Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Just read it. Our situation, I think, best falls under item 12.

I'll just ignore any call with a Florida area code, and let voice mail deal with it. Although it's annoying as hell, I don't want to get anyone into trouble. After all, this will be over and done with in less than 2 weeks.

Was joking of course. I think it's great Steven is finally getting some of the recognition he deserves. As annoying as it must be, it is certainly a form of complement at the same time.

Imperials going dark today folks.

Perfect example of text between UF and Steven
2d6f94872746e06df125af98cff2d5de_650x.jpg

My wonder is if we do this to other kids who tell us thanks but no thanks, and are committed to other schools?

Seems pretty ridiculous.

Was joking of course. I think it's great Steven is finally getting some of the recognition he deserves. As annoying as it must be, it is certainly a form of complement at the same time.

I do, too.

But, I think people get caught up in the whole SEC thing in a bad way. We shouldn't think of a recruit as being good or bad based on the number of SEC offers he has, or think that our team sucks because we're not getting the love in the rankings the way an SEC team might. There's a metric crap-load of bias out there in the press that is favorable to the SEC. Sometimes, it's deserved. Other times, like this year, it's absolute bravo sierra.

Did you ask them whats going on with the Center and teo guards they already have as commits?

Yep.

They're really short on OL. I think they have a total 0f 6-7 returning OL. I remember being told that the OL currently on the roster don't have more than 15 live game snaps under their belts. Not sure if he meant 15 snaps total, or each having less than 15 snaps. Anyways, they want close to 15 OL on the roster.

To me, these 11th-hour offers from schools like UF remind me of a girl who already has a date to the prom, getting a last-minute offer from some jock who thinks he's so hot she'll dump the other guy, even though he has barely spoken to her before, and after he was turned down by everyone else he asked.

There's nothing wrong with being on some team's B or C-list, but a man has to have some pride.

Maybe that is what they can't fathom, the fact that Steven wants to go to SU over an SEC program like Florida. Obviously they value him a great deal, as they should, but I wonder how often hounding a kid day and night has worked in flipping a kid that has been very clear that his mind is made up.
Syracuse University need not make any excuse for its excellence on and off the football field to anyone, especially off the field from an academic plane. When we focus on that as we already are in fact many more recruits such as this young man will come. Watch, the hope is to keep core staff in place.

They could be desperate, Steven could be that good, or both.

You would think that there'd be an unending line of OL recruits that they'd be able to glom onto. After all, they're "SEC"...

Believe it or not they have had several decommits at OL and are in bad need to fill that position. No matter that really is very unprofessional of that staff to keep calling you.

OMG! Florida won't leave us alone!

I've had 6 calls in the last 18 hours. Steven's had the same, even after telling them thanks, but no thanks.

Man, cannot wait till NSD.

Thank you for the commitment to Syracuse!

Now for one favor, please have Scoout, Rivvals, ESPN and 247 all write an article with the headline, "Syracuse beats Florida in battle for top-notch recruit".

:)

For those keeping 'offer' score at home the Florida rvls site is reporting that Florida offered Steven yesterday.

You've got to love their spicy headline, all about hits:

"Clark talking with other schools?"

Last edited:
John Garcia just tweeted that Clark is headed to Florida today for an official visit.

John Garcia just tweeted that Clark is headed to Florida today for an official visit.

This has not been a good week for SU football recruiting to say the least. Let's hope Steven stays with us!

"Yea, we'll obviously take a long look at you on D. Just come give us a visit".

Kids change their minds. All the time. Personally, I'd take every OV that was offered to me.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 1m1 minute ago
Clark added that he does not want to play offensive line, which the Gators are recruiting him for. Made decision to go with family, coaches.

I agree. If he wants to take this OV he should...and then promptly tell those FL coaches thanks but no thanks. ;)

Post of the day! I agree, and like illi3 said, I would take every OV too. free trip, you get catered to all weekend etc etc. Let's hope he stays with us, we have grown close to him and his family which makes it that much better if he stays(and that much harder if he doesn't)