Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Is Steven going to have to make me put the pads on again...
th

One of the most pressing objectives is to round out his defensive tackle rotation. Daoust plans to lean on senior John Raymon and a pair of redshirt freshmen in Kayton Samuels and Chris Slayton to take most of the reps.

The fourth defensive tackle will be a true freshman.

Or two true freshmen.

Or, maybe still, three of them.
"I think Steven Clark, physically, right now, is further ahead than the others," Daoust said, "and he would be that guy right now."

Platooning Steven Clark with Tyler Cross, who Daoust called the best athlete among freshman D-linemen — "and it's not even close" — and possibly adding a third to that mix (Anthony Giudice) seems to be a logical solution heading into camp.

Sounds like Ty and Steven will make a hell of a tandem. One quick and speedy, the other with absurd brute strength. In a couple years they're going to destroy opponents.

Hoping Ty and Steven will be as good as Matt Millen and Bruce Clark were for PSU in the day...

I hope Slayton and Clark know how to use that NFL strength.

Daoust will coach them up, of that I have no doubt. The rest will be up to them.
Are all the freshmen all forming some good chemistry? Thinking about a duo of Tyler and Steven, hopefully they're gelling well for the multiple years starting alongside one another.

Are all the freshmen all forming some good chemistry? Thinking about a duo of Tyler and Steven, hopefully they're gelling well for the multiple years starting alongside one another.
I think so. I've heard nothing but positive stuff.

Good news is Daoust has the ability to constantly have fresh legs out there. This D-Line is what I get the most excited about. Friggin size, speed and strength all over the place in the trenches.

One of the most pressing objectives is to round out his defensive tackle rotation. Daoust plans to lean on senior John Raymon and a pair of redshirt freshmen in Kayton Samuels and Chris Slayton to take most of the reps.

The fourth defensive tackle will be a true freshman.

Or two true freshmen.

Or, maybe still, three of them.
"I think Steven Clark, physically, right now, is further ahead than the others," Daoust said, "and he would be that guy right now."

Platooning Steven Clark with Tyler Cross, who Daoust called the best athlete among freshman D-linemen — "and it's not even close" — and possibly adding a third to that mix (Anthony Giudice) seems to be a logical solution heading into camp.
This is why im not worried about the D line this year.

Write up on Steven in the Guntersville paper from a month ago:

http://www.advertisergleam.com/spor...cle_bc60478e-1f2f-11e5-9db2-63c898aaa100.html

It’s time to head off to Syracuse University for Brindlee Mountain grad Steven Clark to begin his collegiate football career.

Steven and some members of his family are planning to drive from Marshall County all the way to the upstate New York city of Syracuse.

“It’s definitely a long drive but it will be worth it,” Steven said.

Over the past few months Steven has been preparing his body for college football caliber competition.

Syracuse University placed Steven on a specific workout plan that is designed to help him gain the needed weight to handle the physical demand of college football.

“There’s a good bit of stuff in the workout that focuses on agility and conditioning but mostly it’s designed to help me muscle up,” Steven said. “I can definitely see a difference after just a few months.”

At the end of basketball season in February, Steven weighed 265 pounds. After a few months on the Syracuse workout plan, he now weighs 295 pounds.

“It’s been fun to challenge myself with this workout,” Steven said. “My max on bench press is now up to 400 pounds, which I’m proud of.”

Before the Syracuse football season starts in early September, Steven plans on gaining even more muscle.

“The coaches at Syracuse said they would like to have me at 315 pounds by the time the season opener gets here,” Steven said.

Syracuse opens the 2015 season with Rhode Island at home.

Steven is hopeful that he will see playing time in his first year.

“The coaches have continued to support me and encourage me,” he said. “I’m very excited to start the season. It’s going to be a crazy feeling to run out of the tunnel in front of that many people.”

50lbs in roughly a year is a tough, tough task. It's hard to imagine how big he'll look even with yet another 20lbs on his frame. Holy cow.

50lbs in roughly a year is a tough, tough task. It's hard to imagine how big he'll look even with yet another 20lbs on his frame. Holy cow.
If I'm not mistaken, he's already up to 315. I believe bcubs mentioned that a little bit ago.

If I'm not mistaken, he's already up to 315. I believe bcubs mentioned that a little bit ago.
Yep. Up to 315ish. He's very adept at gaining and dropping weight as needed. Would get up to 300ish during the summer just prior to the start of football camp. Then when basketball season started, he'd drop 25-30 pounds so that he could move a bit better.

Frankly, I could see him coming out of his career at Syracuse with the kind of measurables that Danny Shelton had at this year's NFL combine.

These boys getting ready for the real work soon :)

Yep. Up to 315ish. He's very adept at gaining and dropping weight as needed. Would get up to 300ish during the summer just prior to the start of football camp. Then when basketball season started, he'd drop 25-30 pounds so that he could move a bit better.
Was Steven ever a wrestler? The gaining/losing weight thing seems to come naturally to wrestlers so just curious.