Duke and Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke and Miami

Cameron crazies are like horses with broken legs . . . . Please some one put them out if their misery.

just wow. two games in a row with horrendous defense and all but folding in the closing minutes. kind of looks like chemistry issues

As we see teams falling or being challenged, I think one ACC team that is not getting nearly enough credit is Virginia - I think sometimes they are overlooked despite that #2 ranking. They have made it look fairly easy this year.

Other than an OT win AT Miami (which is not that bad) they have just breezed through their schedule. They have beaten 3 top 25 level teams on the road quite comfortably in VCU, Maryland, and Notre Dame. And we have seen winning on the road is not easy.

The cream of the ACC may not be a tossup Virginia, Duke and Louisville. It might just be Virginia.

just wow. two games in a row with horrendous defense and all but folding in the closing minutes. kind of looks like chemistry issues
Duke fans shouldn't be getting that warm and fuzzy feeling.

UVA reminds me of those really good Pitt teams except they have more play makers and the type of guys who can win tourney games vs just reg season contests.

Larranaga was a great hire by Miami. That team and he should get a lot of credit. I'm sure their fans wish they had made an impactful football coaching hire like that.

Not sure what happened to Duke lately- they looked outstanding winning in Madison, still loaded with talent.

Larranaga was a great hire by Miami. That team and he should get a lot of credit. I'm sure their fans wish they had made an impactful football coaching hire like that.

Not sure what happened to Duke lately- they looked outstanding winning in Madison, still loaded with talent.
The way to beat Duke is beat them off the dribble and attack the rim. Wisc didnt do that, just got into a 3 pt shooting contest w Duk

I had several priceless moments during the Duke-Miami game. The first one is when Duke in bounded the ball after a made basket with about 2+ minutes to play and Miami stole the inbound pass. What was great was Miami wasn't even guarding the Duke players. The pass was so lazy that the Miami guy figured he could beat the Duke player to the ball and did due to lack of effort. That is what I saw from Duke down the stretch was a lack of effort and sloppiness. Very unusual for a Duek team. My other favorite moment was when they flashed to K on the bench and he kind of put his arm around both guys he was sitting next to and exhaled a deep breath and then sat back with a stunned look on his face. No fire, nothing. My last favorite moment was when the game ended it sounded like an empty church in Cameron. Something tells me we may see more moments liek that from Duke this year.

When was the last time Duke lost three in a row, because they go into Louisville this weekend. If they lose there we are 3 games up on Duke after 5 conference games. I don't think any of us saw would be able to say they saw that coming.

I had several priceless moments during the Duke-Miami game. The first one is when Duke in bounded the ball after a made basket with about 2+ minutes to play and Miami stole the inbound pass. What was great was Miami wasn't even guarding the Duke players. The pass was so lazy that the Miami guy figured he could beat the Duke player to the ball and did due to lack of effort. That is what I saw from Duke down the stretch was a lack of effort and sloppiness. Very unusual for a Duek team. My other favorite moment was when they flashed to K on the bench and he kind of put his arm around both guys he was sitting next to and exhaled a deep breath and then sat back with a stunned look on his face. No fire, nothing. My last favorite moment was when the game ended it sounded like an empty church in Cameron. Something tells me we may see more moments liek that from Duke this year.

Interesting observation about K. Wonder if he is expending so much energy on USA Basketball that he's not able to devote as much energy/fire as you say to his college squad. I'm not making a judgment here so much as asking a question.

With the loss Duke should move up three spots in the polls, they are Duke ya know!!! You really can't count a Miami win against Duke because we all know Duke is a better team on paper, ask Len Elmore if you do not believe me.

People say Boeheim is stubborn, but I don't know why K continues to play aggressive man to man especially against teams with capable guards. He's been burnt early in the tournament multiple times the past couple years, and the other year they were eliminated Louisville took them to the woodshed with Siva and Smith. You think in an age where few can shoot, guards dominate the ball, and the charge rule has been rolled back, it would be more effective to play a more passive defense, especially if your guards can't defend dribble penetration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom