Drew Allen to Cuse?? | Syracusefan.com

Drew Allen to Cuse??

mlbball99

2nd String
Oklahoma QB Drew Allen had good Syracuse visit but will visit 1 more school before finalizing choice. Could be Cuse QB this season.
-@schadjoe

he is a one year kid and we have extra scholies at worst he could play scout team if it doesnt pan out. at best he holds the position and lets the young kids have time to develop.

I think he comes to 'Cuse starts this year and is a place holder for Hunt or Wilson who will be a place holder for AJ Long... LOL

I thought he was visiting 3 schools. Maryland, Syracuse and Arkansas St.

I thought he was visiting 3 schools. Maryland, Syracuse and Arkansas St.
From the link above

"Former Oklahoma quarterback Drew Allen has visited Syracuse but will visit one more school as early as this week before deciding where to play this season, according to a source.

Allen has one season to play and will be eligible this season immediately after he graduates. Allen plans to make his decision final as early as next week.

Allen has played behind Landry Jones, and Blake Bell is poised to take over as Oklahoma's starter this season.
Syracuse has experience with this scenario as Greg Paulus once played one season after earning his degree at Duke."

From the link above

"Former Oklahoma quarterback Drew Allen has visited Syracuse but will visit one more school as early as this week before deciding where to play this season, according to a source.

Allen has one season to play and will be eligible this season immediately after he graduates. Allen plans to make his decision final as early as next week.

Allen has played behind Landry Jones, and Blake Bell is poised to take over as Oklahoma's starter this season.
Syracuse has experience with this scenario as Greg Paulus once played one season after earning his degree at Duke."

That just states he has 1 more school to visit. Could have been 3 total :)

From the link above

This was a tweet from March 14th...

Bruce Feldman @BFeldmanCBS
Ex-OU QB Drew Allen is planning on visiting Cuse, Maryland & ArkSt. He graduates in May & will be eligible this fall.
3:53 PM - 14 Mar 13

My take is that the OU QBs he sat behind were not really good. If HCSS wants a practice squad QB, then OK. We are better off playing kids already in the system. Just my opinion.

P.S. I saw OU in person twice, once in '11 and once in '12. Landry was not impressive, this kid sat behind him.

My take is that the OU QBs he sat behind were not really good. If HCSS wants a practice squad QB, then OK. We are better off playing kids already in the system. Just my opinion.

P.S. I saw OU in person twice, once in '11 and once in '12. Landry was not impressive, this kid sat behind him.

Maybe the new coaching staff doesn't feel the kids that are here "fit the new system." And they are trying to find a stop gap player who has ran the pistol offense before until either Hunt, Wilson or Long is ready to go.

We've had a few scholarships open up this spring, so I'm fine offering him one of the open slots, as long as he's not promised a starting position. Allen won't have any effect on this year's verbals since he only has 1 year of eligibility remaining.

Landry not impressive? He's projected as the #5 QB off the draft boards by respected experts, such as Kiper. He may not be impressive in his own, but Allen's talents shouldn't be negatively judged for backing up a talent like Landry Jones.

Oklahoma QB Drew Allen had good Syracuse visit but will visit 1 more school before finalizing choice. Could be Cuse QB this season.
-@schadjoe

Syracuse has a brand new coaching staff on the O side of the ball (sans WR) and a fast-pace minded OC who has no incumbent...for a team who opens up on big-time national TV against Penn State in GIANTS Stadium.

That is a HELL of a recruitment scenario for him.

So he didn't go to Maryland that would lead me to believe he is visiting Arkansas St. before making his choice.

Now that I think about it, I think I have Colorado confused with Marona's visit, not Allen.

I didn't know much about him, so I look at his old senior highlight film. Dude's got a cannon for an arm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom