Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Here's the link again for Clark's highlights http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1785757/highlights/199387388 If anybody hasn't had a chance to check them out I recommend you do. imo this is one of the best highlight reels for a defensive line (and even guard) recruit that we've had. It's absolutely amazing that he is only a 2star at Rivalz, and a 3star "70" at ESPN. I'm convinced they didn't even look at the tape.

You have no idea how accurate you are about these combines. The game is certainly rigged, and always so that their pockets are lined with money.

When money is involved, things are never as they seem and always get removed from their original intentions. Look at D1 College Football in general. Universities, Television companies, broadcasting, food service, etc. all lining their pockets while the kids get screwed. Why would recruiting be any different.

Looking forward to watching your son and the rest of the kids in this class play next year.

Can't Wait!!!

That highlight at the one minute mark is like a scooby doo episode. He just tosses that defender. lol.

One of the best OG highlights, I think, is the play that starts at the 3:12 mark. He's pulling to the left, shoves a linebacker back about 10 yards (at the 3:14-3:15 mark), then, when on the far side, knocks over two other defenders simultaneously. It's really hard to see, and I almost didn't put it in. From my spot on the sideline, it was right in front of me. My wife, two friends, and myself were on the top of the bleachers directly above the first down marker (wife was in a white shirt).

That highlight at the one minute mark is like a scooby doo episode. He just tosses that defender. lol.

I also love the one at about 5:20 where he blocks the defender about 10 yards downfield and the play ends and Steven is just about ready to come back to the line of scrimmage until the defender tries to give him another shove. Steven looks like he pushes him with his pinky and knocks him on his ass like an afterthought.

BTW, did not know this until today, but there's been a number of Florida fans that have been reading this thread. I'd like to say to them, if they're still here, that Steven, his mother, and myself all thought Florida was a great place. I believe that Florida will quickly find itself back at the top of the SEC East, and sooner than y'all might think. It's just that, at the end of it all, Steven felt like he belonged at Syracuse. Steven really did give it much thought.

I also love the one at about 5:20 where he blocks the defender about 10 yards downfield and the play ends and Steven is just about ready to come back to the line of scrimmage until the defender tries to give him another shove. Steven looks like he pushes him with his pinky and knocks him on his ass like an afterthought.

Yep. That kid had been irritating Steven with trash talk most of the game.

My favorite play on the highlight reel is the play at :41. Steven is the pulling O-Lineman. Watch the very prudent business decision that #31 in white makes when he sees young Mr. Clark coming his way.

Next time the boo birds cite "only hiring on the family" or "Shafer only hires western Michigan guys" - we need to remember one of the main reasons Steven, Trey, Shy, etc. all decide to commit: authentic family.

The coaching staff all know and trust each other - and I think genuinely like each other. That has to go a long way in creating that family environment.
AMEN AMEN and AMEN!! But then, won't there always be boo birds?!?!:noidea:

Shameless plug - here's the evaluation I did on Steven back in December. I've been high on him since he committed. He has the power, strength, and speed to contribute right away.
I believe this is the plug you were looking for: http://.com/gridiron-recruiting-spotlight-dt-steven-clark/

bcubs9497 said:
BTW, did not know this until today, but there's been a number of Florida fans that have been reading this thread. I'd like to say to them, if they're still here, that Steven, his mother, and myself all thought Florida was a great place. I believe that Florida will quickly find itself back at the top of the SEC East, and sooner than y'all might think. It's just that, at the end of it all, Steven felt like he belonged at Syracuse. Steven really did give it much thought.

They've been very classy on Twitter. The one guy who posted here was okay - I think tensions were high ;)

She's a great big sister, all 5'1" of her. She toughened him up as when he was a little tyke. Believe me when I tell you that she's actually a lot meaner than her brother. Maybe "more vicious" is a better term.
We have some spots available at LB and Cornerback. Katie can come play either.