Class of 2019 - DT Jason Munoz (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Jason Munoz (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say enough good things about Coach Babers, his Staff and the Recruiting Staff, in fact the entire Syracuse University Football Program. They have delivered on everything they said that they would. The only impediment was the time it takes to do it and even then, they are ahead of schedule. Syracuse University Football is on it's way back to relevancy and it is showing in the recruiting efforts and results of the staff. I have not been this excited about Syracuse University Football in decades. Keep it up gentlemen and Syracuse Football Fan Base, put the fannies in the seats and return the Loud House. Go Orange!!
Dino wasn't joking when he said that the latter half of the class was recruited on the basis of the 10-3 season. He's not selling a dream any more.

I don't know the full dynamics here, but getting an STA kid a few years after that Tennessee defection might suggest that HS coaches are going to vouchsafe the Cuse as a choice. Wasn't Dino HC when we had that late flip on the STA WR? Good to see he is persistent.

That's the tightest 276 body I think I've ever seen. No way that kid is 276.
There is a ton of info out there about Munoz. This article states he received his Miami offer after dominating a session at their summer camp and it also says he measured in at 6-3 279 at the camp.

Welcome to the U, Jason Muñoz
Tex, check out Phat's link. It looks like UM measured him at camp at 279 and offered him as a DT. Like you, it's the "swollest" 279 I've ever seen. Pants-tightening for sure.

Last edited:
Looks like he was good friends with Anthony Solomon, who was once verbaled to Miami but like so many6 offers, headed elsewhere with the mass changes to the coaching staff. Solomon ended up signing with Michigan.

So UM got Blissett was our territory and we got Munoz from their territory.

I like his film. Hard to believe he is 276 in those highlights. Moves well, very agile. Looks like there is plenty of room on his frame for growth. This is our best haul of DTs in one class in ages...

Recruiting Q&A: Meet Hurricanes commit Jason Muñoz

Miami picked up another NY interior lineman a couple days ago. Harrison-Hunte.

92B06F5D-71EC-4055-9DC0-7685BC43754F.png
I’m not sure who is more frightening, him or his father. I wouldn’t want either on my bad side that’s for sure.

Tex, check out Phat's link. It looks like UM measured him at camp at 279 and offered him as a DT. Like you, it's the "swollest" 279 I've ever seen. Pants-tightening for sure.

Some of the vids I’ve watched he looks heavier in a few. Maybe his weight fluctuates. Idk. He does look like he could be pushing 250 in the spring 18 Aquinas videos. Link above.

According to 24/7, his offers were from Miami, BC, Cincinnati, East Carolina, FAU, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Mizzou, and Pitt.
With that offer list, taking the Syracuse...i.e...the highest ranked team on his list was a no brainer. Not counting Kentucky, because they're going to be a flash in the pan!

JB needs to ask SG to do double duty.

He’s about 225 with an eyeball. Miami fans’ claim about this weight loss is bs. Look at his junior or sr film. No chance he’s ever been north of 250.

Looks better at 270+ than I do - that's for sure . All I can add is:

10uEX5kfeodYgo.gif

View attachment 151514I’m not sure who is more frightening, him or his father. I wouldn’t want either on my bad side that’s for sure.
Is that a full-sized football in his meat hooks, or is he just happy to see us?
Looks like a pee-wee football.

1. I can confirm CuseLegacy knew about this. She is truly a wizard.
2. This kid's tape is awesome. He's got a real nasty streak and plays mean. I'm impressed by his pad level too, usually that's something that needs to be taught but he explodes off the line and gets some good pop on the OL. He's going to be a monster under Edinger's S&C regiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.