Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

B7RMLf9IgAEzH0r.jpg:large

Keeping up with the Jonses.

He will have a chance to be coached by three guys who will prepare him extremely well for the next level. Bromley is the latest to earn big bucks as result of Shafer and crew. Our D coaches are better than anything that florida has to offer and Steven has a chance to make the league on D not on O. Yes it is selfish but i believe that SU is the best home for him. Hope he sticks

I agree.

Besides, his heart is set on DL. I'm pretty sure that Florida would have to commit some sort of major recruiting violation to convince him to play OL there.

BTW, did a little research last night on Florida's current OL commits. Two are slow as hell. The ONLY thing they have in their favor is that they're big.

Tyler Jordan, however, is pretty good. Much better than the other two. From what I can tell, Jordan will be playing center for them. To me, that doesn't make any sense.

So Steven's OV would be to flip Tyler to Cuse? ;) I mean, I'd be ok with that.

I just watched Brantley's Hudl footage. Hard to believe Rivals rated him a 2 star, and 247 rated him a low 3 star.

Also, having seen Khairi Clark, now with Florida, compete in person, as well as watching his Hudl highlights, I think Brantley is a much better player. I'd even go so far as to say that Brantley's better than Montravious Adams of Auburn.

Sometimes the services miss the bus big time on prospects. It's tough for them to cover everyone but in Brantley's case, he was a PA kid with a PSU offer early that committed here. Usually guys like that don't fall under the radar. And my sinking suspicion is had he committed to PSU, he wouldn't have.

One other point to consider is the average NFL salary for top players in the league for DT compared to guard. In 2013, per businessinsider.com, the top ten DTs for which Cuse is recruiting him for made approximately 1-1.5 million per year more than OGs.

That is significant when you consider the length of the average NFL career.

SUOrange44
While that's nice to think about, but you gotta make the league before you can worry about the money.

Definitely wants to play DL.

That's good, because his hudl video popped more then any other DT I have seen us recruit in a while. I believe my first comment in this thread was saying something similar, and was amazed that he didn't have any other big time offers. UF is UF, but UF isn't the UF of a few years ago. imo his skill set would be wasted on the OL at UF. Plus at Cuse he would have imo the very best of our assistants to coach him up. Daoust has a proven track record of developing kids into future pro's. 2 of them just signed some huge contracts as well;).

OK I rest my case.:D

Not sure if you're aware Cubs, but #16, Gerhard Schwedes on that SU team, is also the father of a very prolific receiver at SU, Scott Schwedes. I believe Scott still has SU's single game mark for yards receiving in a game. He was an outstanding punt returner who caught a few TD passes from Dan Marino as well in his 4 year NFL career. John Brown, he roomed with Ernie and went on to play for Cleveland had a son, Ernie Davis Brown, who played for SU as a defensive lineman, I believe.

VaSaltine said:
I get your point but I like to think its long overdue deserved based on his on-field play.

It is. But sometimes that SEC offer is a spotlight.

Of course he did. That is what an official visit to Florida gets a recruit. I mean come on...there could theoretically be a possibility of a 2 star commiting to Florida. They can't have that.
DING DING DING.

Sadly their ratings aren't based on talent otherwise he would have been higher when they evaluated his tape.