Duke vs. UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke vs. UNC

No foul when UNC had a 5 point lead,... not to mention some other very questionable calls in the first half... utter disgrace the favoritism shown these two schools on their home floors...

No foul when UNC had a 5 point lead,... not to mention some other very questionable calls in the first half... utter disgrace the favoritism shown these two schools on their home floors...
The last drive by Cook, Winslow had his player tied up jersey grabbed and that player had a play on the ball. It reminded me of the phantom no call on Okafor as it would have been his 5th foul also. I like Bilas but that was nonsense when he said the play before wasn't a foul when Winslow hit the guys arm and then did not mention Winslow's wrestling move.

I want Duke. SU would be tied for fourth in the league with NC and Louisville.

Looks like he stepped in early??? he did step in early and Bilas, why should they ignore it??? that's just a dumb statement

How many times has there been a review of the clock in the last five minutes of the game and in over time when Duke has no time outs remaining. Always takes 1 to 2 minutes to give the home team a breather and some coaching without a time out.

Big time choke job by UNC. Up 10 with a few minutes left and played scared at the end. Paige had a horrible game. I feel for them. Made me sick just watching them gift wrap the game to puke.

Really? UNC just got the call on Winslow - that was a pretty clean block from what I could tell.

UNC is the only team that has a chance of getting that call

The pivotal play at the end of regulation was the mis-fire on the touchdown pass. SU has used it from time to time with decent results. Especially when Derrick Coleman was flinging those 90-foot passes--with his off-hand.

Last shot for UNC

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 12.01.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 12.01.34 AM.png
    383.7 KB · Views: 182
It was a well-constructed play, and probably should have earned a whistle.

You don't get whistles against Dook. That's why everyone hates them. As is evident by the picture above. Did you notice that when the game went to halftime, K immediately ran to the nearest ref and started yelling at him? This despite Duke only being called for 5 calls while UNC was called for 10 that half.

You don't get whistles against Dook. That's why everyone hates them. As is evident by the picture above. Did you notice that when the game went to halftime, K immediately ran to the nearest ref and started yelling at him? This despite Duke only being called for 5 calls while UNC was called for 10 that half.

This is partially true, but the refs always swallow the whistles at the end of the game.

It was a great game. I was sorry to see your squad lose, but I thought both teams played well. Tyus Jones is a beast. That kid can play.

You play two different styles - the foul disparity is irrelevant.

You play two different styles - the foul disparity is irrelevant.

Not irrelevant when it costs us the game.

From Duke's tying basket at the end of regulation-

Attachments

• B-LmvRvCUAA12Uy.jpg
    B-LmvRvCUAA12Uy.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 134

Yeah, that was pretty blatant. I assume you've been watching Duke-UNC games for awhile. You must know that would never be called.

That was absolutely ridiculous - that play, grab by winslow , and non call was the difference in the game imo. I hate to see any sport come down to the team that cheats the most effectively. The refs need to step up but i wont hold my breath

That was absolutely ridiculous - that play, grab by winslow , and non call was the difference in the game imo. I hate to see any sport come down to the team that cheats the most effectively. The refs need to step up but i wont hold my breath

They are afraid of K. I'm sure you've noticed by now. Most coaches, when their team is losing, they talk to (or yell at) their players. When K's teams are losing, he yells at the refs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom