DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury

I'd love to have him for the Clemson game, but would not push him. Get him healthy so he's a serious contributor for the second two-thirds of the season.

I would expect more 3-3-5 for sure. Rotating black and ruff at DT. This absolutely changes things

I would only play him this season if he is 100%. If this is a serious injury save him for the last 4 games and RS him.
Between Grovs, Harper, Ruff, Black, Tuezama, and if needed Elmore we can get by.

Believe 4-game rule applies only to freshmen.

Negative. Both Abdul Adams and Trish Jackson used the 4 game rule to play in the Camping World Bowl.

Is that true?

Isn't there a technicality that participation in bowl games counts towards the next year?

Not saying you're wrong, OX, just asking -- I know that prior to the four-game allowance, some schools use kids who enroll early and redshirt [for example] in bowls, and it doesn't eradicate the redshirt.

Is that true?

Isn't there a technicality that participation in bowl games counts towards the next year?

Not saying you're wrong, OX, just asking -- I know that prior to the four-game allowance, some schools use kids who enroll early and redshirt [for example] in bowls, and it doesn't eradicate the redshirt.

They both played two years at their previous schools. They both played one game for us in 2018. They're both listed as Redshirt Juniors with two years of eligibility remaining.

It would have been pretty silly to lose both their Junior years just to play in one meaningless bowl game otherwise.

Syracuse, N.Y. — Two of Syracuse football’s most highly touted players are eligible to make their respective debuts in the Camping World Bowl.

Junior running back Abdul Adams and junior wide receiver Trishton Jackson, both offseason transfer additions and former four-star recruits, can suit up against West Virginia on Dec. 28 in Orlando, according to SU Athletics. Linebacker Zack Lesko, a redshirt sophomore walk-on who transferred back to the program, is also cleared.

The trio have fulfilled their year in residence as mandated by the NCAA for Division I transfers. SU’s fall 2018 semester ended on Friday.

Adams and Jackson would be able to play in the bowl game and retain their two remaining seasons of eligibility due to the NCAA’s four-game redshirt rule.

They both played two years at their previous schools. They both played one game for us in 2018. They're both listed as Redshirt Juniors with two years of eligibility remaining.

Understood -- but if they were played due to having eligibility in four games without blowing the redshirt, then why wouldn't we have played them in four games instead of just in the bowl?

I think the answer is that their post-season participation actually counts towards the upcoming season for some odd technicality of a reason, not the completed season.

Understood -- but if they were played due to having eligibility in four games without blowing the redshirt, then why wouldn't we have played them in four games instead of just in the bowl?

I think the answer is that their post-season participation actually counts towards the upcoming season for some odd technicality of a reason, not the completed season.

Read my edited post. They have to complete a "year in residency" after transferring before being eligible.

Their year in residency ended on Dec 14, 2018 when the Fall semester ended..

They both had to sit a season.

No.
Because they were transfers they were not eligible to play prior to December. Simply put the regular season was over prior to them becoming eligible.

the semester was over so the game is weird in that it falls in the following season for eligibility and the current season towards the 4 game rule.

Is that true?

Absolutely true. See Markenzy Pierre.

Apples-to-oranges example, but Harry Kane last year in the premier league rolled his ankle bad, was in a walking boot for a week or two, and was back playing within 5 weeks. It's a precaution that helps with healing. I would think a sprain is far more likely than broken bones.

I sprained my foot and broke a small bone 3 weeks ago. Been taking extra precautions with it. Still swells up at night. I’m thinking 6 weeks till I’m back to normal. Not a fine tuned athlete. But Clemson target may be doable depending on severity

I sprained my foot and broke a small bone 3 weeks ago. Been taking extra precautions with it. Still swells up at night. I’m thinking 6 weeks till I’m back to normal. Not a fine tuned athlete. But Clemson target may be doable depending on severity
I have a hang nail and occasional constipation. My hip hurts while sleeping so I'll try different positions and more stretching. I'll use clippers and Mira-lax hope to be back to normal in 2-3 weeks. Wish me luck.

I’ll be surprised if they move Elmore at this point. More likely to move a DE to DT. We’ll see.
Why not? He's got to be up to around 350 given his weight progression up to this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom