Duke game hype | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke game hype

150px-Dive-sig-ok.jpg
:(

As a newbie, I've got one take away from this thread: I'm not going to leave my bowl of Cheerios unguarded while I'm online here.

If those are honey nut Cheerios you're screwed cause I will steal those in a heart beat.

UNC would absolutely be a bigger deal if we hadn't "just" played them in 2009. But it also isn't Gameday, our first since that 2010 season. Still, UNC is going to have over 32,000 people which might be close to a record for a Monday night game. And knowing SU, we will absolutely have tshirts for that game.

UNC game is on a Saturday

UNC game is on a Saturday

Ha I could have sworn it was Monday. But you're (obviously) right. Students won't be there though, right?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

It's being hyped because they can make some coin on T-shirts and the like. They don't need to hype it for tix sales cause it's sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet that wasn't called a foul :( (i'm assuming KG initiated the contact 'cause i'm not sure why Melo would try to sit on his leg.. )

Ha I could have sworn it was Monday. But you're (obviously) right. Students won't be there though, right?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

classes start the following Monday, so some might be there

I don't get it. All this fuss we are making about the Duke game, t-shirts months ahead of time and all the rest. Do you think Duke is all that concerned and hyped about playing us? I don't think so. Yeah, it's exciting to have them coming here to play. I get that. But the excessive hype makes us look like an inferior program.

It's Duke, of course it's a big fuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Duke has been every Syracuse basketball fans infatuation since the inception of time. They have never played here against us so of course they are going to make a bigger deal out of that game than any other. I have no problem with it. Plus we are hosting gameday to boot.

I don't know about SU fans being infatuated with Duke. That was more of a UConn thing, because they beat them for a championship, and played them in OOC games several years. We only have those 2 games in the ACC/Big East challenge against them, unless you go all the way back to Dave Bing's days. I don't think SU fans have been "infatuated" with Duke, any more so than, say, Kentucky, who we've actually played for a championship, played against them in our first Final Four, and have played a few more times in the regular season. Then you add in the recruiting battles, and I'd say we're more interested and talk about Kentucky on this board much more than Duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom