DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury

I work in sales selling CAM boots on a daily basis. It absolutely could be a sprain and put in a walking boot. However, having been given a scooter so he is non-weight bearing typically points to a fracture, unfortunately.

Look, if you're going to "bnoro" us with insights and facts that strip us of any possible optimism, just don't. Our orange tinted glasses are complemented by blinders and selective hearing, so we'll have none of this!

Just kidding. And unfortunately, I have to agree with your assessment, but it could just be an overabundance of precaution, too. Personally, I hope we're both wrong.

Apples-to-oranges example, but Harry Kane last year in the premier league rolled his ankle bad, was in a walking boot for a week or two, and was back playing within 5 weeks. It's a precaution that helps with healing. I would think a sprain is far more likely than broken bones.
But was he using a scooter? Boots are used for all kinds of injuries but scooter typically specifically for when can’t be weight bearing. Ankle sprains no matter how bad usually can still be weight bearing so no need for a scooter. From my experience this is why I’d lean towards some kind of fracture.

But was he using a scooter? Boots are used for all kinds of injuries but scooter typically specifically for when can’t be weight bearing. Ankle sprains no matter how bad usually can still be weight bearing so no need for a scooter. From my experience this is why I’d lean towards some kind of fracture.
Maybe Achilles? I've seen the boot n scoot for those.

Correct they do...but pretty sure they’d just come out and say his season was over if that was the case.
Or, they could be waiting to make that announcement on Liberty game day. SU is usually very coy when it comes to injuries.

Look, if you're going to "bnoro" us with insights and facts that strip us of any possible optimism, just don't. Our orange tinted glasses are complemented by blinders and selective hearing, so we'll have none of this!

Just kidding. And unfortunately, I have to agree with your assessment, but it could just be an overabundance of precaution, too. Personally, I hope we're both wrong.

So Doc, since you have as much information as the rest of us, what is your diagnosis? Combine accident amputee? A bad case of the Gout? Gingivitis?

So Doc, since you have as much information as the rest of us, what is your diagnosis? Combine accident amputee? A bad case of the Gout? Gingivitis?
As a fellow sufferer from the gout, it would be legitimately hilarious if the gout got McKinley.

I think the boot and wheelie thing is a little excessive, but people gotta power through it their own way I guess.

As a fellow sufferer from the gout, it would be legitimately hilarious if the gout got McKinley.

I think the boot and wheelie thing is a little excessive, but people gotta power through it their own way I guess.

I’ve had flair ups where the scooter would’ve totally been warranted.

entery

He died of dysentery.

It's only a flesh wound.

He got better.

First, a question: What is a "good" case of gout?
As far as his injury, let's go with elephantitis. The boot is for compression. The scooter is for...well...you've seen Breakfast Club, right?

I had a pretty bad ankle sprain a few years back. It was months before I felt better. I was told by my Dr. that a bad sprain can actually take longer to recover from than a broken ankle. Don't know if that's true or not, but it was at least 6 months before my ankle felt back to normal. Granted, I didn't have a team of Dr's and tainers overseeing my rehab, but I was shocked how long it took for a sprain.

I had a pretty bad ankle sprain a few years back. It was months before I felt better. I was told by my Dr. that a bad sprain can actually take longer to recover from than a broken ankle. Don't know if that's true or not, but it was at least 6 months before my ankle felt back to normal. Granted, I didn't have a team of Dr's and tainers overseeing my rehab, but I was shocked how long it took for a sprain.
It's true. With a sprain, it depends on the level of damage to the ligament(s). Ligaments have a poor blood supply and heal slowly and don't necessarily heal completely. Bones have an excellent blood supply and heel better than just about any other tissue in the body, assuming there are no complications.

The one way a sprain can have an advantage is if it is in a low stress area and/or the damage isn't bad. Then a guy may be able to play through it. Although, you occasionally see guys play with upper extremity fractures as long as they can be stabilized enough to prevent slowing down the healing process and the player can tolerate the pain.

I don't remember the injury Freeney had when he played his sophomore year with a cast on his arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom