Duke Forums | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Forums

To be fair jones leaving WAS huge and so was reddish out

HOWEVER, they still have an elite team and it was a huge win for our team

I was thinking about it, aren’t Zion and RJ supposed to be top 5 picks? So in Our language, they had Jonny Flynn and Malachi Richardson sitting out but still had Derrick Coleman and Billy Owens playing alongside at least Andy Rautins and Kris Joseph among others. Poor Duke, how could you expect them to compete with that ragtag band of misfits?

I thought the refs were horrible, and not in our favor.

I'm surprised that they didn’t say Hughes' foot was on the line and award him two for the shot at the end of the half.

Last edited:
It's kind of crazy that Duke doen't have more depth considering the amount of kids they run off. I think Tre Jones is a good player but the way ESPN was talking you would think he was Pearl or something. Also for the record Alex O'Connell is a good player and had 16 points and shot great. Better then Tre would have shot.
Was O'Connell the suburban EMO kid?

Bunch of geeks who never played basketball and never watched it growing up until they got to Duke and became super fans because they got to do cool choreographed hand movements to go with their orchestrated cheers.

Their ceremonial sighs and crap they did after the loss was weird as hell...

Reminded me of the nothing kids in mad max beyond thunderdome...

I don' think it has anything to do with style of play and just the fact they have lost to MSU twice if I remember correctly when they were on the top 2 seed line and that is probably a bad match up for them. MSU is a good defensive team that plays a similar physical style. They can play the game the UVA way and beat them. The matchup just sucks for UVA. Similar when we play a team like Wisky who has shooters and good passers. We want to play teams with good athletes who can't shoot as well from the deep. Also they lost that game to us that was crazy.
they are the only #1 seed to ever lose to a #16 no? by 20 to UMBC!!!!

when I watch UVA vs SYR - they have their hands ALL OVER opponents on D - ALL GAME - they do those little fouls mutliple times per possession that don't get called - "packline d" might as well be "touchy feely d" or "molest em for 40 d" - whatever you wanna call it - the NCAA doesn't give them that down-south love that they get in the ACC.

Love tony bennett as a coach but UVA has won ACC 3 of last 5 years and 2nd one other - and all they have is 1 elite 8 and some early trips home. kinda underwhelming in NCAA play - seems it is more than luck - my theory might be only part of it - but I think it IS part of it.

UVA moves their feet on D better than almost any team in America and does a great job of staying in front of their man before passing them off to the next guy in their so called pack line defense. That said, I also believe they get away with a lot of hand checking and reach-in muggings.

You didn’t see Frank go right for the collar bone and pop it off the shoulder?

yeah people need to get out and compete maybe once in their lives to realize stuff happens in sports. Injuries happen when both sides are trying to win a game. For anyone to insinuate that Frank was "trying" to hurt the kid is freaking insane.

The phantom call on Chewie versus Zion at the end of the game as a ref just anticipating contact and to me the worst call of the game considering the timing, just a flat out horrible call.

The air dribble/ carry by the Duke kid was a blown call for sure, ref swallowed the whistle and I am sure he quickly realized he blew the call. See that happen from time to time for sure

I don't troll but I should when I read their forums as their fans are insufferable. So nobody has to read through them like me I will sum it all up for you

• Syracuse did everything but Shank Duke in the lane and referees decided the game (what were they watching) maybe they should borrow Paschal's goggles
  • We were lucky and it was the game of our lives and we will lose by 30 next time
  • If Tre didn't get hurt we would have lost by 20
  • Duke shot badly because maybe Cam Reddish got other people sick (seriously ?)
  • Even if just Cam Reddish plays they win by 10
  • Tre is basically Allen Iverson
  • Howard hurt Tre on purpose because we were losing

The Duke fans are by far the worst fans of college basketball. So glad we beat them.

Mission Accomplished!

celebrities-rooting-for-syracuse-basketball-4552e6bc095ccfa8.jpg

Bunch of geeks who never played basketball and never watched it growing up until they got to Duke and became super fans because they got to do cool choreographed hand movements to go with their orchestrated cheers.

Can't think of anything I hate more than when they stick out there hand, and do the little jazz hand. It's comically stupid. They can eat it.

• Syracuse did everything but Shank Duke in the lane and referees decided the game (what were they watching) maybe they should borrow Paschal's goggles
The Duke fans are by far the worst fans of college basketball. So glad we beat them.

Pretty sure there was a play in the second half where Zion did try to “borrow” both PCs goggles and headband as he was going through him to the basket and PC still got whistled for the personal.

I agree with the majority of the responses including over the back...Bilas and Sean McDonough even mentioned one. Also, they are complaining about the announcers and yes I agree that our board goes crazy when we lose but these Duke fans seem completely uninformed.

Our team has veteran leadership, has underperformed all year and has arguably one of the top 5 best coaches of all time. The fact that they refuse to give us any credit at all speaks volumes to their fan base.
They are very bright people in most academics. As far as sports though they continue to be completely clueless. COMPLETELY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom