Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

bcubs9497,

Please let your son know that as SU fans, we are happy that he received the validation that an offer from Florida provides. Everyone wants to be recognized for their hard work, and that is what this shows. No matter what he does, we know he deserves that recognition.

Obviously we feel that SU offers advantages to kids that other schools don't offer, and feel that it will best prepare him to succeed in life, whether that be football or any other activity of his choosing. He is so lucky to be able to continue to do the things he loves on another level.

So...are we gonna hear today whether we're lucky enough to have Steven sticking with SU 100% and ditching the Florida visit? ;)

Well, I guess the news is out. The only thing I really want to say about it is that some, especially on the Syracuse Football board, really don't know how important Coach Daoust and Coach Shafer are to Syracuse football. They've done an outstanding job of going after those players who are "under the radar". Then keeping them.

Well, I guess the news is out. The only thing I really want to say about it is that some, especially on the Syracuse Football board, really don't know how important Coach Daoust and Coach Shafer are to Syracuse football. They've done an outstanding job of going after those players who are "under the radar". Then keeping them.
Tremendous guys, with personality and character for days.

I approve this message COMPLETELY!!! And Coach Acosta!! Love the coaching staff. The sports writer who just wrote an article on Trey said he called SU and left a message for Acosta to call him back. And within hours Coach Shafer called! The sports writer said he NEVER called for an assistant coach and had a HEAD coach call back. They have CHARACTER!

Can't wait for signing day!! :)

I approve this message COMPLETELY!!! And Coach Acosta!! Love the coaching staff. The sports writer who just wrote an article on Trey said he called SU and left a message for Acosta to call him back. And within hours Coach Shafer called! The sports writer said he NEVER called for an assistant coach and had a HEAD coach call back. They have CHARACTER!

Wonder If Steven reacted to Florida like Trey did to USC, Texas, etc? aka "Where have you guys been? No, I'm not interested now that someone else turned you down. Yes sir, already love Syracuse as a school and the coaches. Thanks for the call"

They do, and so do our players.

I was so proud when Steven essentially said thanks, but no thanks. Coach Daoust and Coach Shafer are truly good people; I trust Steven with them completely.

bcubs9497 said:
More news to report; we're not even going to bother with the official visit this weekend. Steven's deep into Syracuse.

image-2432998126.jpg

Bcubs, does Steven have a nickname he likes being called? We are very excited about your son and this years recruits.

When he was a wee one, the kids at school used to call him "Shrek" because he was really big yet had tiny ears. At first, he was really upset with that; after a while, not so much. He still doesn't really like it.

I don't think he has a nickname now. Everyone just calls him "Steven".

When he was a wee one, the kids at school used to call him "Shrek" because he was really big yet had tiny ears. At first, he was really upset with that; after a while, not so much. He still doesn't really like it.

I don't think he has a nickname now. Everyone just calls him "Steven".

Honestly, as Liverpool fan I would never approve of your son sharing a nickname with Wayne Rooney

They do, and so do our players.

I was so proud when Steven essentially said thanks, but no thanks. Coach Daoust and Coach Shafer are truly good people; I trust Steven with them completely.

It is so nice to see you, Kelly, and the mothers of both Ellison and Duerig speak so well of the coaching staff. It speaks volumes to me.

Steven and his family are the types that you can truly build a program with. HCSS and his coaches will do everything to make Steven the best he can be on and off the field. Im not surprised at all that they are sticking with SU as i truly believe it is the best for their son.

This thread and seeing some of the parents on this board made me want to write a little bit about keeping perspective when it comes to high school recruiting. So, thanks bcubs9497! Your son was in a way an inspiration to write! Ha. http://.com/recruiting-season-reveals-more-about-us-than-recruits/