DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

DT McKinley Williams out indefinitely with lower-body injury

I'm actually asking to have him for Maryland. Their RB is a stud.
Just looking at a calendar I think Clemson is unrealistic (in a hard cast now). Just have him full go by NC St. Anything sooner is gravy to me.

I think October 1 would be great on McKinley, always seems like it takes a couple more weeks than anticipated, either way great news he's not out for the year

Just looking at a calendar I think Clemson is unrealistic (in a hard cast now). Just have him full go by NC St. Anything sooner is gravy to me.

Tend to agree. It isn't ideal timing wise for Clemson, but probably good news long term. Perhaps the best we could have expected, given how things looked last week.

I think October 1 would be great on McKinley, always seems like it takes a couple more weeks than anticipated, either way great news he's not out for the year

Agreed -- luckily, these kids have access to therapy / trainers that normal people don't have. October 1 seems realistic.

I'm starting to think the dreaded high ankle sprain. Dino said he would be back between weeks 2 & 3. No way a broken bone heels that quickly.

I'm starting to think the dreaded high ankle sprain. Dino said he would be back between weeks 2 & 3. No way a broken bone heels that quickly.
I have played and been around athletics all my life, I personally have never seen a cast used unless a bone has been broken. I absolutely can be wrong. But, I think this was a broken foot.

I have played and been around athletics all my life, I personally have never seen a cast used unless a bone has been broken. I absolutely can be wrong. But, I think this was a broken foot.

If you google treatment for high ankle sprain, you will find that a cast is an option. They may even use screws to aid the recovery.

If you google treatment for high ankle sprain, you will find that a cast is an option. They may even use screws to aid the recovery.
Touché ! I personally have never seen it is all! Thanks

It's a broken bone if they're saying he's likely available week 2-3... they wouldn't say that with definition if it was a sprain. At least in my non-expert opinion. Also, they wouldn't have a hard cast on it if it was a sprain.

It's a broken bone if they're saying he's likely available week 2-3... they wouldn't say that with definition if it was a sprain. At least in my non-expert opinion. Also, they wouldn't have a hard cast on it if it was a sprain.

They certainly might use a cast. I invite you to google treatments for high ankle sprain.

how athletes treat stuff and normal people is vastly different.. most of us go the slow safe route to treatment cause its cheaper.. if you have access to rehab/trainers and money things get done differently.

To me, I'm far less concerned about what the injury is than I am with how long it would keep him out, how long he'd be impaired by it when he DOES return, etc.

I recognize that those things are semi-related to what the injury is. But the only thing that matters to me is he's slated to return for week 2 or 3. Not ideal for Clemson, but probably the best we could have hoped for long-term for the rest of the season.

If he's back in week 2 or 3, I think that works out to be close to the 6 weeks you need for a bone to heal when you consider how early in camp the injury occurred.

It’s a bone

Steve.jpg

It’s a broken bone. 4-6 weeks is the recovery time and he’s already been out 3. He wouldn’t be on a scooter with cast if ankle sprain/strain. My medical training and contacts trump a google search

It’s a broken bone. 4-6 weeks is the recovery time and he’s already been out 3. He wouldn’t be on a scooter with cast if ankle sprain/strain. My medical training and contacts trump a google search

He’s been out 2 weeks today.

He’s been out 2 weeks today.
Correct, I guess I should have been more specific. Meant at start of season he would have already been out 3 weeks (actually almost 4)...Babers said 2-3 games which would put him at 5-6 weeks from original injury. He technically should be healed up by Clemson...but conditioning etc are another thing so could go a number of directions here.

And if that is the case, does the staff want to risk bringing him back too early? We'll see...but at least there is a chance he might be ready for spot duty for Clemson.

To me, I'm far less concerned about what the injury is than I am with how long it would keep him out, how long he'd be impaired by it when he DOES return, etc.

I recognize that those things are semi-related to what the injury is. But the only thing that matters to me is he's slated to return for week 2 or 3. Not ideal for Clemson, but probably the best we could have hoped for long-term for the rest of the season.
The good news is...that he has a redshirt available if needed. No reason to rush him back. Do what is best for the player.

The good news is...that he has a redshirt available if needed. No reason to rush him back. Do what is best for the player.
100% agree with this. Goal should be players health first. If it's in time for a certain game great, if not then oh well...life goes on and you hope another player steps up. If this guy is taking over for Slayton and tasked with taking on two blockers most plays, the last thing you do is put him out there with a bad wheel. He won't be able to play with any leverage whatsoever.

So the 4-man DT rotation is Ruff/Black/Harper/Grosvenor. Maybe Tuazama can play a bit in the first two games without burning a redshirt? I know he's light for DT spot but his name is popping up more and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom