Class of 2019 - DT Jason Munoz (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Jason Munoz (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this Rocco? Honest question. He hasn’t been at STA for like 3-4 years.

More tongue in cheek than anything. He's still heavily involved in recruiting down there.

I always had faith in Babers/staff regarding all positions but was always worried about DT. That said, doesn't it seem that that once Babers/staff got quality DT's this team would be able to compete for NC's? IMO, that position changes everything and you can do so many things on D with quality ones.

It's still going to take a lot of development work for us because our guys are starting so far behind weight wise. Clemson for example has 5 DL recruits for 2019. DT 290, DT 290, DE 263, DE 270, DE 265.

So, this was posted over at /r/cfb:

That's fine with us. Spin machine in full effect, they sent him a freaking LOI in December that he signed. Manny Diaz hasn't done sht as a head coach. It'll be a pleasure to see him crash and burn.

The picture in the lower left corner, miami fans on twitter were asking Muonz if that's his wrestling stance. ha, i laughed at that one.

It's still going to take a lot of development work for us because our guys are starting so far behind weight wise. Clemson for example has 5 DL recruits for 2019. DT 290, DT 290, DE 263, DE 270, DE 265.

I think this is a little overblown. McKinley Williams is 295 and was listed at 253 as a freshman and 292 as a sophomore. And Williams played as a true freshman. Black isn't quite as big but was

The majority of these guys, hopefully, will be afforded a redshirt year. Especially with the new 4 games played rule.

Williams, Black, Ruff & Harper should be fine, barring no injuries. Still would love a JUCO/Grad Transfer NT to stop the run. Maybe Harper can be that guy? Not sure.

An official visit was scheduled but kept under the radar. Munoz arrived on campus over the weekend. He had strong interest in the Orange based off of his interaction with coach Monroe. However, there was a specific moment during the visit that sealed the deal for Munoz.

"I was up there with four recruits," Munoz said. "A running back (Garrison Johnson), a quarterback (David Summers) and a DB (Dorian Hewett). At one point during our visit, they called all of the recruits into the auditorium and all of the players were in there. They gave us a warm welcome and clapping for us and stuff.

"After that, they had something called the players' panel, where the recruits and their parents are allowed to sit down with the players without the coaches being in the room and ask them questions. I just thought that was so cool that they let the kids be honest. They're not hiding anything. From that point on, I was like 'this is a real family.' It was just the vibe."

Munoz Details Moving on from Miami, Committing to Syracuse
I love that they do this.

I think this is a little overblown. McKinley Williams is 295 and was listed at 253 as a freshman and 292 as a sophomore. And Williams played as a true freshman. Black isn't quite as big but was

The majority of these guys, hopefully, will be afforded a redshirt year. Especially with the new 4 games played rule.

Williams, Black, Ruff & Harper should be fine, barring no injuries. Still would love a JUCO/Grad Transfer NT to stop the run. Maybe Harper can be that guy? Not sure.
I still believe Elmore would be a great DT, the player has a mean streak, which a DT needs.

The weight is irrelevant. We would be just as happy with him as a DE as we would if he can get to 290 and be a DT.

1548771453497.png

210? No way he's 210; more like 250-260. Miami dorks are butt-hurt. They need salve...

Agreed. If you look at his profile pic probably from the summer or even earlier on one of those recruiting sites, he definitely looks he's lost some of the pudginess from his face at least. But I would think that's a good thing. He's lost some bad weight and replaced it with good. Whether he can bulk up and play inside, we'll see but what the Miami fans are saying is pure crap. I think they're getting that 210 stuff from a line in his recruiting profile on 2 4 7 that's either a mistake or from way in the past...

"Jason Munoz is a 6-4, 211-pound Weak-Side Defensive End from Fort Lauderdale, FL."

The what does he weigh/how much can he weigh subplot is fascinating, but I mean, they saw the guy in person, so gotta figure it's not a concern.
Most of the time, it isn't. But, every once in a while, a coach will "guess" wrong. It happens. Trying to divinate a kid's weight 2-3 years into the future is a hard thing.

Agreed. If you look at his profile pic probably from the summer or even earlier on one of those recruiting sites, he definitely looks he's lost some of the pudginess from his face at least. But I would think that's a good thing. He's lost some bad weight and replaced it with good. Whether he can bulk up and play inside, we'll see but what the Miami fans are saying is pure crap. I think they're getting that 210 stuff from a line in his recruiting profile on 2 4 7 that's either a mistake or from way in the past...

"Jason Munoz is a 6-4, 211-pound Weak-Side Defensive End from Fort Lauderdale, FL."

Quite possible for Jason to start the season at 270ish and end it at 250ish, especially if he was a multi-sport athlete (overlapping basketball and football seasons). Steven always started the football season at 285ish. Then, once basketball started (overlapping w/ football), he'd lose a good 20 or so pounds.

Looking back on this tweet I wonder how much Casullo might have had a hand in this flip.

Damn he got old since the days I knew him in HS. Wonder why he got out of coaching?

Too bad Jason will be in the NFL next time we play Da Ewe again as I don't see them winning the Coastal anytime soon.

I was hoping Munoz would have the opportunity to inflict some karmic payback for blocking Gus.

Miami fans make it seem like this kid was some bum. Such a salty fan base. This kid has an excellent frame. One of those kids that will eventually be 290, but will carry it like he's a DE.

What a chance. It wasn't long ago we were flipping kids from MAC schools. Now we have scalps from Miami and Maryland in 2 days.

Miami fans is an oxymoron

Most of the time, it isn't. But, every once in a while, a coach will "guess" wrong. It happens. Trying to divinate a kid's weight 2-3 years into the future is a hard thing.
Oh, sure. I mean more the Miami rumor that the due only ways a little over 200 lbs right now.

these Miami freaks are claiming the kid has a medical issue and lost 60 lbs and was pushed out. if that is the case, why are these trashy on Twitter hammering the poor kid, and doing the same thing over on the Crystal Ball site? pathetic. I am sure the staff vetted any issues and if they are comfortable with it, so am I. Like i am going to take the word of a bunch of Luther Campbell wannabee washed up living in the past morons down in Miami.

Imo, there may be enough smoke to question if UM cuts ties with this kid...
I mean, even he admits he grew up in an area where the Hurricanes are revered; and, although there was a coaching change, he's a defensive recruit and his coordinator is now HC, so that kinda nullifies that somewhat. Plus honestly, by his name and appearance, he is latin, and Manny Diaz is as well. It's not like there are a ton of Hispanic head coaches in D1 to go play for...
Having said that, who cares? The kid is Orange(Good Orange), and will probably be a solid player in a serious position of need for us down the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.