Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Your son would have done well at any school because of how he has been raised and the love and support you show him. I know that HCSS and this staff will make sure that Steven is well cared for as his priorities are in building young men first with football a bi product of that. Im thrilled that Steven is coming to Syracuse and i wish him nothing but the best. He couldnt be in better hands.

That pretty much says it all about our staff and the family atmosphere they create. I would put our guys against any staff in nation on ability to connect. Once we get ranked again other programs better LOOK OUT because we'll be unstoppable

Agree 100%. Now, they really have to correct the offensive issues--because that is going to be the determinant of how long this staff stays here, versus how quickly they'll be replaced.

Questions for bcubs to answer tomorrow:

1) Does Steven read this forum?

2) Schedule came out today, do you plan on hitting up any of the tailgates or any of the road games?

Just got home from work and read the news! Deffianatly cracking open the craft brew to celebrate! No we may not have the biggest stadium and no gentleman we don't have the biggest weight room, but damnit I go to YouTube and watch a game from the 80's and 90's and it brings a tear to my eye seeing how bonkers the place is!!! There's one thing that none of these teams have and that's the DOME! It really is a special place and the first step into packing it again is having fine young men like Steven joining the cause. We break attendance records regularly for basketball but that's because boeheim has been consistent. Trust me when Shafer and co get this offense figured out watch it ! Looking at the new schedule I see a bunch off acc teams that are ganna change the college football world its just the beginning !!!!

Questions for bcubs to answer tomorrow:

1) Does Steven read this forum?

2) Schedule came out today, do you plan on hitting up any of the tailgates or any of the road games?

1) No, he doesn't read this forum. He's normally way too busy with football, basketball, power lifting, homework, a part time job at "The Pig", and his girl friend. I do let him know about things, though.

2) The plan is to hit up one home game, and several away games. Most of the ACC is much closer to us. We're about an 8 hour drive from almost every other ACC school. Except 'Cuse. That's a 15-17 hour drive.

Wait, what happened? He committed? My internet has been down since right before he announced. I've been holding my pee. I can pee?
Nah, we're still waiting for word so you'd better hold your pee a bit longer. Decision might come at any second now. :confused:

Great choice Steve, your goin to be great. Keep hitting weights hard. Su is a huge hang clean team so get practicing. They do it after their squats so it makes u work harder. So much different in a competitive lifting atmosphere. You will love their program. Good luck bud.

1) No, he doesn't read this forum. He's normally way too busy with football, basketball, power lifting, homework, a part time job at "The Pig", and his girl friend. I do let him know about things, though.

2) The plan is to hit up one home game, and several away games. Most of the ACC is much closer to us. We're about an 8 hour drive from almost every other ACC school. Except 'Cuse. That's a 15-17 hour drive.

Hi Bcubs - I watched the interview of your wife after Steven's decision and it made my eyes a bit "watery". She seems so nice and 100% genuine. I am very happy for your entire family. We'll all do our part to help make Steven's (and the Clark fam's) experience here a very positive one. Congratulations and Let's Go Orange!

You realize he didn't really drop and it was a joke right?

I still don't think that stars mean squat...regardless of whether it actually happened or not. Whole system is a farce.

Any system where the evaluators are making money on camps for kids and that is a part of how they go about determining whether a kid get a certain amount of stars is fundamentally flawed.

A kid should be rated on his measurables, his ability on the field, attitude, work ethic, skill level and his potential to improve over time.

It shouldn't be whether a P5 school offers regardless of which one and to keep their integrity, the camps should be free. The websites also complicate the issue because some fan bases have more subscribers that they make money off of.

Something like this where coaches actually get bonuses from recruiting class grades, Anytime money is involved, nothing will be fair and even. Period.

Last edited:
The hardest task for a football staff is finding quality DTs who can also handle the academics required to attend college.

I think down the road a couple of years, this guy is going to require double teams to be stopped. Will really open things up for the linebackers and safeties and make the uber aggressive schemes our staff loves to run that much more effective.

Great get.

I still don't think that stars mean squat...regardless of whether it actually happened or not. Whole system is a farce.

Any system where the evaluators are making money on camps for kids and that is a part of how they go about determining whether a kid get a certain amount of stars is fundamentally flawed.

A kid should be rated on his measurables, his ability on the field, attitude, work ethic, skill level and his potential to improve over time.

It shouldn't be whether a P5 school offers regardless of which one and to keep their integrity, the camps should be free. The websites also complicate the issue because some fan bases have more subscribers that they make money off of.

Something like this where coaches actually get bonuses from recruiting class grades, Anytime money is involved, nothing will be fair and even. Period.

You have no idea how accurate you are about these combines. The game is certainly rigged, and always so that their pockets are lined with money.

Just watched his senior highlights and can understand why Florida was after him hard at C. Mobile w/ a mean streak.

Definitely talented enough to be successful on either the D or O line in college. Rare size/speed/strength combination.

Not sure if he can play right away as a DL, but if anyone can do it as a true frosh for us, its probably Steven.

Just watched his senior highlights and can understand why Florida was after him hard at C. Mobile w/ a mean streak.

Definitely talented enough to be successful on either the D or O line in college. Rare size/speed/strength combination.

Not sure if he can play right away as a DL, but if anyone can do it as a true frosh for us, its probably Steven.

agreed! probably one of the hardest positions (QB) to play as a true frosh, simply because of the size and strength difference from HS to d-1. I have no doubt Steven will be a gamer whether immediately or in a year or two! So glad to have him join us!

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread but have the staff told Steven if he'll be given a chance at immediate playing time or would they prefer to RS him?

Congratulations on the decision! Really think he's going to be a great addition. Having monsters on the dline allow our fast skilled LBers to run and make a ton of plays! It'd be nice to keep our pipeline of dlineman to the NFL going!!!

Next time the boo birds cite "only hiring on the family" or "Shafer only hires western Michigan guys" - we need to remember one of the main reasons Steven, Trey, Shy, etc. all decide to commit: authentic family.

The coaching staff all know and trust each other - and I think genuinely like each other. That has to go a long way in creating that family environment.

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread but have the staff told Steven if he'll be given a chance at immediate playing time or would they prefer to RS him?

Congratulations on the decision! Really think he's going to be a great addition. Having monsters on the dline allow our fast skilled LBers to run and make a ton of plays! It'd be nice to keep our pipeline of dlineman to the NFL going!!!

Right now, the thinking is that he'll be in the rotation. Short version is yes, they expect him to play. No clue as to where in the depth chart he'll be, though. It's all up to him.

Florida told him the same thing. He'd have played at least somewhat as a freshman down there.