Class of 2019 - DT Darius Robinson (MI) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Darius Robinson (MI) Offered

What a place to be ;)
brain-neural-activity.gif

Considered an MSU lean, the 6-foot-6, 250-pound defensive end, ranked 16th in the state of Michigan by 247Sports Composite, said his decision could come down to the Spartans and the Orange, who made a good impression on his visit.

Here's the Detroit Free Press link - full story

Decision nears for Canton's Darius Robinson after Michigan State visit

Michigan State

“It was a great experience. Michigan State came up a little bit short, but everyone played well. It was a good game. You can only control what you can control. I could feel the hatred. That Michigan-Michigan State is something different. Seeing it on TV is one thing knowing they don’t like each other. But seeing it in person.

“I got a chance to holler at (MSU recruit) Tate Hallock. We talked for minute. He’s a good kid. It was good talking to him.

“I talked to coach (Ron) Burton after the game and he was upset about the loss. He said they needed D-linemen and talked about me playing in this game next year. He talked about this being near my home and my family would be able to see me play."

5cb6753c-678f-4521-9749-4f8867460ac0-CantonFBpreseason-5.jpg

Syracuse

“It went real well. It was a great time with the coaching staff. They got the big win over North Carolina State. It was a shootout. The N.C. State quarterback is good. He’s going to be playing on Sunday. Syracuse is a ranked team, bowl eligible. Everything for them is looking good.

“Overall, it was nice spending time with the players and getting a vibe about the program. I definitely enjoyed it.

“I like the coaching staff and the family vibe you get. A lot of the kids aren’t from New York. Knowing they feel comfortable leaving their homes with this coaching staff and bonding with their teammates, and how excited they are about winning. Coach (Dino) Babers is special. He’s the first coach that I meant that you can tell all he cares about is his players. You can talk to him about everything. He’s honest with you and gives you honest feedback. My position coach would be Coach (Vinson) Reynolds. I enjoy him. He’s a great guy. He gets on me about school and football, which means a lot. He talks about academics and getting through school."

Considered an MSU lean, the 6-foot-6, 250-pound defensive end, ranked 16th in the state of Michigan by 247Sports Composite, said his decision could come down to the Spartans and the Orange, who made a good impression on his visit.

Here's the Detroit Free Press link - full story

Decision nears for Canton's Darius Robinson after Michigan State visit
Yeah kinda think he's a Mich st lean because it's a Michigan paper. I was hoping the announcement was coming the other night because I think if he made the call now, it'd be cuse. Just my feel.

Yeah kinda think he's a Mich st lean because it's a Michigan paper. I was hoping the announcement was coming the other night because I think if he made the call now, it'd be cuse. Just my feel.

The Detroit Free Press is usually pretty good and fairly neutral imo. As a paper I think they lean UMichigan. Anyhow, Robinson has always been considered a MSU lean, that's not DFP spin. It's incredibly hard to get these players out of the state.

The Detroit Free Press is usually pretty good and fairly neutral imo. As a paper I think they lean UMichigan. Anyhow, Robinson has always been considered a MSU lean, that's not DFP spin. It's incredibly hard to get these players out of the state.
I know... and it's not out of any inside info or anything. Just a feel for how this kid reacts to Babers. My gut says MSU is in there because it's what expected. Cuse is in there because it's what he wants to do. Certainly could be wrong.

If you take out that first sentence and just read the comments about the schools, sounds like a cuse lean. With that being said, kid has to be torn with an in-state school such as msu pursuing him hard. Imagine his head and gut tells him cuse, but part of his heart says stay home. Its a difficult position.

Yeah I recognize what 24-7 says but the view in Michigan has been a little different.

I haven’t been paying attention to what Mikey has been saying for a while. Or what they’re saying in Michigan.

So...is it a matter of qualifying?

I’d be surprised if it was. Don’t we have a policy against non qualifiers taking officials.

How can this comparison of visits not get your tail wagging?
Let us hope it ends Orange...

I’d be surprised if it was. Don’t we have a policy against non qualifiers taking officials.
I'm not sure there is a policy per se. I think there were a couple of commits last year that had work to do and weren't early signees. Let me also say I don't know what is going on with Darius...just questioning the possibilities.

Has he had a big fall and is holding out for OSU/Michigan?

“Syracuse is a ranked team, bowl eligible “. It is nice to finally hear those words again in the same breath with Syracuse and coming from a recruit. It has been to long. What a huge difference that is going to make for future recruiting again...this board is going to get really fun reading on new talent and schools trying to poach!! Good times ahead...good times...

“Syracuse is a ranked team, bowl eligible “. It is nice to finally hear those words again in the same breath with Syracuse and coming from a recruit. It has been to long. What a huge difference that is going to make for future recruiting again...this board is going to get really fun reading on new talent and schools trying to poach!! Good times ahead...good times...

Agreed--it used to be "faith without evidence, even though we could see the program getting better under this coaching staff.

Now, there's TANGIBLE evidence. And not just to the fanbase -- public perception has shifted. Need to sustain the momentum and keep grinding.

We literally could not have made a better hire than Dino Babers and this staff.

Agreed--it used to be "faith without evidence, even though we could see the program getting better under this coaching staff.

Now, there's TANGIBLE evidence. And not just to the fanbase -- public perception has shifted. Need to sustain the momentum and keep grinding.

We literally could not have made a better hire than Dino Babers and this staff.
As much as I hate to say it, Coyle made a great hire. In fact, he might have made a better hire for Syracuse than at Minnesota. Fleck hasnt been bad for Minny but they aren't lighting the world on fire...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom