Class of 2019 - DT Malachi Burby (CT) Verbal to Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Malachi Burby (CT) Verbal to Rutgers

Scarlet Nation first reported the players’ decisions to enter the transfer portal. The website also reported freshman defensive end Malachi Burby, who has played in two games this year, has entered the portal. That would bring the number of Rutgers players known to be in the portal to 11 dating back to former coach Chris Ash’s firing on Sept. 29.
I'd take all three plus Raheem Blackshear

Backup QB
TE Depth
DL Depth
Playmaker

The sad part is that could be ALOT of our recruits under HCDB. ALOT!!!!

Looking at objectively so far of the 16 players committed 3 don’t have another “Major” offer besides SU. Atkinson, and Labrosse who were both camp offers. And J Williams who is a punter and don’t typically get offers. That’s pretty good imo that everyone we got that wasn’t a camp offer had other Major offers

Barclay,Lemieux, Pena, Stefon Thompson, Ilaoha, all have 2 or less P5 offers. Of course 1 of those offers being Syracuse.

Barclay,Lemieux, Pena, Stefon Thompson, Ilaoha, all have 2 or less P5 offers. Of course 1 of those offers being Syracuse.
Moving the goalposts. They said only power 5 offer. And you said that would be many. There is only 3 in this class of 16 that fit the descriptions you and them were talking about

Moving the goalposts. They said only power 5 offer. And you said that would be many. There is only 3 in this class of 16 that fit the descriptions you and them were talking about
The goalpost are pathetically low when we are looking at 3 or fewer P5 offers. But lets look at HCDB recruits with Syracuse being the ONLY P5 offer. Of course these are AAC/MAC type recruits again with only 1 P5 team taking a flyer on them.

2020 3 of 16 recruits 18% -. Atkinson, Labosse, Williams

2019 5 of 20 recruits 25% - TE Benson, OT Red, OT Bergeron, LB Cantin, DE Goulbourne

2018 4 of 20 recruits 20% LB Allison, QB Amie, OT Froumy, WR Lutz

2017 9 of 28 recruits %32- OT Dakota Davis, DE Ellis, DT Ellmore, WR Cameron Jordan, LB Guthrie, RB Pierre, LB Richards, OT Patrick Davis, DT Grosvenor

So giving HCDB the benefit of the doubt not including 2016 we are looking at 21 recruits that no other P5 team even offered. Eye opening isn't it?

This is Burby thread and he had multiple P5 offers. So I will start a new thread expanding on this recruiting info.

The goalpost are pathetically low when we are looking at 3 or fewer P5 offers. But lets look at HCDB recruits with Syracuse being the ONLY P5 offer. Of course these are AAC/MAC type recruits again with only 1 P5 team taking a flyer on them.

2019 5 of 20 recruits 25% - TE Benson, OT Red, OT Bergeron, LB Cantin, DE Goulbourne

2017 9 of 28 recruits %32- OT Dakota Davis, DE Ellis, DT Ellmore, WR Cameron Jordan, LB Guthrie, RB Pierre, LB Richards, OT Patrick Davis, DT Grosvenor

So giving HCDB the benefit of the doubt not including 2016 we are looking at 21 recruits that no other P5 team even offered. Eye opening isn't it?

This is Burby thread and he had multiple P5 offers. So I will start a new thread expanding on this recruiting info.
You actually got at least 3 of them wrong:
Chance Amie: Iowa St, UNC, Rutgers, Virginia
Tre Alison: Mississippi St
Cam Jordan: Boston College, Wake Forest
And you really used Justin Ellis as an example who came in as a PWO?

You also look at 2 of of them in 2019 and one is our starting RT as a true freshman (Bergeron) and another has great wheels for a TE and multiple TD grabs (Benson). This is why camp offers matter to me even though sometimes the kid doesn’t have an eye popping offer sheet.

I really don't have a horse in this race and understand your bigger argument, but please get all the facts straight.

Would it be fair to say half of them are currently starters or on the 2-deep? and have made significant contributions.

Benson, Red, Bergeron, Davis, Elmore, Guthrie, Richards, PDavis, Jordan.

I appreciate the time you took on this. I agree with others that it doesn't tell a complete story.

One thing that would be helpful to know, and I am in no way saying you should do this is, is to understand how those percentages differ from those of programs at peer schools.

You actually got at least 3 of them wrong:
Chance Amie: Iowa St, UNC, Rutgers, Virginia
Tre Alison: Mississippi St
Cam Jordan: Boston College, Wake Forest
And you really used Justin Ellis as an example who came in as a PWO?

You also look at 2 of of them in 2019 and one is our starting RT as a true freshman (Bergeron) and another has great wheels for a TE and multiple TD grabs (Benson). This is why camp offers matter to me even though sometimes the kid doesn’t have an eye popping offer sheet.

I really don't have a horse in this race and understand your bigger argument, but please get all the facts straight.
James Pierre had offers from Miami (FL) and UNC. So 9 becomes 6 and 4 becomes 2. There are probably more than are wrong and it should be noted that it is likely a couple of our recruits who do not have formal offers from other P5 schools will get them by the end of the recruitiuing cycle.

There is no evidence our recruiting is going downhill. If anything, your analysis indicates things are improving over time.

I appreciate the time you took on this. I agree with others that it doesn't tell a complete story.

One thing that would be helpful to know, and I am in no way saying you should do this is, is to understand how those percentages differ from those of programs at peer schools.

Don’t appreciate it, he took the time so he could continue his bash everything SU football agenda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom