Duke fan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke fan

Sounds like you guys think the ACC is just going to roll over and play dead once SU and Pitt join the conference. Even though the ACC has been dominated by UNC and Duke in recent years, we have won 8 titles in the last 20 years as opposed to 4 for the Big East. We are looking forward to having two great programs added to the mix but don't expect UNC and Duke to relinquish the ACC crown easily. You are going to have to wrest it from our grasp.

:)
We're looking forward to being competitive and improving the ACC overall. We already have a national rivalry with Duke and North Carolina as well as a number of other ACC teams. We're excited to be in the mix and hope to play at a high level as we enter the conference. That's part of the value we can add which will impact the ACC in general. We're excited for the future and want the full Atlantic Coast Conference to thrive with a full contribution by SU to that end. SU is in an active effort to improve all their sports. SU's basketball & Lacrosse teams will help make the ACC the #1 conference in the country for those sports. We hope to contribute at the same level in football, though it may take a few years.

You are FOS troll

Explain this greaseball http://mbd.At their request, this n...this site./mb.aspx?s=174&f=2580&t=7936404&p=2

His avatar picture on one of the scout boards is a bag of diapers. No lie. Like I said, he's one of the biggest NC State trolls on the web. He won't last long here.

His avatar picture on one of the scout boards is a bag of diapers. No lie. Like I said, he's one of the biggest NC State trolls on the web. He won't last long here.

This is of course a lie.

What a bitter, angry man. I'd be bitter too if I lived in Gastonia, but you really take it to a new level. Like I said, when you get to know some real UNC fans fans posers like Bo are easy to spot.

ItsBoTime is well known for his knee-jerk reactions to things, people look at him as sort of a figure of fun.

You are FOS troll

Explain this greaseball http://mbd.At their request, this n...this site./mb.aspx?s=174&f=2580&t=7936404&p=2

I am not fond of Pittsburgh it is true.

But I am confident that Syracuse will appreciate the Carolina Way, Mark. No need to swear about it, right?

I am not fond of Pittsburgh it is true.

But I am confident that Syracuse will appreciate the Carolina Way, Mark. No need to swear about it, right?

Here's what the link ItsBoTime furnished looks like. I believe maybe the poster is referring to Syracuse when he talks about "SorryExcuse" fans that are pathetic, car-burning thugs, no?

• DeanSmithDepends
  • Nub
  • Rating: 2.8/5 this site
  • 14 posts this site
  • Ignore this Member
http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/avatars/4/0/DeanSmithDepends.jpg
Nominate | Report
Posted: 9/18/2011 9:13 PM
Re: Pitt and Syracuse apply to join the ACC

Y'all should be very happy. Two more schools full of honking, greaseball Yankee scum. And SorryExcuse fans are almost as pathetic rioting car-burning thugs as your greaseball crew.

Bad day for the Atlantic Coast Conference, good day for you Yankee trash.

rate it http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/forums/scout2/star_outline.gifhttp://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/forums/scout2/star_outline.gifhttp://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/forums/scout2/star_outline.gifhttp://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/forums/scout2/star_outline.gifhttp://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/forums/scout2/star_outline.gif Reply | Quote

we have a few BBQ places around here that are pretty good i think the story they tell you is a little tiny myth that has to be presented on mythbusters :cool:

I'm sure you have some very good BBQ places but there are many types of BBQ and Eastern North Carolina BBQ is perhaps the most unique because it is very different from most other types that are tomato based. It traditionally has to be smoked over hickory wood which imparts a unique flavor. Many people use a blend of 40% hickory, 40% oak, and 20% apple wood. The following explains it in more detail. I love all kinds of BBQ but this is my favorite. If you love BBQ and most people do, you'll love this style.

Eastern North Carolina style barbeque is, by most accounts, the oldest style of barbeque in the United States. Originating during Colonial times in the coastal regions of Virginia and the Carolinas, it endures and thrives today in the eastern third of the state of North Carolina. According to Vince Staten and Greg Johnson, this style of barbeque "originated in those days when people thought tomatoes were poisonous and refused to eat them. When the early settlers wanted a seasoning for their barbequed pig, they chose English ketchup, a vinegar seasoned with oysters and peppers and other spices, but containing no tomato."
Staten and Johnson observe that "[today] Down East they cook the whole hog, with no baste, over hickory coals, then 'pick' the meat off the bone, chop it into fine hunks, and coat it with a thin, hot vinegar-based sauce. Accompanying coleslaw is also vinegar based as opposed to mayo based like many coleslaws."

could someone point me to the syracuse fan forums?
Wow... the ACC is fighting on our board. All are always welcome here and many have been really great and have added a lot to the Board. We do have a great deal of mutual respect for the ACC fans (at least until next season starts) ... but until then, as I said, welcome. If you come to the board to troll and have not been respectful now or in the past, please return to your own board. I don't know why you would want to be here anyway, except for to cause waves ... those we have enough of right now. If I might ... Hobbit, Archer, and ItsbotTime (I think b/c I haven't seen too many of your posts) ... personally glad to have you. You have provided and added to a lot of discussions. I personally am offended by the posting above by (I think) DeanSmithDepends. I am offended on so many levels.

