Duke fan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke fan

The sauce is good, but almost beside the point. You can put the sauce on anything, but it is the great flavor of the cooking that truly matters.

The sauce is good, but almost beside the point. You can put the sauce on anything, but it is the great flavor of the cooking that truly matters.

^ Amen to that.

Fortunately I work from home (medical transcription), so I can slow-cook for hours.

Chicken breasts don't dry out if you cook them on super-low for 7 or 8 hours, with an hourly turn and baste;
Mmmmmmmm .....! Have to take a trip to the local Kroger and see if they carry the sauce.

Its going to be awesome from a basketball perspective.
Cuse brings 2-3 zone early in the season which exploits turnovers and runs off their athleticism a dome full of 25,000 easily whenever Duke and NC come. The premier zone team in the country.

Pitt brings a home toughness their fans are literally on the court and they are easily a top ten team in the country at home. Some much needed toughness to add to your conference. Tough as nails in the high and low paint every year without waivering.

Maryland GT and NCstate are tough but they don't add what Cuse and Pitt will a much needed swagger. You will see. :D

To bad Uconn went to division one football a year or two ago or I would say they would be another addition worth grabbing (especially for womens basketball against UNC and Duke.)
I thank AlbanyCuse for the invite to join this Board, and thought I would make my first post an all inclusive intro on this thread.

First, I thought ACC adding Pitt and Cuse was a brilliant move and totally caught the B1G by surprise. Very happy to have you two as 13-14 but I do not favor UCONN or Rutgers any time soon for 15-16 for lots of reasons (numbers below not necessarily in priority order just as references):

1. Do not want ACC to be the sole reason BE falls apart, though in Bball that helps ACC cause (also B1G's) with Notre Dame not remaining independent forever.

2. Holding out hope that long term and when you see the teams you will agree it is not possible in short term that ACC can add one or both of Penn State and Notre Dame for 15-16.

3. B1G would have loved to add Pitt from BE and Maryland from ACC to appease Penn State whose nearest B1G school Ohio State is much further away (5.75 hours) than in this order: Pitt (2.67), MD (3.85) , (Rutgers 4.1), Syracuse (4.48) and UVA (5.08 hours).

B1G adding Pitt and MD would have better positioned them to retain PSU and eventually add Notre Dame and Cuse (or Rutgers).

4. No longer any rush for ACC to get to 16 since SEC only has 13, P12 and B1G now content at 12, B12 only has 9 and BE only has 7.

5. ACC football "powers" as much as anybody can be viewed as a football power in ACC or BE want football schools better than UCONN or Rutgers for 15-16.

6. No one can name 4 teams that ACC could realistically added in short term when super conferences were looking more imminent, that do not include one if not both Syracuse and Pitt.

Great interim solution for 13-14 but no rush to get to 15-16 if doing so forever eliminates Penn St and Notre Dame.

7. Though with FSU, Miami and UNC scandals, ACC cannot throw stones, UCONN as good as it is in both genders for Bball, has some ethics baggage, while Cuse and Pitt run clean programs.

8. NYC has a lot of distractions. Cuse is as good an entry, (or not), into that NY market as Rutgers is (or is not), and much better in both sports, not to mention lacrosse.

9. IMO, the only negative is weather for baseball and softball but football and revenue drive this, not other sports, not even Bball.

10. Syracuse and Pitt are perennially top 10 in Bball which gives ACC 4 top programs every year.

I could go on but you get the drift. The CT governor now seems to agree that UCONN should not man the phones waiting for an ACC call anytime soon, unless one of the 14 leaves.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...or-acc-uconn-huskies-decision-not-likely-soon

With respect to football scheduling that I do not follow closely, seems to me the easiest thing to do if Cuse and Pitt become available sooner than 27 months and number of teams is 14 is to just add Syracuse to BC's conference and Pitt with the Virginia teams.

The current ACC football divisions are not geographic. Both new adds were 8-5 last year and have them play each other cross-divisionally at least that first year.

Since TV drives the Bball schedule, how about this? Have each ACC team play the other 13 once plus 3 Home and Home.

That would mean UNC-Syracuse-Duke-Pitt all play one another twice in a two year rotation cycle to allow home games at least every other year with everybody.

Do the same thing at bottom for the 4 worst teams that only their fans would ever want to watch play twice: BC-GA T- Wake -MD this year but not bottom 4 for long. Top 4 teams would still play them once, alternating home and away every other year.

For the middle 6, give them each a primary partner and alternate which two of the other 4 they play odd years, and the other two the even years:

FSU and Miami home and home every year plus alternate for example VA T and NC State twice in odd years and UVA and Clemson twice in even years

VA Tech and UVA home and home every year plus alternate FSU and NC State twice in odd years and Miami and Clemson twice in even years

Clemson and NC St home and home every year and alternate Miami and UVA twice in odd years and FSU and NC State twice in even years.

It's possible that one of these middle 6 might finish higher than one of the top 4 and also possible one of the bottom 4 may finish higher than one of the middle 6.

My preference would be to not re-seed top 4 and bottom 4 until after second year when everybody who played once only on road would play the same foe at home and vice versa.

Back to expansion, Nova has a long way to go to upgrade its football program and infrastructure.

ACC places a high emphasis on academics, second only to B1G who also requires membership in Assoc of American Universities (AAU) that is nice to have but not required in ACC.

So academics in addition sometimes to geography eliminates: Memphis, Houston, ECU, USF, UCF, West VA, Louisville, TxTech, Cincy, K-State, Temple, Okie St, and UK.

That greatly reduces the list of potentials who I list below by academic rank in US News & World reports , with TV share in parenthesis, even including teams not anywhere near the East Coast:

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/?scp=1&sq=most popular college football teams in new york&st=cse

12 - Northwestern (AAU as is all of B1G) would not leave B1G, distance and a lot of other non-starters
17 - Vandy (380K and AAU) - would not leave SEC $$ on table, won't bother to list Florida further down
17 - Rice (AAU), like NW, too far away for what it brings
19 - Notre Dame (2.262 million TV Share) highly desirable to both B1G and ACC, not AAU but rules made to be broken, wants independence

30 - Richmond but already two ACC teams in VA
45- Penn State (AAU and 2.642 M) content in B1G for moment but having Pitt helps ACC cause, views itself as eastern vs. east fringe of central
45 - Texas (AAU and 2.25 M) issues with distance and Texas Longhorn Network, and now potential 6 year B12 rights grants

55 - Maryland (AAU) adding Pitt and Cuse helps retain MD in ACC

58 - Pitt (831K and AAU) helps case with Penn St long term, good in both sports and geographically - no one can name 4 realistic ACC candidates better

58 - UCONN (619K, not AAU, ethics issues) - only need 2 short term and Pitt/Cuse better fits overall, BC still bitter from last time

62 - Syracuse (769K, former AAU) -no one can name 4 realistic ACC candidates better, new market in upstate NY and NYC, lacrosse

68 - Rutgers (938K, AAU) - Syracuse taps into NYC market to extent that is possible as much as Rutgers can, Rutgers bad in both sports
75 - Baylor (210K small market, not AAU) - distance but good in both sports and has renowned medical center
75 - Tulsa dwarfed by Oklahoma and Okie St and too far

82 - Vermont adds nothing that Syracuse did not already add, way worse in both sports
90 - Missouri (1.085 M and AAU) - good in both sports but competition from B1G and SEC who are bigger and closer, great rivalry with KU
97 - Iowa St (535K and AAU) - leave this one for B1G or B12 since not great in either sport to be kind
97 - TCU (371K small market) - already headed to BE, distance, competition also from B12

101 - low water mark for ACC with FSU and NC St tied with several
101 - Kansas (768K and AAU) - may be tied to K-St who does not make cut, killed by GA Tech 66-24, great Bball only add if not so far

101 - Tennessee would not leave SEC, did not bother to list Oklahoma and Nebraska also 101

111 - South Carolina also would not leave SEC

I like Carolina BBQ very much and am a fan of anything vinegar based. I have also had peachwood smoked BBQ down there. The vinegar based sides blow away any of the mayo based, thick, and too rich sides. Dinosaur is good but the Carolina and KC (Oklahoma Joe's) stuff is on another level without question.

I love Dinosaur as much as anyone but I also really enjoy the Carolina-style barbecue. I haven't been around the country enough to try the different styles but my Uncle-in-law is from there (UNC alum as well so that should be interesting) and he makes some killer barbecue. The vinegar taste is very unique... you either love it or hate it. I love it.

Dino voted number one bbq in the country on GMA.
There will never be agreement here because everyone has different taste when it comes to BBQ. It's like saying who has the best pizza, Mexican or Chinese.

Having said that, I've had Dino and I live with Carolina BBQ now and I think it is better. :D

Ya i have no preference really. Not a big bbq guy myself.Was just putting the vote results out there from GMA.

You can get Dinosaur sauce down here. I think Kroger sells it.

I just asked the wiffy what store sells it. Harris Teeter is where you can get Dino sauce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom