Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Y'all, don't worry. Although nothing in this world is ever guaranteed (except conception, death, and the offer of Salvation), I'm fairly certain that he'll be up there this summer.
You forgot "...and that Georgetown still sucks" as the other guarantee, but that's understandable for someone still becoming a part of the Orange nation.

First of all, it speaks volumes to Steven's character and ability that a school such as Florida is making contact this late in the process. You should be proud bcubs9497 , because Steven's earned the attention he's getting.

Secondly, I realize Florida may not have been as strong recently as historically, but, it's still Florida. One of the major "name" programs out there. I love when schools like this come after young men that we've made a priority, it shows the quality work that our staff is doing.

Third, in order to ever get where everyone on this board feels we should be back to, you need to win these battles, period.

Finally, I have a good feeling that the coaches and staff have done a tremendous job in communicating the various positives associated with attending Syracuse University. If that's the best place for Steven, then that's tremendous. I hope that it is.

Y'all, don't worry. Although nothing in this world is ever guaranteed (except conception, death, and the offer of Salvation), I'm fairly certain that he'll be up there this summer.
Let's not forget taxes

First of all, it speaks volumes to Steven's character and ability that a school such as Florida is making contact this late in the process. You should be proud bcubs9497 , because Steven's earned the attention he's getting.

Secondly, I realize Florida may not have been as strong recently as historically, but, it's still Florida. One of the major "name" programs out there. I love when schools like this come after young men that we've made a priority, it shows the quality work that our staff is doing.

Third, in order to ever get where everyone on this board feels we should be back to, you need to win these battles, period.

Finally, I have a good feeling that the coaches and staff have done a tremendous job in communicating the various positives associated with attending Syracuse University. If that's the best place for Steven, then that's tremendous. I hope that it is.

Perfectly said. I don't think any fan with a right mind should get mad at him for visiting a school like Florida, and weighing his options. But like you said these are the battles we have to win if we want to get to where we feel we belong as a program.

Let's not forget taxes
images

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 2h2 hours ago
Just heard from SU DT commit Steven Clark. Florida has asked him to OV the weekend of 1/23, but he's not sure if he'll go. No offer yet.

cubs, did the new coach ask him to OV or one of the assistants?

I'm not sure. He's been at basketball practice, then church with his girlfriend. I won't be able to talk to him until tomorrow.

I like the fact that Florida is interested.All signs point to this kid being a great find for the Cuse….and this just confirms it. I hope he stays in the fold…and I look for him to be on the field after a redshirt season…

One other point to consider is the average NFL salary for top players in the league for DT compared to guard. In 2013, per businessinsider.com, the top ten DTs for which Cuse is recruiting him for made approximately 1-1.5 million per year more than OGs.

That is significant when you consider the length of the average NFL career.

SUOrange44

I still say his video was the most impressive I've seen from a Syracuse DT commit in recent memory...Harold Brantley is the only one that comes to mind that rivaled it.

I just watched Brantley's Hudl footage. Hard to believe Rivals rated him a 2 star, and 247 rated him a low 3 star.

Also, having seen Khairi Clark, now with Florida, compete in person, as well as watching his Hudl highlights, I think Brantley is a much better player. I'd even go so far as to say that Brantley's better than Montravious Adams of Auburn.

I just watched Brantley's Hudl footage. Hard to believe Rivals rated him a 2 star, and 247 rated him a low 3 star.

Also, having seen Khairi Clark, now with Florida, compete in person, as well as watching his Hudl highlights, I think Brantley is a much better player. I'd even go so far as to say that Brantley's better than Montravious Adams of Auburn.
Hadn't been that excited about a recruit in a while when he committed. Probably the biggest loss after Marrone and friends left.

Brantley had been committed to Syracuse. Took a late visit to Missouri and flipped on us.

We lost a few very good players when Marrone left. Brantley and Gus Edwards hurt to lose as far as verbals and Laray Smith and potentially EO as far as kids who were ready to commit. Hopefully we won't lose Steven, that would hurt, especially after getting to know bcubs and family so well.

BTW, did a little research last night on Florida's current OL commits. Two are slow as hell. The ONLY thing they have in their favor is that they're big.

Tyler Jordan, however, is pretty good. Much better than the other two. From what I can tell, Jordan will be playing center for them. To me, that doesn't make any sense.

He will have a chance to be coached by three guys who will prepare him extremely well for the next level. Bromley is the latest to earn big bucks as result of Shafer and crew. Our D coaches are better than anything that florida has to offer and Steven has a chance to make the league on D not on O. Yes it is selfish but i believe that SU is the best home for him. Hope he sticks

BTW, did a little research last night on Florida's current OL commits. Two are slow as hell. The ONLY thing they have in their favor is that they're big.

Tyler Jordan, however, is pretty good. Much better than the other two. From what I can tell, Jordan will be playing center for them. To me, that doesn't make any sense.
He wants to play D on the next level correct? Or is he open to be an o-lineman