DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury

A Good old fashioned Colon Blow?

Tried it. That stuff is brutal. Especially if you can’t walk to begin with!
Yep, super toxic. Can kill you if.u take too much.

It's true. With a sprain, it depends on the level of damage to the ligament(s). Ligaments have a poor blood supply and heal slowly and don't necessarily heal completely. Bones have an excellent blood supply and heel better than just about any other tissue in the body, assuming there are no complications.

The one way a sprain can have an advantage is if it is in a low stress area and/or the damage isn't bad. Then a guy may be able to play through it. Although, you occasionally see guys play with upper extremity fractures as long as they can be stabilized enough to prevent slowing down the healing process and the player can tolerate the pain.

I don't remember the injury Freeney had when he played his sophomore year with a cast on his arm.
I beleive he cut a tendon or tendons in his hand from glass.

So if it is a fracture or a break how long is the typical recovery period? Im guessing if its a fracture, depending on the extent, it would be a quicker recovery period vs a full break?

So if it is a fracture or a break how long is the typical recovery period? Im guessing if its a fracture, depending on the extent, it would be a quicker recovery period vs a full break?
Fracture and break are the same thing. Typical bone healing is 6ish weeks.

So there is an article out there where dino babers says its a break and gives a 4-6 week timeframe.

So there is an article out there where dino babers says its a break and gives a 4-6 week timeframe.
I pretty sure that article is talking about the walk-on Conners
Redshirt junior tight end Jesse Conners broke a bone and is expected to be out 4-6 weeks, Babers said. That timeline sets him up to return at some point during the beginning of September, when SU plays at Maryland on Sept. 7 or hosts Clemson the following week

I pretty sure that article is talking about the walk-on Conners
Redshirt junior tight end Jesse Conners broke a bone and is expected to be out 4-6 weeks, Babers said. That timeline sets him up to return at some point during the beginning of September, when SU plays at Maryland on Sept. 7 or hosts Clemson the following week

No, its different. You can find the link in the tweet below. Its not premium.

I suppose he could be talking about conners in the prior paragraph but the article quotes dino as specifically giving mckinley a 4-6 week timeline.

I suppose he could be talking about conners in the prior paragraph but the article quotes dino as specifically giving mckinley a 4-6 week timeline.
Ah okay didn't see this article, thanks!

Not what I wanted to read about the kicker...
No? I took it that there's always stuff to work on regardless of how good you were before. Did you see it differently?

That's good news...

Not what I wanted to read about the kicker...

I have a feeling Dino is just trying to send a message to keep him grounded. Whole lot of praise was heaped on an 18 year old. Obviously it can go to your head if you're not careful. With that said I am a little worried we will see a drop off. It would only be natural and he did miss a couple at the end of last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom