Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

This thread and seeing some of the parents on this board made me want to write a little bit about keeping perspective when it comes to high school recruiting. So, thanks bcubs9497! Your son was in a way an inspiration to write! Ha. http://.com/recruiting-season-reveals-more-about-us-than-recruits/
Good article! I especially liked the part about you being afraid to read stuff people will write about your son. I have said any times when he starts playing I won't be visiting this site much lol.

Good article! I especially liked the part about you being afraid to read stuff people will write about your son. I have said any times when he starts playing I won't be visiting this site much lol.
Honestly, it's probably for the best. If things are going well, you'll love it. If things aren't going as well as we hope (which honestly, I'm not expecting), it could get ugly. We've had some parents and family members leave the board by choice (former WR Alec Lemon's dad, for instance - Alec was a terrific receiver, but he still chose not to visit the board during the season to keep his sanity) and because of the vitriol after poor performances (the grandmother of former SU QB Perry Patterson, for example...though she didn't do herself many favors by picking fights with people who said anything but glowing things about her grandson).

Thankful to have you both and Kelly029x posting throughout this process. Really gives insight on the abilities of the staff and process in which these relationships are developed.

At the beginning of last year when the board lost Orangeyes, there were some comments about not reaching out to simply say thank you to those that make this board enjoyable. Just want to make sure that you all feel welcome here at any time.

Thanks Again.

This thread and seeing some of the parents on this board made me want to write a little bit about keeping perspective when it comes to high school recruiting. So, thanks bcubs9497! Your son was in a way an inspiration to write! Ha. http://.com/recruiting-season-reveals-more-about-us-than-recruits/

Excellent article. Should be required reading by everyone on this site.
Oh and of course I will remind you of this article if you start to "misbehave". ;)

Excellent article. Should be required reading by everyone on this site.
Oh and of course I will remind you of this article if you start to "misbehave". ;)
Thanks! And by all means, feel free to twist arms and get people reading it! ;)

In all seriousness, I'm obviously still passionate about Syracuse athletics, but I can pinpoint the moment when I really started to understand why perspective is important...because my wife took a picture of it! (This was after a Syracuse hoops loss, and my son toddled over and gave me a hug):

Attachments

• jeffconor.jpg
    jeffconor.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 148
More news to report; we're not even going to bother with the official visit this weekend. Steven's deep into Syracuse.

I think Steven just gained a ton of respect. It's so easy getting blinded by the bright lights. We have seen it happen time and time again. Great recruiting job by the staff on this one, that's for sure.

That article should be a must read for all fans, it points out many things that people should realize before they post.

Thanks! And by all means, feel free to twist arms and get people reading it! ;)

In all seriousness, I'm obviously still passionate about Syracuse athletics, but I can pinpoint the moment when I really started to understand why perspective is important...because my wife took a picture of it! (This was after a Syracuse hoops loss, and my son toddled over and gave me a hug):

That picture is FANTASTIC!!! Certainly great to be reminded of how lucky we are even when things aren't going well.

OMG! Florida won't leave us alone!

I've had 6 calls in the last 18 hours. Steven's had the same, even after telling them thanks, but no thanks.

Man, cannot wait till NSD.

Do they want Steven at DT or OL?

Just read it. Our situation, I think, best falls under item 12.

I'll just ignore any call with a Florida area code, and let voice mail deal with it. Although it's annoying as hell, I don't want to get anyone into trouble. After all, this will be over and done with in less than 2 weeks.
Wow, you would think that a clear "no thank you" would be enough to these coaches.

Just read it. Our situation, I think, best falls under item 12.

I'll just ignore any call with a Florida area code, and let voice mail deal with it. Although it's annoying as hell, I don't want to get anyone into trouble. After all, this will be over and done with in less than 2 weeks.
Better yet answer the phone and tell them he has changed his mind he will be there for the offical tomorrow and he will flip... Then don't show... They probably won't call after that

They could be desperate, Steven could be that good, or both.

You would think that there'd be an unending line of OL recruits that they'd be able to glom onto. After all, they're "SEC"...
Maybe that is what they can't fathom, the fact that Steven wants to go to SU over an SEC program like Florida. Obviously they value him a great deal, as they should, but I wonder how often hounding a kid day and night has worked in flipping a kid that has been very clear that his mind is made up.