Sorry for the diatribe.

I'm sure you have some very good BBQ places but there are many types of BBQ and Eastern North Carolina BBQ is perhaps the most unique because it is very different from most other types that are tomato based. It traditionally has to be smoked over hickory wood which imparts a unique flavor. Many people use a blend of 40% hickory, 40% oak, and 20% apple wood. The following explains it in more detail. I love all kinds of BBQ but this is my favorite. If you love BBQ and most people do, you'll love this style.

Eastern North Carolina style barbeque is, by most accounts, the oldest style of barbeque in the United States. Originating during Colonial times in the coastal regions of Virginia and the Carolinas, it endures and thrives today in the eastern third of the state of North Carolina. According to Vince Staten and Greg Johnson, this style of barbeque "originated in those days when people thought tomatoes were poisonous and refused to eat them. When the early settlers wanted a seasoning for their barbequed pig, they chose English ketchup, a vinegar seasoned with oysters and peppers and other spices, but containing no tomato."
Staten and Johnson observe that "[today] Down East they cook the whole hog, with no baste, over hickory coals, then 'pick' the meat off the bone, chop it into fine hunks, and coat it with a thin, hot vinegar-based sauce. Accompanying coleslaw is also vinegar based as opposed to mayo based like many coleslaws."

i having trouble believing you , do you want to send me some BBQ ;)

Let's agree to disagree on the BBQ ... actually there are more than 2 kinds of BBQ .. Eastern BBQ, N. Carolina BBQ (I have had and personally prefer Eastern slather) ... but is is very good. There is also Texas BBQ, New Orleans BBQ, St.Louis BBQ ... all claiming superiority. It's a matter of preference. Up East here we looooove slather. I urge y'all to try the North Carolina BBQ ... then y'all have a frame of reference. (I use y'all fondly BTW having gone to school at OU and with a Floridian as a daughter-in-law ... whom btw is a huge Florida State fan)

as long as we dont disagree on where the best chicken wings & pizza come from, i'll vote present.

OK...no question about the wings. Ain't none better than in New Yawk. Now to be a PIA ... what pizza are you talking about? There's New York pizza, Chicago pizza, California pizza (hate it ...whoputs fruit on pizza ... ack).

Nice to have you Archer ... but personally I have had (y'all probablly think I'm fat) both vinegar and mayo based cole slaw. I like the mayo based coleslaw much better ... my mother used to make the best coleslaw (Hopemy wife doesn't read this)

they have a dinosaur in troy now...no excuses
and the newest is in Newark, right? or will be in Newark?

Newark? aka brick city, dont people go there to die?
yes, and the dead go there to bypass purgatory and go straight to hell.

Wow... the ACC is fighting on our board. All are always welcome here and many have been really great and have added a lot to the Board. We do have a great deal of mutual respect for the ACC fans (at least until next season starts) ... but until then, as I said, welcome. If you come to the board to troll and have not been respectful now or in the past, please return to your own board. I don't know why you would want to be here anyway, except for to cause waves ... those we have enough of right now. If I might ... Hobbit, Archer, and ItsbotTime (I think b/c I haven't seen too many of your posts) ... personally glad to have you. You have provided and added to a lot of discussions. I personally am offended by the posting above by (I think) DeanSmithDepends. I am offended on so many levels.

Sorry for the diatribe.

Thanks for the welcome, Skan, I do appreciate it.

Two questions:

1) What is Dino's barbecue like?

2) Is anyone here hip to Chiavetta's meat marinade? They sell a lot of the stuff in Buffalo where my wife is from. I had a friend bring me down 6 half-gallon jugs of it this past spring. It's a vinegar-based marinade that is sensational on grilled ribs and chicken.

If you've never had it, then brother you're missing out!

They sell dino bbq sauce in some super markets , doubt its down south tho.

Thanks for the welcome, Skan, I do appreciate it.

Two questions:

1) What is Dino's barbecue like?

2) Is anyone here hip to Chiavetta's meat marinade? They sell a lot of the stuff in Buffalo where my wife is from. I had a friend bring me down 6 half-gallon jugs of it this past spring. It's a vinegar-based marinade that is sensational on grilled ribs and chicken.

If you've never had it, then brother you're missing out!

I like Carolina BBQ very much and am a fan of anything vinegar based. I have also had peachwood smoked BBQ down there. The vinegar based sides blow away any of the mayo based, thick, and too rich sides. Dinosaur is good but the Carolina and KC (Oklahoma Joe's) stuff is on another level without question.

Whoah; it's 10:30 in the morning, haven't had breakfast yet, and am seriously thinking about flying up to Syracuse to get one of those sandwiches. What do they call that, a pork-skette? Weird name for a delicious-looking sandwich. Thanks for the link!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom