Drew Allen to Cuse?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Drew Allen to Cuse??

My take is that the OU QBs he sat behind were not really good. If HCSS wants a practice squad QB, then OK. We are better off playing kids already in the system. Just my opinion.

P.S. I saw OU in person twice, once in '11 and once in '12. Landry was not impressive, this kid sat behind him.
So a 4 year starter at Oklahoma with these stats is not really good.:confused:

SEASONCMPATTYDSCMP%YPALNGTDINTSACK RAT
2012 3675554267 66.17.69 76 301113 144.6
2011 3555624463 63.27.94 64 291510 141.6
2010 4056174718 65.67.65 86 381219 146.3
2009 2614493198 58.17.12 67 261412 130.8

The most likely starter at QB in 2013 is a redshirt Jr. 5* who was the #4 QB in the 2010 class according to $cout. Not surprising OU would prefer to go with a kid like that who has two years left.

There isn't much film on Drew Allen but from what I've seen I'd love to get him.

And he is running the pistol in those highlights :)

When he was in HS, R ivals had him ranked as the 15th best QB prospect in the country and 56th best overall prospect in Texas. Here's the ESPN scouting report on him from his high school days:

Productivity counts above all else for quarterback prospects, and in that sense Drew Allen measures up. He may appear awkward at times, but the end result generally is positive. Has the look of a late bloomer, with solid height but a need for more bulk and strength. Appears considerably more comfortable working from a shotgun formation, throwing with more authority and effectiveness. Has good feet and deceptive athleticism. Moves well enough in the pocket to sidestep the rush, buy himself second chances and even occasionally tuck and run. Fares best on short and intermediate throws. Has decent--but not great--arm strength, and is more of a touch and timing passer. Throws a soft ball and shows good accuracy underneath. Can't regularly fire the ball into tiny windows, but can be very effective when he throws on time. Throws adequately on the move, but lacks the zip and power to pass across his body or off balance. Moves the chains, but needs to work on setting his feet, stepping into his throws and creating more power. Throws off his back foot a lot and pushes the ball a bit. Appears to aim the ball with his delivery, rather than unleashing it. Allen is a competent pocket passer who, with continued development, eventually could develop into a viable college quarterback and an asset.

Keep in mind they said he needed to add bulk because he was 195 at the time, and is now about 225-230 so mission accomplished on that front.

Landry Jones will be an NFL QB, the system is new, so everybody is on the same footing, I would love to see Charlie win it and succeed but other than being here 4 years he is in the same situation as Allen, and maybe not even that if Allen has a history with the "Pistol"

We're not in a position yet where we can turn guys away if they improve the talent. If he improves the talent, welcome aboard.

Completely agree. I'll add that QB is a major, major question mark heading into next season. We saw what happened this year when we had above average QB play. If Allen is better than the personnel on hand, then bring him in--even just for one year. This is a totally different situation than Paulus, in that Allen has been playing his entire career.

Completely agree. I'll add that QB is a major, major question mark heading into next season. We saw what happened this year when we had above average QB play. If Allen is better than the personnel on hand, then bring him in--even just for one year. This is a totally different situation than Paulus, in that Allen has been playing his entire career.
Not only that, this doesn't mean the young guys are shut out. Hunt may very well have his chance down the road. Wilson and Kimble would obviously be in play after redshirting.

Would suck for Loeb and Kinder though.

Not only that, this doesn't mean the young guys are shut out. Hunt may very well have his chance down the road. Wilson and Kimble would obviously be in play after redshirting.

Would suck for Loeb and Kinder though.

This is effectively the point I was making in the Drew Allen thread on the recruiting board. The only person, IMO, who suffers as a result of Drew Allen coming on board is Loeb, and IMO, if Loeb after being here for 4 years can't beat out a guy that walks into the program with 1 year to play, that's on him more than anyone else. I truly don't believe that Kinder would see the field much whether Allen was here or not, outside of an injury situation.

We have extra schollies, we lose nothing by bringing Drew Allen on board. We stand to gain a ton if he is in fact a major upgrade over the QB's we have available to compete for the role this year.

This is effectively the point I was making in the Drew Allen thread on the recruiting board. The only person, IMO, who suffers as a result of Drew Allen coming on board is Loeb, and IMO, if Loeb after being here for 4 years can't beat out a guy that walks into the program with 1 year to play, that's on him more than anyone else. I truly don't believe that Kinder would see the field much whether Allen was here or not, outside of an injury situation.

We have extra schollies, we lose nothing by bringing Drew Allen on board. We stand to gain a ton if he is in fact a major upgrade over the QB's we have available to compete for the role this year.
Odd that we may end up starting an Allen after all.

An Allen from Texas, no less.

things-that-blew-your-mind-when-you-were-a-kid-1-30991-1346448555-3_big.jpg

I wish I could like this multiple times, because it is basically what I would have written in this thread had you not beat me to it.
Nothing to lose = How could anyone not like the addition of Drew Allen (if it happens)?

Source: Former OU quarterback Drew Allen will decide soon between Syracuse and N.C. State

Posted by Jason Kersey
on April 4, 2013M at 4:57 pm

Former OU quarterback Drew Allen will transfer to either Syracuse or N.C. State. PHOTO BY STEVE SISNEY, THE OKLAHOMAN ARCHIVE
NORMAN — Former Oklahoma quarterback Drew Allen visited Syracuse recently, and plans to visit N.C. State soon before deciding where he’ll play college football next season, according to a source.
The source said Allen will choose between those two schools, and is leaning toward Syracuse because he likes the Orange’s offensive system.
Allen’s visit to Syracuse was first reported by ESPN.com. Syracuse is looking to replace Ryan Nassib, a four-year starter who is projected as a second-round selection in this month’s NFL Draft.

really want this kid here, think he'll be huge as we enter the ACC... this season is critical to carry the momentum over from last season. We need to string together winning seasons.

Since when has Syracuse gotten into recruiting battles with NC State for seemingly every prospect?

Of course, Syracuse seems to be winning most of them (if not all), so keep it coming!

Since when has Syracuse gotten into recruiting battles with NC State for seemingly every prospect?

Of course, Syracuse seems to be winning most of them (if not all), so keep it coming!

Seems like after State hired Doreen in December as HC. Another former MAC coach...NIU.

Big East is to Rutgers as The ACC is to NC State...

Just saw a tweet that Drew was in the DFW airport today. Perhaps he is on his way to State and we will know soon if he is transfering to SU

Just got to talk with @DrewAllen1 at the DFW airport. Stand up genuine guy right there. #BoomerSooner

The more I read about this guy, the more I like him. I hope he's wearing Orange and Blue in the fall.

Better looking - Drew or Charlie - he asked in a manly sort of way.
Blasphemer. Everyone knows that 9 out of 10 New Orleans waitresses think Charley Loeb is the handsomest boy in the whole wide world.

Big East is to Rutgers as The ACC is to NC State...

NC State Fans remind me of Rutgers fans but NC State has actually won things at some point so fans is where that comparison starts and ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom