Duke opens -12 over Cuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke opens -12 over Cuse

I don’t know why anyone would feel bad about betting this team early in the season - expectations were *rightly* high. Anyone walking around saying “should have known” is channeling their inner upstate NY “prolly going to snow” while the sun is shining

All that said - I think they’ll cover vs Duke. But I wouldn’t bet on it.

I didn't know the Las Vegas bookmakers were in upstate NY.

Well i’m 0-8 in the Cuse football road games i’ve attended, and i will be in attendance at Wallace-Wade stadium this weekend. So use that to your betting advantage.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with your personal attendance. But, I would bet that it does have something to do with your handle #Hardnosed - bad juju

Modestly surprised that Vegas would put a line on this game.

Think the spread is warranted and only two P5 teams (Rutgers & Vanderbilt) would be underdogs if we played them this year. Sad and depressing situation.

On a neutral field I think we would probably be favored over Kansas and Arkansas too.
Can't find anyone else besides maybe Northwestern.

I knew things were but but didn't realize just how far down the ladder we had fallen this year.

Ugh.

Well i’m 0-8 in the Cuse football road games i’ve attended, and i will be in attendance at Wallace-Wade stadium this weekend. So use that to your betting advantage.
When I take my wife to either home or away games, Cuse’ record is 1 - 10 so she will stay home in Chicago while I attend the Duke game with my son who lives in Charlotte.

I am not betting against Syracuse I just cant do it, but there has been nothing I have seen to think Duke doesn't win this game by 14+

I didn't know the Las Vegas bookmakers were in upstate NY.

don’t follow, oz

I was speaking to the people here who were feeling bad about betting on the orange

Very cold windy weather, they're struggling, have very little history to begin with, we're struggling so no interest from the fan base there for this one translates to a nearly empty stadium with of the few of the crowd there almost half will likely be us gluttons for punishment Cuse fans.

Our teams backs are against the wall, guys (hopefully) are back from injury, speaking of injuries they've for some significant losses, this all translates into the line continuing to shrink and the possible "upset"

I have no clue about anything anymore. Anything goes. We could blow them out or be blown out, and anything in between. That’s how every game is the rest of the season. I just have became numb with emotions and projections and sit down and watch, with no preconceived thoughts anymore. It’s like I went through a hard break up this season lol.

I have no clue about anything anymore. Anything goes. We could blow them out.....
Did Duke drop to FCS? Because that's the only type of team we've blown out all year. We have 0 P5 wins. I don't see us blowing anybody out that's left on the schedule.

Did Duke drop to FCS? Because that's the only type of team we've blown out all year. We have 0 P5 wins. I don't see us blowing anybody out that's left on the schedule.
The fact that we've only played one (1) P5 team (the defending national champs) may have something to do with 0 wins so far.

Saturdays high is 44 degrees in Durham with light rain and 10-20 MPH winds.

I have a feeling SU will have more fans than Duke. Think my friends and family want to kill me for buying tickets three months ago and convincing them SU football is back. At least we will enjoy our Bojangles tailgate.

I have a feeling SU will have more fans than Duke. Think my friends and family want to kill me for buying tickets three months ago and convincing them SU football is back. At least we will enjoy our Bojangles tailgate.
The ACC stuff has convinced me that I need a Bojangles tailgate on my bucket list.

Wrong board, this is football ! I know it’s weird seeing duke on football board.
OOPS - thanks for the kind response to my screwed up comment. My only excuse is that I might get mixed when we have 2 sports going on at the same time and I'm jumping from one board to another.

I was at the Duke/ND game last Saturday.

Duke has a very nice campus, the people there were all very friendly.

Duke's football stadium is pretty nice, too. I think that Syracuse fans will enjoy the trip there.

It was 37 degrees at kickoff and 34 in the second half. Sounds like a better forecast this week.

There were more ND fans than Duke fans in attendance last week. I suspect that Syracuse fans may outnumber Duke fans as well.

Duke is having some serious problems moving the ball on offense. I like Syracuse in this one.

Modestly surprised that Vegas would put a line on this game.
why? they make lines for FCS games no reason not to make a line for an ACC game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom