Duke vs. UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke vs. UNC

They are afraid of K. I'm sure you've noticed by now. Most coaches, when their team is losing, they talk to (or yell at) their players. When K's teams are losing, he yells at the refs.
Hes a master. He absolutely lit into the refs after winslow was called for that foul on his block and after that duk got all the calls. They are a little afraid of him imo. But more importantly the home team in college ball gets all the borderline calls. When you have the fans on your side why do you need most all of the 50 50 calls too?

Not irrelevant when it costs us the game.

From Duke's tying basket at the end of regulation-

It was behind the play. We played at Chapel Hill, your bigs charged into Rak whenever they could knowing the charge wasn't going to be called.

You blew a 7 point lead under 2 with the ball, hard to blame the refs for that.

It was behind the play. We played at Chapel Hill, your bigs charged into Rak whenever they could knowing the charge wasn't going to be called.

You blew a 7 point lead under 2 with the ball, hard to blame the refs for that.

Agree that we blew the lead. Should have won regardless of the refs if we had been able to make FTs and 3's. Just would have liked to have seen the game called fairly.

How many times has there been a review of the clock in the last five minutes of the game and in over time when Duke has no time outs remaining. Always takes 1 to 2 minutes to give the home team a breather and some coaching without a time out.

Noticed that as well. Coincidence?????

Agree that we blew the lead. Should have won regardless of the refs if we had been able to make FTs and 3's. Just would have liked to have seen the game called fairly.
It sucks when it's your team on the crappy end of the whistle isnt it? Last time cuse fans such as myself complained about the reffing not being called evenly , you chalk it up to us wearing orange colored glasses. Now that you get the short end of the stick, you are whistling another tune. Haha.

It sucks when it's your team on the crappy end of the whistle isnt it? Last time cuse fans such as myself complained about the reffing not being called evenly , you chalk it up to us wearing orange colored glasses. Now that you get the short end of the stick, you are whistling another tune. Haha.

Touche. You caught me being hypocritical. No use in denying it.

From Duke's tying basket at the end of regulation-

There was another play before that with Jones scoring on a lay-up with about 5 minutes to go, where the Duke player (Okafor?) screening at the elbow had an absolute arm bar on Meeks, preventing a switch and creating a bubble so large Jones' defender was completely obliterated. But I guarantee if you make that call there, - edit: or the rebound foul on Winslow - you won't see anymore games at this level. There's a strong "the game doesn't want that call" mentality at that level. :noidea:

Last edited:
Cowtown said:
There was another play before that with Jones scoring on a lay-up with about 5 minutes to go, where the Duke player (Okafor?) screening at the elbow had an absolute arm bar on Meeks, preventing a switch and creating a bubble so large Jones' defender was completely obliterated. But I guarantee if you make that call there, - edit: or the rebound foul on Winslow - you won't see anymore games at this level. There's a strong "the game doesn't want that call" mentality at that level. :noidea:

Another game where it was handed to Duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom