Duck Soup Postgame Thoughts | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Duck Soup Postgame Thoughts

Didn't see it bc CBSN isn't on Sling. I listened in on Cuse.com and really enjoyed Matt Park and the radio broadcast. Old school. Felt like the old days.

Nice to see the bench do some damage. Really happy for Q, Brown, and Benny.

Nice to see JJ continue to be the leader, and for Starling to have another good game.

No idea what the opponent was like. Don't know if this is a 'good win'.

But, will enjoy it for now.

13 Ws to 21 Ws and the big dance.
20 games to get there.
14 games against teams that have the same loss count (or less) as us right now
5 games where we'll be favored
4 ranked opponents, and 6 games against those ranked opponents..

3-6 Niagara
8-3 Pitt x 2
8-3 BC x 2
7-3 UNC x 2
8-2 Miami
4-5 FSU
7-3 NC State x 2
6-3 Wake Forest
5-6 Louisville x 2
9-1 Clemson x 2
6-3 GA Tech
4-6 Notre Dame
8-3 Va Tech

We need to get 8 wins out of 15 games, 6 where we will not be favored. So, 8 wins out of 9 games. This is a huge task.

Some of these teams have not played as many good teams as we have. Hopefully that starts to show. Hopefully we can knock off one or two of the ranked teams.

Last edited:
Oregon played good defense for the most part, it took us moving the ball well on offense to open the game up. Offensively, once their 3's stopped dropping they looked lost. Their big guys inside I think were out of the game and that is where it really showed. Had they at least one more consistent guy inside they would have done much better offensively and given us a game, but we still would have won.

No. Since this game belongs to CBS there were limited highlights released.

Maybe someone will upload the game to Youtube later?
ACC put some highlights on YouTube but it’s borderline unwatchable between the video quality, uniforms, arena size, and court pattern. Not impressed with how this game was handled.

Other than Judah Cope is arguably our most important player. He can guard 4 positions, rebound, play the 1 2 or 3 positions. Kids crazy talented and just starting to put it all together.
I will say this about Qadir. He doesn’t send me to the fainting couch any more when he has the ball in his hands! In fact, he is more likely to send me into a swooooooon.
Happy Best Friends GIF by Laff

Last edited:
Other than Judah Cope is arguably our most important player. He can guard 4 positions, rebound, play the 1 2 or 3 positions. Kids crazy talented and just starting to put it all together.
No, he’s not our most important player outside of Judah. If he was he wouldn’t be 6th in minutes played.

The goat Matthew loves ball uploaded it to youtube. Uploads most relevant games daily.

Thanks for that link. Nice to see some tidbits of the game. Strange edits on which highlights they chose to include (like multiple foul shots and extended possessions leading to misses), but I will take it.

Saw JT get abused early on some rebounding attempts.

Only saw one Bell shot, seemed like a good shot. His movement off ball wasn't great though. He just stands and fires. Like it better when people are moving.

Still seeing some inconsistency on D. Some intense play, shutting guys down at one position, but somewhere else allowing easy paths to the bucket. Hopefully we can continue to tighten this up and get everyone playing at a high level.

Onwards and upwards

i dont care about grades. watch the film. its obvious.
Not sure what this film is to which you refer, but I think the staff watched the game video before giving out grades

Not sure what this film is to which you refer, but I think the staff watched the game video before giving out grades
I thought it was the grades like they have for football that someone not on the team gave them. coach Red has even said that cope comes in and gets the team going with his defense. How could Bell and Taylor be better defensively. Cope plays d on their best guys. i know the otger 2 dont.

I thought it was the grades like they have for football that someone not on the team gave them. coach Red has even said that cope comes in and gets the team going with his defense. How could Bell and Taylor be better defensively. Cope plays d on their best guys. i know the otger 2 dont.
Taylor is a solid defender. Bell isn’t obviously. I just said Quadir wasn’t night and day better than everyone on the team. I’m not trying to rain on everyone’s parade, but I see a lot of hyperbole regarding Copeland after the past two games. I need to see him play well against someone decent. For me it’s the turnovers that drive me nuts. Clear that up against the good teams and I’ll buy into him more.

Taylor is a solid defender. Bell isn’t obviously. I just said Quadir wasn’t night and day better than everyone on the team. I’m not trying to rain on everyone’s parade, but I see a lot of hyperbole regarding Copeland after the past two games. I need to see him play well against someone decent. For me it’s the turnovers that drive me nuts. Clear that up against the good teams and I’ll buy into him more.

Bell is solid defender! Main weakness is the boards, which of course is a negative on both ends of the court, but he is really good at staying with his man in a 1 on 1 situation. His quickness gives him an advantage when matched up against a smaller faster guy. Tied for second on the team in blocks. Good in the press. Many have complimented his defense in the game/post game threads.

I have seen all three of them get beat and make team defense errors this season with out one standing out as making far less mistakes. Copeland in 1 on 1 situations has gotten beat plenty. His main advantage over the other two is his rebounding, not other areas.

Couldn't watch live and just watching that bit I don't really understand the angst towards McLeod. I think he was fine.

Couldn't watch live and just watching that bit I don't really understand the angst towards McLeod. I think he was fine.
He's a work in progress. It's frustrating to watch him not secure rebounds and fail to finish at the rim at times, but the ability is there.

Ok i get that. would love t.o. to stop or slow down. i just love his energy and thought he shoulda been playing more before this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom