Duke Gameday... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Gameday...

You could pick at their schedule but Duke was averaging almost 18 goals a game coming in, they def have a lot talent. With that said incredible effort by the defense tonight, played smart, timely slides and Mark made up for any breakdowns!

I agree about O'Neill, I was surprised he really didn't initiate much and really surprised when he got a shortie match-up a few times. Of course he's really good but I'm not sure he's the best player in the country.
He cooked these exact same guys last year! He was taking us to the rack constantly in 2023. Of course we had Clary and others on him instead and I think Dwan did a better job. But still if I am Duke I am putting him on an island way more often.

When have we had that level of goal tending, SSDM play, unbelievable slides/recoveries and 2 FO guys getting enough done (especially to start the 2nd half) for a big win? This is a memorable game even if it is the middle of the season.

Certainly didn’t see a lot of that with Petro, but we salute him for recruiting Figueras! If his recruits keep going off without him on the sideline it’s a win win! Some good performances from some Rogers recruits as well though today. Olexo Dwan and Rice had huge games.

O'Neil is a very good player but if you frustrate him and are overtly physical he will get frustrated and make bad decisions. His failure to dodge a few time when he got a shortly on him was eye opening and has to be concerning if your Danowski.

O'Neil is a very good player but if you frustrate him and are overtly physical he will get frustrated and make bad decisions. His failure to dodge a few time when he got a shortly on him was eye opening and has to be concerning if your Danowski.
Jeremy - did it seem like they were cheating on him to force him into his left? Seemed like it to me.

Jeremy - did it seem like they were cheating on him to force him into his left? Seemed like it to me.

SU jumped him a few times with a double but I thought they really tried to force Duke to initiate from up top through the midfield especially in the 1st half. In the 2nd it did look like they were trying to force him away from the spots he wanted to get to. He also missed a couple of looks he usually buries, SU got in his head.

How about Hottie at SSDM? He really stepped up and took that role this team desperately needed. He's small but plays much bigger and can match anyone with his quick feet. Rice, Levine and Hottie are 3 solid shorties and all 3 are different so u can match them up with guys that suits them best. Hottie really impressed me tonight. Freshman who is small yet played like a veteran and didn't back down to anyone. I really love what he's bringing to that SSDM group.

SU jumped him a few times with a double but I thought they really tried to force Duke to initiate from up top through the midfield especially in the 1st half. In the 2nd it did look like they were trying to force him away from the spots he wanted to get to. He also missed a couple of looks he usually buries, SU got in his head.
Yeah I think Mark had them all frustrated.

Watched on delay. Great coaching effort by Gary…he called strategic timeouts! Maybe Gait is the coach we needed. Tipping my cap to him. I have been critical. They seem to be getting better as a team as the season goes along. Wonderful signs. We never should have hired a Hopkins guy as an assistant coach to run the defense:) GO ORANGE!

Some hard hitting analysis:

-Will Mark in sweatpants is a new player. If I ever see him in shorts again he’s cut from the team.

-Wyatt Hottle aka Totes Adorbs can absolutely play. I joke about his height but hats off to a 85 pound freshman in the ACC making plays on both ends of the field. Stud.

-You know the scene in the Office where Dwight fake cries about missing Jim when he left for Stamford? That’s how I feel about Petro leaving for UNC.

-USA Lacrosse poll may move us up 1 spot this week if we’re lucky (assuming a win against Hobart). A “good loss” by PSU to Colgate is more impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom