fairy tale ending any one of us would die for. Four years waiting at mighty Oklahoma University, having to make a decision to move on, competing at a Northern School with rich tradition which has struggled for over a decade to finally become relevant again while having to do so with new coaching, a new conference, wholesale changes in starters, and a new way of life that is Upstate New York. I can tell you, I have lived in both Texas and Syracuse, and you couldn't pick a more different environment and people then what Drew has done with this move, but back to the Fairy Tale.

Drew wins the job on the last few days of camp and begins his career in the Meadowlands, where 50,000 Penn State Crazies, along with 30,000 Orange faithful make this game one of opening days greatest. Both schools trade punches, but it is Drew who leads a last minute drive to win it, an instant classic on ESPN. The Orange again go on to upset North Western and find themselves ranked for the first time in a decade and a half coming in at #24. The Orange then hold serve and easily handle their next two opponents as Drew becomes more proficient in running the offense. Then in comes undefeated and #2 ranked Clemson, high off a win over Georgia, Drew leads the Orange in a smack down of the #2 team on National TV from start to finish sending a message to the ACC and the rest of College Football that Syracuse Football is back. Drew instantly becomes a Dark Horse candidate for the Heisman Award. The Orange struggle somewhat in a few games after that but Drew pulls these games out and we remain undefeated going to Tallahassee in Mid-November. The 12th ranked Orange face the undefeated and #2 ranked Seminoles. The orange find themselves down by 3 TDs at the half, but Drew rallies the Orange with a perfect second half and sends the game into OT. After FSU scores a TD on their first possession, the Orange follow suit. They win in the third OT period by going for two as Drew QB sneaks into the end zone for the win. The next two weeks see's hardnosed wins over two old rivals and a trip the ACC championship game against another old foe, the Miami Hurricanes. The Orange are ranked #3 in the country and win a thriller against Miami pulling away in the second half. #1 Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC Championship game and Syracuse moves into the #2 spot...where they will play for the NC.....against #1 ranked and undefeated OKLAHOMA.

I'll write the rest of this story after Drew wins the Heisman in December! :)

on another note... does anyone else think the guy in the yankees hat behind meg ryan looks just like Kenny's 2 Pennies?

I am. Sending you a check this weekend.

Thank you very much! Sorry to bug you in another thread...it is just that the quicker we pay off the tickets, the better seats we get.

Again and thank you and sorry for bugging you.

Look forward to meeting you in Tally!!

Thank you very much! Sorry to bug you in another thread...it is just that the quicker we pay off the tickets, the better seats we get.

Again and thank you and sorry for bugging you.

Look forward to meeting you in Tally!!
No problem, just paid for MD tickets and the FSU game was a bunch so had to wait to pay day tomorrow.

Beautiful story...just like every great story, it invest all the emotions. The highs, the lows, the thrills, the spills. National Championship or bust. I believe.

And guys, let me tell you, the article from Floyd today saying he wants #44 back on the feild today just set me off, and when your on a roll, guess you got to go for it. Think Drew might wear number 44.....naw...lets not go there!

Drew is doing what many of us expected. He is competing and earning a chance to be the starter for Syracuse this year. A prodigy of Oklahoma with roots to Texas, his story will begin shortly at Syracuse, for good, bad or otherwise. It is a potential fairy tale ending any one of us would die for. Four years waiting at mighty Oklahoma University, having to make a decision to move on, competing at a Northern School with rich tradition which has struggled for over a decade to finally become relevant again while having to do so with new coaching, a new conference, wholesale changes in starters, and a new way of life that is Upstate New York. I can tell you, I have lived in both Texas and Syracuse, and you couldn't pick a more different environment and people then what Drew has done with this move, but back to the Fairy Tale.

Drew wins the job on the last few days of camp and begins his career in the Meadowlands, where 50,000 Penn State Crazies, along with 30,000 Orange faithful make this game one of opening days greatest. Both schools trade punches, but it is Drew who leads a last minute drive to win it, an instant classic on ESPN. The Orange again go on to upset North Western and find themselves ranked for the first time in a decade and a half coming in at #24. The Orange then hold serve and easily handle their next two opponents as Drew becomes more proficient in running the offense. Then in comes undefeated and #2 ranked Clemson, high off a win over Georgia, Drew leads the Orange in a smack down of the #2 team on National TV from start to finish sending a message to the ACC and the rest of College Football that Syracuse Football is back. Drew instantly becomes a Dark Horse candidate for the Heisman Award. The Orange struggle somewhat in a few games after that but Drew pulls these games out and we remain undefeated going to Tallahassee in Mid-November. The 12th ranked Orange face the undefeated and #2 ranked Seminoles. The orange find themselves down by 3 TDs at the half, but Drew rallies the Orange with a perfect second half and sends the game into OT. After FSU scores a TD on their first possession, the Orange follow suit. They win in the third OT period by going for two as Drew QB sneaks into the end zone for the win. The next two weeks see's hardnosed wins over two old rivals and a trip the ACC championship game against another old foe, the Miami Hurricanes. The Orange are ranked #3 in the country and win a thriller against Miami pulling away in the second half. #1 Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC Championship game and Syracuse moves into the #2 spot...where they will play for the NC.....against #1 ranked and undefeated OKLAHOMA.

I'll write the rest of this story after Drew wins the Heisman in December! :)

Posting this image for the second time today...
I-want-to-believe-poster-240x300.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom